2A Mr. Football?

SEVEN

I figured I might as well go ahead and start this one. Who are some of the leading canidates and why? I'll be the first to admit that I really have no idea about the linemen, or backs for that matter, outside of the teams that I follow on here. Most of the time the lineman award goes to a defensive player, and to be honest, I don't spend my time studying high school stats! lol Most of the games that I've been to, outside of TC's, have been in upper classes. Although I have seen SP play Marion Co. and Boyd, and I really couldn't tell anything about Boyd because of the weather. However, I'd be a little surprised if they didn't have someone make the final three in one, if not both, of the awards. All that being said here's a couple of names.

Back

Lee Maason - FCS Take him off their team and they are very average.

Jabriel Washington - TCA The word here is this guy is a stud! However, it seems like they may be on the verge of being left out of the playoffs. IMO, a Mr. Football should get his team in the post season.

Tyler Edwards - TC I'll just throw his name in the mix, but I don't think we'll have a back on the list. Spread it around too much for anyone to really stand out, but this cat is a PLAYER. Plus, I don't think they would bring in two kids from the same district, and Maason would get my vote over everyone else in the district.

Lineman - I have no idea

Brent Ford - TC Finalist last year with name recognition. When he wants to play, nobody can handle him (kinda like Haynesworth). But my vote would be for Alex Gregory (TC). Probably doesn't have the accolades as Ford, but has def. played well enough to earn all-state honors.

Let's here some names. Thoughts and opinions...anyone?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd-Buchanan: Ben Beasley, Running Back

126 carries

791 yards

6.28 yd/car

16 rushing TDs....stats so far.

Just my opinion, but I think he is one of the best RBs in the state in 2A, if not the best. Really makes good decisions and sees the hole really well. He will be atop the list for Mr. Football Back. Only seen him play a couple of games (Red Bank, Notre Dame), but he is the REAL DEAL.

Can't have this discussion without Josh Caroll middle linebacker from Adamsville. He led the state in tackles last year and is near the top again this year. If you ever see him play you will understand. Last week he had 25 tackles 3 for loss and a sack. If he was 3-4 inches taller he would be pure d-1 lock for sec defense.

Boyd-Buchanan: Ben Beasley, Running Back

126 carries

791 yards

6.28 yd/car

16 rushing TDs....stats so far.

Just my opinion, but I think he is one of the best RBs in the state in 2A, if not the best. Really makes good decisions and sees the hole really well. He will be atop the list for Mr. Football Back. Only seen him play a couple of games (Red Bank, Notre Dame), but he is the REAL DEAL.

I agree with this one. Beasley would be a good nomination. Very good vision and runs hard every time he gets the ball.

I figured I might as well go ahead and start this one. Who are some of the leading canidates and why? I'll be the first to admit that I really have no idea about the linemen, or backs for that matter, outside of the teams that I follow on here. Most of the time the lineman award goes to a defensive player, and to be honest, I don't spend my time studying high school stats! lol Most of the games that I've been to, outside of TC's, have been in upper classes. Although I have seen SP play Marion Co. and Boyd, and I really couldn't tell anything about Boyd because of the weather. However, I'd be a little surprised if they didn't have someone make the final three in one, if not both, of the awards. All that being said here's a couple of names.

Back

Lee Maason - FCS Take him off their team and they are very average.

Jabriel Washington - TCA The word here is this guy is a stud! However, it seems like they may be on the verge of being left out of the playoffs. IMO, a Mr. Football should get his team in the post season.

Tyler Edwards - TC I'll just throw his name in the mix, but I don't think we'll have a back on the list. Spread it around too much for anyone to really stand out, but this cat is a PLAYER. Plus, I don't think they would bring in two kids from the same district, and Maason would get my vote over everyone else in the district.

Lineman - I have no idea

Brent Ford - TC Finalist last year with name recognition. When he wants to play, nobody can handle him (kinda like Haynesworth). But my vote would be for Alex Gregory (TC). Probably doesn't have the accolades as Ford, but has def. played well enough to earn all-state honors.

Let's here some names. Thoughts and opinions...anyone?

I agree with seven on his first choice on the back. I'm not to familar with any other backs in 2a but Maason. He is a heck of an athlete w/o him on that friendship team they would be average.

On the lineman I am going with Lennox and Ford. They are both outstanding lineman in 2a and are very deserving of such and honor.

Mckenzie has a DE that is a heck of a player, name is Evan Rodgers #25.. he has blocked 5 punts, 2 kicks, Leading tackler on a very good Mckenzie defense. This kid is the real deal, he is a 3 year starter and is a huge game changer. Dont have all his stats yet this year but last year he had 90 tackles 25 for loss, 8 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recovers.. i will try to get some more of his stats for this year

I agree with Seven, Friendship without Lee Maasen is very average. He's the front runner in my book. Over 900 yds passing and over 600 yds rushing. TC spreads the ball around too much for anyone there to get a look. Besides everybody looks great running behind that line. I'll throw Dalton Phillips name out there. I think he's leading 2A with 1255 yds passing. His stats have been hurt this yr w/ Holycross success running the ball. If you need a tough yd or 2, he's the guy.

As far as linemen go, anyone on TC's O-line is a canidate to me. I'm sure there is someone from Boyd's line who can get on the list. Ford and Lennox on the D side of the ball make the list.