South vs Science Hill

sportsfan1983

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. Rebels looked sharp tonight. The personnel changes made on defense made a huge difference. Hopefully they will continue to pay off. Radio said the Rebs had a great week of practice...that's great to hear. One game at a time....big game against Crockett...stay focused Blue!!!

Great game for South. However, Volunteer, SH and Crockett are not TN High or any second round playoff opponent. There are still huge question marks in the D backfield. You can be assured that the TN High coaches are already perusing the films. They will see it and they will exploit it.

Schools like Tn High, DB, Clinton, etc don't pay their coaches that extra ~$4,000 for nothing. As much as I've tried to read it differently, my crystal ball reads a sad, but respectable 9-3 for South.

Agreed with you Cap, it seems like a lot of people are quiet from South these days, but last I saw, if South wins out...Conference Championship. When it comes down to winning one game vs the rest of the season who cares....I remember those years before 2005 as well. We will see what South can do tonight. Also, good luck to you tonight as well Cap, drive safe and all that...I am pretty sure we'll be talking Saturday or Sunday in the Boone vs TN High thread.

Thanks FB.... but actually I'm coming up your way to see the second place team in the NEW Big 8 Conference. :roflol: You're not sneaking up on me!! :wacko:

You'll have to tell me what you thought of the game... but I will allow you the honors of making the thread haha!

Coach Smith kept trying to push the middle all night with his scat back. He didn't send him on a sweep until the 2's went in. I can't help but question his thinking. Way to go Rebels.

Go ahead and question him comp we have been for 3 years. great job rebels good luck the rest of the year.... :roflol:

Agree. Rebels looked sharp tonight. The personnel changes made on defense made a huge difference. Hopefully they will continue to pay off. Radio said the Rebs had a great week of practice...that's great to hear. One game at a time....big game against Crockett...stay focused Blue!!!

Great game for South. However, Volunteer, SH and Crockett are not TN High or any second round playoff opponent. There are still huge question marks in the D backfield. You can be assured that the TN High coaches are already perusing the films. They will see it and they will exploit it.

Schools like Tn High, DB, Clinton, etc don't pay their coaches that extra ~$4,000 for nothing. As much as I've tried to read it differently, my crystal ball reads a sad, but respectable 9-3 for South.

I agree there are still some question marks in the backfield...missing Watterson hurts. However the D backfield played well against a team that has moved the ball through the air well against everyone they have played. 3 ints, one of which was returned 50 some yards for a TD isn't to shabby, plus I saw some good pass break-ups tonight which is encouraging. Moving Conkin to D end was a big plus in my opinion. I think everyone realizes that SH, Volunteer etc. are not the same calibur as some of the other programs but give credit where it is due. I am not giving up on this team. I expect them to win every time they enter the field. They have that capability. We need to get healed up and I think we can make some noise. One game at a time....get ready for Crockett. GO BLUE!! By the way where did fall go??? Did I fall asleep and miss that season? Summer straight to winter. I have some great leaves for raking if anyone likes leaves! :roflol:

As good as the score looked I have to agree with jhilts. Science Hill was a pushover...plain and simple. No disrespect but they obviously have issues over there. So because it was an easy game it gives you false hope. Yes, changes have been made that are reaping benifits and more than one but it's the killer instinct I'm looking for along with the unswerving leadership. I don't see it. We are not ready for post season yet. And I'm afraid not Tennessee High either. It's not X's and O's I'm looking for. It's something from deep inside. Do you have it or not Rebels?

I didn't see it, but I was told that Harmon passed for a School Record 315 yards against the Cougars... in the rain...I'm just saying! I know there were questions after the DB game but for Taylor and this team in general it comes down to doing what you need to, to get the job done.

Nothing really unexpected from the South vs HiLL game... except maybe the score. I knew that the HiLL was weak against the run. Many of them look like they have never been taught how to form tackle. The line play for the HiLL is horrific which is why they cant stop the run on D or get the run started on O. B Taylor is the new horse for South. He has strung several good games in a row and that is disturbing for the Vikings to say the least.

I didn't see it, but I was told that Harmon passed for a School Record 315 yards against the Cougars... in the rain...I'm just saying! I know there were questions after the DB game but for Taylor and this team in general it comes down to doing what you need to, to get the job done.

Nothing really unexpected from the South vs HiLL game... except maybe the score. I knew that the HiLL was weak against the run. Many of them look like they have never been taught how to form tackle. The line play for the HiLL is horrific which is why they cant stop the run on D or get the run started on O. B Taylor is the new horse for South. He has strung several good games in a row and that is disturbing for the Vikings to say the least.

It wasn't raining, but the field was pretty messy from where it had rained earlier.

Cap you know Bobeye had it last year. He rode in the shadows of the Dr. but when he got his carry it was on. I don't know what happened to him up until a couple of games ago but I fully believe we are still to see his best effort. It's tough to make magic in one year. But I am looking for last years magic to materialize.