A/AA playoff contest

BigG

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will anyone be attending the game son Wed? I think Reactio himself might have to make an appearance. BigG can you make it down?

I'll probably come to the Thursday game (if we make it) and most definitely to the finals (again, if we make it).

If the finals are Sat. I might be able to make it, but Thursday is def. a no go.

State Quarter Winners

Greenville - their strength of schedule is pretty ridiculous. coming down from AAA is a nice advantage. I like their defense to hold Page goalless.

Notre Dame - they should win this game by a lot, no disrespect to Dyersburg.

CCS - gotta go with my alma mater on its home turf to enact some revenge on a semifinal loss a couple years ago to CPA. Close game. 2 yellow cards.

CAK - Madison won't get off more than 5 shots. CAK will have more than 5 goals. Enough said.

State Semi Winners

Notre Dame hasn't won a semifinal match since moving down to A/AA from DII, but this is the year (I hope). This is the year they aren't on the side of the bracket with everyone else that was predicted to win. This is a game that should be very very close until down the stretch. Probably only a one goal difference here.

CAK - They are really good. Like, really, really good. Defending champs as well. I give them the edge because they should be very well rested whereas their opponent is going to be coming off a heart wrenching game.

State Final

CAK - Yeah, they're that good.

Total Goals is 26.

OK, my REAL predictions:

Greeneville: Gotta root for Coach Eiskamp and the Lady Devils. First trip to state after being in AAA, and I think Coach will have them ready.

Notre Dame: I think they are in the top 3 talent this year.

CPA: I have always liked CPA since I met Coach Armstrong, and I think they have a SLIGHT advantage over CCS (though I really like CCS, too). CCS does have a home field advantage, but I am going for the contest win and going with CPA (cause I KNOW Coniglio can't vote against his alma mater)

CAK: This is the most loaded team I have seen E V E R. These girls who are upper classmen didn't lose a game for me in middle school. I think if they play as a team, and work hard, they will bring home #3. The problem is that they haven't been tested for 2 weeks. I will be interested in seeing how they "come out of the gate".

Semi Finals

Greeneville: I know, I know... I'm partial, but I also think they are ready for the task. I would have gone for Notre Dame, but with only a 1-0 win in the sectionals, I don't know if they peaked too early. Greeneville will be chomping at the bit after being put out of the state play offs by powerhouses like Bearden each year. Coach Eiskamp, don't let me down!

CAK: Enough said.

State Champions:

CAK

Goals scored: 27

Will anyone be attending the game son Wed? I think Reactio himself might have to make an appearance. BigG can you make it down?

I'll probably come to the Thursday game (if we make it) and most definitely to the finals (again, if we make it).

I hope to make Wednesday's games, though after that, I'm heading to a different post-season tournament -- the OVC Women's Soccer Tournament, to see a certain red-head play...

I hope to make Wednesday's games, though after that, I'm heading to a different post-season tournament -- the OVC Women's Soccer Tournament, to see a certain red-head play...

Look for me up on the hill there. I will have a blue Boyd Buc Football pullover on. The fiance will be with me, probably reading a book or something to keep herself busy. I like to sit at those picnic tables if possible.