1A Playoff Quads- 10/14

mofototo50

That's the bracket format I've came up with for A & AA. :roflol: but not sure how they'll detemin #1 & #2. would they just calle'm bye teams? and seed 3,4,5 & wildcard.?

What's going on 3? Yeah as far as the 1 & 2 seeds, best I can tell is that they'll use the tiebreaker scenarios. Take a look at the TSSAA wildcard rankings to see how the teams would rank (be seeded).

1A wildcard rankings: http://www.tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/wildcard.cfm?class=1A

2A wildcard rankings: http://www.tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/wildcard.cfm?class=2A

Tks MOTO.. been doing fine out here. looks like you guy are moving right along. good luck, in the upcoming season !

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I came up with after tonights games. There are of course games next week that will impact and change these. A couple of Quad's I seeded based on Wild Card Standing when teams were in who were both District winners. This is my best attempt.

Mofo: a couple of questions...

1. MTCS in quad 2 versus quad 3 because they are slightly east of Eagleville?

2. Your results assume Coalfied beats Oakdale (which is likely) and wins tie-breaker over Sunbright due to head-to-head victory?

3. You got Monterey losing to FC and Clay County getting the nod due to head-to-head?

4. Would Monterey get the wild card nod over Copper Basin?

5. Looks like the auto-qualifiers are set other than Coalfied/Sunbright (I think they both get in regardless); Monterey/Clay County (both may still get in); Collinwood/Perry County (again, I think both get in); and Gleason/West Carroll (both still get in).

Would love to see MTCS get the 3 seed rather than the 4 but given our non-district results that doesn't seem likely.

Clay Co is in as an Automatic because they will have the head to head with Monterey. The only way that Copper Basin gets the nod over Monterey is if they beat Boyd. That doesn't change even if Freindship beats Monterey. If both lose they would both be 5-5. Monterey has a win over a team with a 500 record and Copper Basin doesn't. Whitwell will be out as well unless they beat Signal Mountain. All of the 4 win teams at this point must win or they are out. The only way to have a shot at this time is to finish with at least 5 wins and then hope the other teams on your schedule help you out. As of now Lookout Valley, Collinwood, and Gleason are all wildcards. They each have 6 wins. Lake County, Sunbright, Monterey, and Copper Basin all have 5 wins. If none of the 4 win teams win next week these four teams will fill the remaining slots. The 4 win teams that have a chance are Whitwell, Cornersville, Moore County, Huntland, and Columbia Academy. All of these teams will be underdogs in their final game. I believe your Wildcard teams will be as follows:

1. Lookout Valley

2. Collinwood

3. Gleason

4. Lake County

5. Monterey

6. Sunbright

7. Copper Basin

Where they will be seeded and what bracket they will play in is anyones guess. The bubble team is Copper Basin because their wins are over teams that will not be 500. Monterey has the tie breaker over Sunbright and Copper Basin assuming all three end up 5-5.

I was looking at the schedules and several teams on the list had games against David Brainerd scheduled this season. David Brainerd shut the school down so those schedules games all count as forfeits for those teams that had them scheduled. That list doesn't include the forfeit wins for those teams. Copper Basin and Boyd Buchanan had them scheduled so you can add one more win to their win columns.

How does this alignment look? geographically speaking?

Quad 1: Cloudland, Knox Grace, Harriman, Sunbright, Coalfield, Monterey

Quad 2: Copper Basin, Lookout Valley, South Pitt, Collinwood, Wayne Co., Perry County

Quad 3: Clay Co., Gordonsville, MTCA, Eagleville, Jo Byrns, McEwen

Quad 4: Huntingdon, Gleason, West Carroll, South Fulton, Union City, Lake Co.

Quad 2: Copper Basin, Lookout Valley, South Pitt, Collinwood, Wayne Co., Perry County

I thought that Wayne Co. was in the same Quad as Jo Buyrns. I did realize that we got moved with South Pitt. That'll be fun we've never played them before, that I can think of.

Im still not entirely sure how this alignment works so im not commenting on that but dang thats some long drives in quad 2.

Im still not entirely sure how this alignment works so im not commenting on that but dang thats some long drives in quad 2.

Well if everything stays the same it wont matter who Wayne Co. plays we'll be driving long distance anyway. Which really sucks, don't much like the long rides.

Quad 2 and 3 will no doubt be the toughest to figure out. Quad 4 seems easy enough if those indeed are the teams that make it in. Quad 1 seems fairly straitforward as well with the exception of who the sixth team will be that joins those 5 easternmost teams. No matter how the other 12 teams are grouped, there will be some long drives. That's just part of what makes the playoffs special. Going to be exciting.