Henry County-Dickson County HUGE GAME

therealgame

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that all depends on when Henry County decides they want to start playing football. This years team seems to have a hard time getting the "BIG RED MACHINE" in gear. It's taking touchdowns by the opposing teams to make us realize that there is another team on the field. If the Pats would come out with a chip on their shoulders and start playing Patriot football from the first whistle, I dont know if anyone could stop them. This team has a ton of talent but looks to lack in the focus and drive aspects. If it wasn't for the come from behind wins I would say they lack heart too. I know they have heart, but someone needs to step up and be a leader. I dont want to make comparisions to last years team but the leadership shoes have yet to be filled. I am not talking about one person either, I think last year there were 3 or 4 guys that were "LEADERS" on the team and the whole team fed off of them.

I guess that all depends on when Henry County decides they want to start playing football. This years team seems to have a hard time getting the "BIG RED MACHINE" in gear. It's taking touchdowns by the opposing teams to make us realize that there is another team on the field. If the Pats would come out with a chip on their shoulders and start playing Patriot football from the first whistle, I dont know if anyone could stop them. This team has a ton of talent but looks to lack in the focus and drive aspects. If it wasn't for the come from behind wins I would say they lack heart too. I know they have heart, but someone needs to step up and be a leader. I dont want to make comparisions to last years team but the leadership shoes have yet to be filled. I am not talking about one person either, I think last year there were 3 or 4 guys that were "LEADERS" on the team and the whole team fed off of them.

I agree with your points about getting things in gear and playing harder once they get behind. They are not nearly as talented as last year's team but could still go very deep in the playoffs. You must be closer to the team than I because I have no idea about the leadership situation. They do have heart and do fight hard when behind or when the game is close. I was unable to attend the Clarksville game when it was changed to Saturday and I haven't seed Dickson County but I would expect this one to be close.

I agree with your points about getting things in gear and playing harder once they get behind. They are not nearly as talented as last year's team but could still go very deep in the playoffs. You must be closer to the team than I because I have no idea about the leadership situation. They do have heart and do fight hard when behind or when the game is close. I was unable to attend the Clarksville game when it was changed to Saturday and I haven't seed Dickson County but I would expect this one to be close.

This must not be as big of a game as I expected...there has been virtually no talk on this thread. I guess maybe since Dickson fans are more concerned about their budget and Henry County fans are still ashamed of their performance at Clarksville. Is the game still on?

I think this will be a tight game early with Henry Co. pulling away in the 2nd half. However, this is "The Battle for the Barrel" and HC/DC is a fierce and longstanding rivalry and anything can happen. Dickson Co. will come ready to play and HC better have their gamefaces on and be prepared to fight hard for a win!

It is a big game, Advisor, a very big game. I think you nailed it when you said we were hungover from the Clarksville debacle. Ihave stewed about our pitiful performance until yesterday when I had to watch an even more pitiful performance ( though only marginally more so ) by the Titans. Both were embarassingly inept performances. If we don't get our act together quickly, a very promising season is going to go down the drain. I am still hopeful, but we are running out of time. A realization that we aren't as good as we thought we were , a renewed dedication , and a rekindled fire would be a starting place on the road to our dream.

GO BIG RED

Hungover from a game that was played over a week ago? Now I know where some of the players get it from. Inept? Embarrassed? Pitiful? Negative posters like you need to find something constructive to do with your time. You think a group of 16-18 year olds are inept and pitiful? You have a problem. If you think the coaches are inept and pitiful, then start a movement to have them fired.

I would agree "inept and pitiful" are pretty harsh and I would not call it that at all. I just think there was a lack of focus on everyones part. I think the kids have great talent and the ability to go far in the playoffs, if not all the way. I still think we have some of the best coaches in the state and am grateful to have them in Henry County. Even the greatest teams can get out-coached or out-played in any game. I think this is just a wake-up call for our boys. If you remember, the last regular season game we lost really woke us up and I am hoping this one has the same effect. I would love to see a packed house for the game friday night and I know the team and coaches would love the support. Lets show up in full force and for those players who might be reading this thread, I would encourage you to come out with a grudge and squash all this talk and put the "BIG RED MACHINE" back in high gear!

I would agree "inept and pitiful" are pretty harsh and I would not call it that at all. I just think there was a lack of focus on everyones part. I think the kids have great talent and the ability to go far in the playoffs, if not all the way. I still think we have some of the best coaches in the state and am grateful to have them in Henry County. Even the greatest teams can get out-coached or out-played in any game. I think this is just a wake-up call for our boys. If you remember, the last regular season game we lost really woke us up and I am hoping this one has the same effect. I would love to see a packed house for the game friday night and I know the team and coaches would love the support. Lets show up in full force and for those players who might be reading this thread, I would encourage you to come out with a grudge and squash all this talk and put the "BIG RED MACHINE" back in high gear!

Good post. Certainly better than some "fan" calling the play of 16-18 year olds inept and pitiful. Certainly better than calling the coaching of our coaches inept and pitiful. My advice to anyone who is embarrassed by this team and its coaches, to go and support another one.

Good post. Certainly better than some "fan" calling the play of 16-18 year olds inept and pitiful. Certainly better than calling the coaching of our coaches inept and pitiful. My advice to anyone who is embarrassed by this team and its coaches, to go and support another one.

Now, now...let him speak his mind.

The performance did sound pitiful and that was over the radio. I'm sure it was even harder to watch.

Hopefully they've had their wake-up call and play on Friday with a take-no-prisoners attitude.

Looks like I may be the only Dickson response as of now but that is ok. Henry County from what I see has plenty to say every week on this web site and that is great to have such an awesome following !

This is indeed a fierce rivalry.. as long as I can remember. Last year was a "beat-down" with the Cougars taking the beating. This year should be a better game although Henry County seems to be ripping right on through their schedule. How is the QB for Henry County... as earlier posts talked about him being injured and possibly out. Is this for the district championship ? I can not figure out much with the new system. If so there should be plenty of fireworks at this one.

Looks like I may be the only Dickson response as of now but that is ok. Henry County from what I see has plenty to say every week on this web site and that is great to have such an awesome following !

This is indeed a fierce rivalry.. as long as I can remember. Last year was a "beat-down" with the Cougars taking the beating. This year should be a better game although Henry County seems to be ripping right on through their schedule. How is the QB for Henry County... as earlier posts talked about him being injured and possibly out. Is this for the district championship ? I can not figure out much with the new system. If so there should be plenty of fireworks at this one.

You guys have had a very good year. Dickson Co has a strong tradition. I do hope the Pats come out with the w. Coach Gaddis is one of my favorite coaches.