South vs Science Hill

sportsfan1983

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing to really be determined in this game is will it be a competitive game, or a massacre. And that depends on whether or not Coach Smith can rally his team together and give them SOME kind of direction. If he can… this could be a competitive game. If not… Coach Carter will no doubt drop the hammer on him, because he himself has something to prove. I don’t think "who’s going to win this game' is really in question… smart money would fall heavily on the South side.

The Rebs have a little more on the line in this one.It will come down to SH and DB next week for a spot against some Knoxville area monster.South has a chance for the big 8,but I say that doesn't matter so much as getting ready for the playoff run.

Agreed. Even if SH loses this one, they just need to win their last 2 and they're in the playoffs so this isn't a must win game although it would help with momentum going into next week. South needs to get healthy.

I guess the chance of the players reading this thread by now is remote. Otherwise I would not have anything to say. I came to understand that we are pretty banged up. I also understand that morale is not good also. This from what I can calculate, is going to be one of those games where the common consensus is do you want this or not. If you do then how bad do you want it. It seems the lose to DB had the 2nd biggest effect on this team this season. My understanding is the attitude is not good. Science Hill is a talent laden team. They have morale problems as well hence their losses of late. I feel we have a very good chance of loosing this game. At best I think it will be a close game. It is rather evident that as predicted the Rebels will not wake up until Oct 30th. So sad for a group of kids that were State Championship material in week 0.

I do wish for the best and I will be there in support but I think some leadership needs to step up. The D needs to lead this game. If the D goes out and takes control then Heath and the O will follow. If the D does not go out strong we will suffer another loss. I feel a return TD by Paul Wagner will get the blood pumping. My son tells me he wishes he had this offensive line in college and then he would be fine. He says their intelligence level is non existant and they work smart not hard. He doesn't understand why the running game is struggling. He says Bobeye is not seeing the cutback...something he readily saw last year. I asked him to speak to him before the game and he concurred. I think that if #2 can cut loose like he did every time he touched the ball last year it will cause a spark that will light a bonfire. In my mind that is the key. That psychological trump card will give Heath the cushion he needs to feel as comfortable as he needs to set the night alight. I will go with the Rebels 28/21.

I guess the chance of the players reading this thread by now is remote. Otherwise I would not have anything to say. I came to understand that we are pretty banged up. I also understand that morale is not good also. This from what I can calculate, is going to be one of those games where the common consensus is do you want this or not. If you do then how bad do you want it. It seems the lose to DB had the 2nd biggest effect on this team this season. My understanding is the attitude is not good. Science Hill is a talent laden team. They have morale problems as well hence their losses of late. I feel we have a very good chance of loosing this game. At best I think it will be a close game. It is rather evident that as predicted the Rebels will not wake up until Oct 30th. So sad for a group of kids that were State Championship material in week 0.

I do wish for the best and I will be there in support but I think some leadership needs to step up. The D needs to lead this game. If the D goes out and takes control then Heath and the O will follow. If the D does not go out strong we will suffer another loss. I feel a return TD by Paul Wagner will get the blood pumping. My son tells me he wishes he had this offensive line in college and then he would be fine. He says their intelligence level is non existant and they work smart not hard. He doesn't understand why the running game is struggling. He says Bobeye is not seeing the cutback...something he readily saw last year. I asked him to speak to him before the game and he concurred. I think that if #2 can cut loose like he did every time he touched the ball last year it will cause a spark that will light a bonfire. In my mind that is the key. That psychological trump card will give Heath the cushion he needs to feel as comfortable as he needs to set the night alight. I will go with the Rebels 28/21.

I believe everybody is waiting for this team to wake up. We have too many seniors on this team for leadership to be a problem. What I was afraid of seems to be happening. We put everything into the DB game and didn't come away with a win so some feel the season has been lost. We have three games left in the regular season to show the conference what we're made of. Let's go out there and show the rest of the state that we will be a force in the playoffs.

Morale Comp? Elaborate.

I will hold my thoughts for later.

I understand Stacy is pushing them to the limit and they may very well not be responding the way he needs them to. I guess the evidence will be seen tonight. My report is they are down on themselves more than ever. We all know they have the "it". Across the board. We all know they haven't played like week 0 since week 0. Maybe it is selfish to expect them to get that back. But I feel they have to get it back plus more. They have something to prove...now more than ever. The true measure of a champion is to triumph over untold adversity and duress. They couldn't ask for more of a burden to be placed on them. I will not give up on them. I pray they don't give up on themselves. Not for the game but for the principle. They will never be able to live with themselves. At the least it won't go away easily. They have enough to carry as it is without more devistation. I feel the only way for them to justify any of this is to push forward to ultimate victory. Sounds corney but it is a lifes' lesson. One that I am sure Stacy will drill into their heart and soul this evening. I can only hope they have the guts to remember their fallen comrade in the only way fitting and that is to give what he would have given...and that is all he had. I would understand if they decided to hang up their gear now and let it go. But if they walk on that field this evening it should be for no other reason than to bring their hearts and souls as their sacrifice to this altar. No drama intended. Just a smile on Jakes face understanding they know the price of greatness. It is no less than that important. He fell for them. They must triumph for him. Then when the perverbial bulletts start flying in their lives somewhere down the road they will know without a doubt what life will require of them to face that adversity. Regardless of the outcome they will know they have lived honorably. They were forced to become men a bit prematurely...but there is no turning back.

Morale Comp? Elaborate.

I will hold my thoughts for later.

I understand Stacy is pushing them to the limit and they may very well not be responding the way he needs them to. I guess the evidence will be seen tonight. My report is they are down on themselves more than ever. We all know they have the "it". Across the board. We all know they haven't played like week 0 since week 0. Maybe it is selfish to expect them to get that back. But I feel they have to get it back plus more. They have something to prove...now more than ever. The true measure of a champion is to triumph over untold adversity and duress. They couldn't ask for more of a burden to be placed on them. I will not give up on them. I pray they don't give up on themselves. Not for the game but for the principle. They will never be able to live with themselves. At the least it won't go away easily. They have enough to carry as it is without more devistation. I feel the only way for them to justify any of this is to push forward to ultimate victory. Sounds corney but it is a lifes' lesson. One that I am sure Stacy will drill into their heart and soul this evening. I can only hope they have the guts to remember their fallen comrade in the only way fitting and that is to give what he would have given...and that is all he had. I would understand if they decided to hang up their gear now and let it go. But if they walk on that field this evening it should be for no other reason than to bring their hearts and souls as their sacrifice to this altar. No drama intended. Just a smile on Jakes face understanding they know the price of greatness. It is no less than that important. He fell for them. They must triumph for him. Then when the perverbial bulletts start flying in their lives somewhere down the road they will know without a doubt what life will require of them to face that adversity. Regardless of the outcome they will know they have lived honorably. They were forced to become men a bit prematurely...but there is no turning back.

Well stated Comp.Play as a privilege to honor, not as a burden to uphold. I believe they are ready. I think the running game comes out of the closet tonight!