A/AA playoff contest

BigG

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went through the other playoff contest threads instead of studying for the past 40 minutes...

G, while we've come to accept the score as 3-nil, the other threads indicate that you won the first contest. I tried to verify this but we have no threads from January 07 back.

This makes sense though, because in the 08 version I listed my choice as picking CAK in the final because ND had lost it for me twice. BigG would have chosen CAK as it is his school.

This is our 4th go at it. So G, be happy for yourself...

(And technically, Zeek won the first contest, with G in second. This was the year that ND beat FRA in the first round, then lost to CAK in the 2nd round. Was this also the year that I met G for the first time? I believe it is. Halftime, CAK v ND. I ran into one of my friends who had gone to college that year and was watching her friend's sister play for CAK, and then I ran into you. How could you have forgotten this dude?)

Coniglio: 3

BigG: 1

Because I am old, and I tend to forget things. Plus, that was back when your hair wasn't out of control, so I probably didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I COULD have guaranteed that I wouldn't lose to you this year, by just going with your picks, but I like to go for the win, even with the threat of a loss. "Go big or go home" is my motto!

Congrats on your "third" victory. You are a soccer freak of nature that doesn't play soccer... very odd! The end result is what I am hoping for, which is CAK winning on Saturday, but I feel they have their toughest game ahead of them.

Haha. G, you need to come down for some ChattanoogaFC games this summer!

And I also learned that the joke about Reaction copying G's picks actually started at the first contest, in the fall of 2007.

Yes, he started back then in his evil endeavors. He has continued to do so since then.

Haha. G, you need to come down for some ChattanoogaFC games this summer!

And I also learned that the joke about Reaction copying G's picks actually started at the first contest, in the fall of 2007.

Yes, he started back then in his evil endeavors. He has continued to do so since then.

You know it is an honor to have such a CoachT Legend copy your picks year after to year, knowing that going in, I'm probably going to lose.