Gordonsville vs Clay Co.

pasttiger

hey john73 you seem to be lost, this isnt a watertown girls basketball thread. fyi ,me and a couple more stay on here defending our tigers. actually what we do is get on here week by week and brain storm on how to fix gordonsville tiger football. moose is a good coach, he played here a few years before i did. know the man,respect the man. the thing about me is i take gordonsville tiger football dead serious. when these boys do good i do good. when they dont i dont. call me out , you dont carry the clout to call me out on a GHS football thread. go back to your girls basketball thread and let GHS football mend itself. thanks for defending the honor of tiger football, we can handle it from here. bye, bye, now.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here I go and don't really care to offend anyone....the Watertown game was a joke... the Tigers have been going backwards since the first game of the season against Carthage...the team that played that night hasn't been seen since...there has been some times that they haved showed it but still haven't played with the heart and passion like they did...yeah it was Carthage but you have to play with that passion every Friday night for 4 quarters... there is kids on the team who doesn't know what it means to put on that BLUE and WHITE jersey... you have kids ok mainly the upper classmen in my opinion that when things go bad they put on like ther hurt and want to come out of the game-don't play cause your hurting the team and your not being leaders-you want to point fingers and blame it on someone else besides yourself...put in the kids that want to play and want to be in there-who cares if ther freshman cause it will benefit them in the end...i also believe they need to watch some old games and actually understand what it means to play for the GORDONSVILLE TIGERS...when you put on that jersey your not only playing for yourself but everyone else that has wore that same jersey...everyone in Gordonsville that supports the team...Gordonsville football is known for its tradition...a team that is physical,hits you in the mouth and just lines up and runs over you...teams use to hate playing us cause they knew what was coming when they played us...so with that said get it together and play Gordonsville football like it should be played....

I keep reading this post time and time again and have to agree, these kids don't have a clue about "wearing blue and white"

These players really don't appear to respect themselves or the coaches. Some might say you have to earn respect but kids have to be taught to respect the position and authority as well. I've heard more than one player put down the staff, makes me think these players were used to being coddled and are spoiled, not taught to respect even themselves just want a gimme gimme gimme .. pffft There's jr high players just counting the days when they can stand on the field with Moose and Co, move aside whiners .. Some of these Jr High players have more pride in wearing "blue and white" than the upper classmen ever dreamed of .. some have grown up watching tapes from games gone by, they know the meaning of Tiger Pride!

Time to put your big boy pants on and play like a team and play as though you are teenaged young men and not the JR PRO players you're looking like.

Maybe Gville, the town as a whole has lost some of it's Pride too. Remember the team of 94? They weren't expected to do alot, not win many games, not even beat Carthage but they did, they carried themselves with pride and gave the Glory where it belonged, REMEMBER?

"football football ain't it fun?"

Been a Tiger fan for years and I have to agree about the pride and respect issue.

This team (some of them) act like victory should be handed to them...

It appears this team lacks ALOT of respect for their coachin staff...

Respect is earned and SHOULD be earned

U should be PROUD of the GHS tradition of having a GOOD TUFF FOOTBALL

LEGACY. Live up to it when u step on the field and wear the blue and white!!

i do remember 94. had family on that team. back in my day it was not good to disrespect coaches, teachers, school staff of any kind, and most of all the team. players who openly complain about the coaches and team are bad apples of sort. it only takes one to ruin it all for the entire team. i have heard with my own ears from current players talking about the crap that has been going on. the bickering and crying about dumb stuff. i would not have dreamed of coming at coach "M" with such foolishness back then. chances are he would not have let a player hang around long enough to disrupt the team. seems this coaching staff needs to put the clamps on a few of these kids. no one or two players has the right to disrupt this team. in years past it would not be allowed. there are kids on this team with pride and respect who wants this team to win. everyone is not the problem, most of the drama centers around one or two. i really hope things get worked out so this team can go forward. week 9 is here, we still have a chance to get it together and play team football. boys, just put it all aside and play. for some of you your football playing is nearing an end, for some of you it has just started. if you let this opportunity pass you by, you will regret it the rest of your life. this is your time to leave your very own mark on this fine football tradition. what will your legacy be, one of a champion or one everyone is glad is gone. i hope you choose to be a champion. you can do it, so get get it done.

ur glory days r ova old man

y dont u shut up?

no 1 cares what u have 2 say

bout when u played

times have changed

kids r soft

parents whine when baby dont get his way

sit in ur rockin chair

or stand on the street corner & beg 4 nickels

or man up & go talk 2 coach moose

stead of flappin ur gums on here

stirrin up c r a p

Times have changed thats for sure but one thing has not, the head coach must be in charge at all times and command respect or the ship sails off course. Not saying thats the problem with moose and co. but if you have a few players disrupting a teams chemistry then the coach MUST address that situation or go down with the ship. Let me say again i support our coaching staff 100% this is just how i feel it should be with ANY team ! Fulmer wasted more good talent than any coach in history because he let um run wild and now wheres he at? GONE... where he should be :thumb: Ive seen some good things from this team but noway have they played up to their potential yet. Im in agreement the tigers need to make the power running game their first priority and POUND THE ROCK