Wayne County vs Perry County

wildcatpride70

Wayne Co'-42 Perry Co.-12

Great pick here and I like it but it will be a little closer something like WC 45-PC 20. WC's defense will be the difference in this game. Both teams can score points but PC's defense will struggle to slow down WC. If PC could run the ball and keep the clock control in their favor it might be closer but PC will throw the ball around and WC will control the time.

Im not saying PC will pull it out and Im not saying they won't but this PC team is NOT what WC is used to playing. Yeah I could understand yall thinking a past PC v. WC game would turn out to be a 20 point game but not this year. PC has some darn good athletes on this team that has found away to get the job done all year, its not all ways pretty but they get it done. Go ahead and think your going to run these boys out of the stadium, I think thats what a lot of teams have thought this year. Heck I even thought they would several times but these boys have put it all out there and surprised alot of people. WC may win friday night, they have a great team no doubt about it and they certainly have great players but don't go to sleep on this PC team. Confidence can be a scary weapon.

This will be a good game ,and i assure you WC will not be taking any thing away from PC . They have worked hard to get where they are as well has WC. PC has WC respect but WC will be ready to play on Friday!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a feeling this may be more of a track meet than a football game. For PC, Mercer is really good once he gets in the open field but I don't think their QB has the accuracy or the arm that Rice has. WC has a great stable of backs with Graham, Warren, and Crews and Austin Rice is very dangerous when he catches the ball.

Tucker, Mercer, and Kimble strap this Viking squad and roll into Wayne County and take the win. PC 36, WC 21. On another note, the Tucker kid potential Region MVP?

I'm not sure about this year but if this kid keeps working and improving by his senior year he is going to be amazing!! It's hard to believe he is just a sophomore watching him play sometime but he still needs to learn how to better control the game and understand that he doesn't have to make a big play every play that its ok to settle for less sometimes. This PC team is getting better every week led by a very good passing attack that is getting sharper and sharper every week. Tucker is developing several weapons to throw to. Tuckers stats from last friday against C'wood 19-29 passing 337 yrds 3 td's, 1 td on the ground and on D he added 11 tackles.

I saw the PC Cwood game, Tuckers passing look pretty good finding open reeivers for big first downs. Arm looks strong also. Seemed like it took away from his game some by trying to throw the ball away, he usually has more rushing yards but Cwood defense is strong against the run. PC stepped up this against Cwood I think they keep it going next Friday with a 33 to 28 win.

Tucker, Mercer, and Kimble strap this Viking squad and roll into Wayne County and take the win. PC 36, WC 21. On another note, the Tucker kid potential Region MVP?

With Tucker's numbers he probably will be the Region MVP and Mercer could be the best back. I've watched them over the years play baseball, football & basketball and they are very good athletes. As far as stats this year WC starters have only played partial games except maybe 2 games. Friday night against C'ville they only played a half. T. Rice, Graham, Warren, Crews, Kelly & the whole OL did not play the second half.

I do however think WC has a more complete team package and will be stronger than PC this week and they will beat PC by 25. GO Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saying that PC is going to win by 2+ TD's? I think thats stretching it just a little too far....yeah yall may have beat Collinwood, but "The Wood" is down a little this year...they have QB problems bad...and trust me WC will not fumble the ball as much as CW did....and hopefully (cross fingers) those refs will actually call something on the opposing team this week :thumb:

Saying that PC is going to win by 2+ TD's? I think thats stretching it just a little too far....yeah yall may have beat Collinwood, but "The Wood" is down a little this year...they have QB problems bad...and trust me WC will not fumble the ball as much as CW did....and hopefully (cross fingers) those refs will actually call something on the opposing team this week :thumb:

Actually the wood did struggle some once Max hurt his shoulder and moved to running back but

I think Jacob Davis is going to be a really good one once he gets a tad more experience. If you'd

seen the monster bomb he threw to Kaleb Clark friday night you would agree with me. He also

made several other nice throws after giving up a couple of early picks.

Back to the Pc Wc game...trust me when I tell you nobody on Waynesboro can keep up with Mercer.

I would say he is the gas that keeps their machine running. Having said that, Their offensive line

is really very good and that makes their qb even better and hes already good. I do think boro

will be able to run on them because Max Risner went wild against their defense and when wood

got behind pc started giving up a lot of passing yards too. If I were Waynesboro I would play

sorta a prevent style defense and try to take away all the big plays. Stacking the line would

not be a good idea at all in my opinion because if pc breaks contain its over.

WC wins by 2 touchdowns....

PC is coming off "The biggest win in school history" against a down collinwood team. This could get in there head, they come out flat, WC jumps on them early and then it gets out of hand just to have PC pull it within 2 TD's at the end. :blush:

This group of kids are winners for PC!!! Since they were peewee football we always walked in and whipped big teams like Dickson , Lewis Co. ,Fairview . The talent is there , everybody get ready to watch WC get cut back down to size. This will be the game of the week less than 1 TD and PC will come out on top.

It is interesting to hear that Cwood is down this year compared to last weeks comments. PC will have to come in with a lot of fire and hit hard early to get the upper hand. Several of PC players are stepping up to make some big plays. I think that we will probably hear some new names in the stats after this game because of the number of weapons that they have. Sure WC is going to focus on Mercer and Kimble but what about Campbell, both Watkins , Botwell, and Brown all can make plays. Defense have to turn it up 2 notches this week.