2A Playoff picture following week eight! (including seeding)

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this playoff scenario is still very confusing to me my question is will teams play each other in their perspective quad to begin with say TC vs Boyd and the last team in each quad move on to the next quad champion or will they interact say TC vs Hampton or McKinsey some one help me out here.Thanks

teams will play their quad then move on... so the winner of quad 1 plays the winner of quad 2 they move on to state championship vs. the winner of quad 3 and 4

Well a few things changed over the weekend. We now have 20 teams automatically qualified as of week eight. Two of those automatics are still up in the air. The Cosby/Unaka winner would get the automatic as the 2nd place finisher in District 1. The Oliver Springs/ Wartburg Central winner would qualify as the 2nd place finisher in District 4. Here are the Automatics, to date:

Hampton ***

Cosby/Unaka (winner) **

Tellico Plains *

Oneida ***

Oliver Springs/Wartburg Central (winner) **

Boyd Buchanan ***

Silverdale **

Signal Mountain **

Trousdale County ***

Friendship Christian **

Cascade ***

Forrest **

East Robertson **

Mt. Pleasant *

McKenzie ***

Humboldt **

Adamsville ***

Riverside **

Douglass ***

Westwood **

*** = Leading District

** = Second in District

* = Top half in class in District

(more stars means higher seed)

Wildcards if Oliver Springs wins:

1. Watertown

2. Rockwood

3. Marion County

4. Dresden

Wildcards if Wartburg wins:

1. Watertown

2. Rockwood

3. Oliver Springs

4. Marion County

Four VERY important games that could change wildcard drastically over the next two weeks:

Rockwood vs. Harriman

Oliver Springs vs. Wartburg

Cosby vs. Unaka

Marion County/ Lookout Valley

A look at current quads with Oliver Springs winning their game:

Quad 1

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Oliver Springs

4. Cosby/Oneida (winner

5. Tellico Plains

6. Rockwood

Quad 2

1. Trousdale County

2. Boyd Buchanan

3. Signal Mountain

4. Silverdale

5. Watertown

6. Marion County

Quad 3

1. Cascade

2. Frienship

3. Forrest

4. East Robertson

5. Mt. Pleasant

6. Riverside

Quad 4

1. McKenzie

2. Adamsville

3. Douglass

4. Humboldt

5. Westwood

6. Dresden

I seeded the quads putting district champs first, runner ups second, top half of District third, and wild cards last. In cases were two district champs or second places were in the same quad, I used the wild card qualifying chart. As I stated, lots can change in the next two weeks. Most notably is White House Heritage would move into the playoff picture if anyone stumbles based on the fact I feel they will win their remaining two games. If that happens, Friendship would likely get moved back East. Unless, WHH replaces Dresden as a wild card and then Riverside would get sent back West. It's gonna get interesting!

:mrgreen:

I know all this still very confusing, but i thoght the only automatic bids went to the district winner, except regions would get 2 automatic bids. Being second only made you playoff eligible. That being said at least Westwood should get left out. they're 1-7.

Well a few things changed over the weekend. We now have 20 teams automatically qualified as of week eight. Two of those automatics are still up in the air. The Cosby/Unaka winner would get the automatic as the 2nd place finisher in District 1. The Oliver Springs/ Wartburg Central winner would qualify as the 2nd place finisher in District 4. Here are the Automatics, to date:

Hampton ***

Cosby/Unaka (winner) **

Tellico Plains *

Oneida ***

Oliver Springs/Wartburg Central (winner) **

Boyd Buchanan ***

Silverdale **

Signal Mountain **

Trousdale County ***

Friendship Christian **

Cascade ***

Forrest **

East Robertson **

Mt. Pleasant *

McKenzie ***

Humboldt **

Adamsville ***

Riverside **

Douglass ***

Westwood **

*** = Leading District

** = Second in District

* = Top half in class in District

(more stars means higher seed)

Wildcards if Oliver Springs wins:

1. Watertown

2. Rockwood

3. Marion County

4. Dresden

Wildcards if Wartburg wins:

1. Watertown

2. Rockwood

3. Oliver Springs

4. Marion County

Four VERY important games that could change wildcard drastically over the next two weeks:

Rockwood vs. Harriman

Oliver Springs vs. Wartburg

Cosby vs. Unaka

Marion County/ Lookout Valley

A look at current quads with Oliver Springs winning their game:

Quad 1

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Oliver Springs

4. Cosby/Oneida (winner

5. Tellico Plains

6. Rockwood

Quad 2

1. Trousdale County

2. Boyd Buchanan

3. Signal Mountain

4. Silverdale

5. Watertown

6. Marion County

Quad 3

1. Cascade

2. Frienship

3. Forrest

4. East Robertson

5. Mt. Pleasant

6. Riverside

Quad 4

1. McKenzie

2. Adamsville

3. Douglass

4. Humboldt

5. Westwood

6. Dresden

I seeded the quads putting district champs first, runner ups second, top half of District third, and wild cards last. In cases were two district champs or second places were in the same quad, I used the wild card qualifying chart. As I stated, lots can change in the next two weeks. Most notably is White House Heritage would move into the playoff picture if anyone stumbles based on the fact I feel they will win their remaining two games. If that happens, Friendship would likely get moved back East. Unless, WHH replaces Dresden as a wild card and then Riverside would get sent back West. It's gonna get interesting!

:mrgreen:

Great work but how does Riverside 6-2 second in their region go to quad 3 as a 6th seed if Dresden doesn't get in would that not put Riverside in quad 4 as a 3 seed?

if dresden makes the playoffs quad 4 would look like it is drawn above if mckenzie beats huntingdon..if not

1 adamsville

2 douglas because they won their region

3 mckenzie

4 humbolt

5 dresden

6 westwood

if marion county wins one of their two remaining games or dresden loses to gleason then quad 4 would be like this... if mckenzie beats huntingdon

1 mckenzie

2 adamsville

3 riverside because westwood and douglas can not meet in first round

4 douglas

5 humbolt

6 westwood

if mckenzie loses to huntingdon

1 adamsville

2 douglas because they won their region

3 mckenzie

4 riverside

5 humbolt

6 westwood

first round is 3-6 and 4vs 5 with 1 and 2 getting byes

the four teams that i believe will be the wild cards are

white house h. who should finish 7-3

watertown who should finish 7-3

rockwood if they win one of their two remaining games will be 7-3

dresden 6-4

however if marion county (5 wins now) wins one of their remaining games then that puts them in ahead of dresden because of tie breakers

The only problem I have with the above senarios is that being second in a District does not qualify you for the playoffs. True it does if at least 4 (2-A) teams are in the District. In that case 2 qualify but if 3 or less are in a district only 1 qualifies.

In the western most District there are only 3 teams total, 2 in Class 2-A thus only 1 will earn a bid.

A couple Districts have less than 5 schools, which the TSSAA said they could not allow, and thus is why we play in a 9-team Region at Jackson County. I suppose all schools were not treated equally when this thing was drawn up.

Still the best I can tell Jackson County currently is 25th in a 24 team bracket. Battling for the last wildcard slots appear to be - with wins in (): Marion County (5), Silverdale (5), Dresden (5), White House Heritage (5) and Jackson County (4-the highest rated 4 win team). The way I have it figured four of those five will make it. That is assuming Tellico Plains and Watertown do not lose their last 2 which would put them back in the iffy catergory.

Jackson County plays Pickett County (1-7) and then faces Watertown (6-2) on the last night of the season in Gainesboro.

Please do not think I am being rude it's just my interpetation of what the TSSAA says. I guess we'll all find out Week #10.

Tssaa states that the top 2 in each region or district are gold qualifiers. Auto bids. Then if you finish in top half of your class you are a silver qualifier. Those also are auto bids. If 3 teams only one can qualify. 5 teams 2 qualify. In that case. But finishing one and two. Auto bid. 6 teams you get 3 and so on.

1A--In order to become playoff eligible the team has to finish 1st or 2nd in the final district standings. 2A--The team that finishes the highest in the final district standings becomes playoff eligible. If the two 2A schools finish 1st and 2nd in the final district standings both become playoff eligible

District Overall District Opponents

Team Class District W L Off Def W L Off Def Defeated To Play

Douglass (2A) A 16 2 0 60 12 4 4 129 174 Westwood,MAHS

Westwood (2A) A 16 1 1 64 14 1 7 96 185 MAHS

MAHS (1A) A 16 0 2 0 98 1 4 44 214

Thanks for the post Cascade, cleared some things up for me. I have the same 20 autos but you fixed me on some of the wildcards.

Jackson-if the two 2a district 16 teams come in 1st and second, they both get auto bids according to tssaa website. Happy birthday westwood....not fair...but thus is the tssaa

There are still some big "ifs" out there:

-I think wartburg vs. OC has statewide ramifications. Wartburg wins three from that district are in as well as 7 in the east which will bump someone out (probably in the west).

-Dresden vs WHH determine their own destiny...I think WHH will finish at 7-3 and go in the middle west bumping riverside into the west and dresden out.

More to come....

1A--In order to become playoff eligible the team has to finish 1st or 2nd in the final district standings. 2A--The team that finishes the highest in the final district standings becomes playoff eligible. If the two 2A schools finish 1st and 2nd in the final district standings both become playoff eligible

District Overall District Opponents

Team Class District W L Off Def W L Off Def Defeated To Play

Douglass (2A) A 16 2 0 60 12 4 4 129 174 Westwood,MAHS

Westwood (2A) A 16 1 1 64 14 1 7 96 185 MAHS

MAHS (1A) A 16 0 2 0 98 1 4 44 214

Thanks for the post Cascade, cleared some things up for me. I have the same 20 autos but you fixed me on some of the wildcards.

Jackson-if the two 2a district 16 teams come in 1st and second, they both get auto bids according to tssaa website. Happy birthday westwood....not fair...but thus is the tssaa

There are still some big "ifs" out there:

-I think wartburg vs. OC has statewide ramifications. Wartburg wins three from that district are in as well as 7 in the east which will bump someone out (probably in the west).

-Dresden vs WHH determine their own destiny...I think WHH will finish at 7-3 and go in the middle west bumping riverside into the west and dresden out.

More to come....

I agree with everything you stated. The Wesrwood situation is gonna have people calling for heads to roll. (And it should!). I don't see much changing with the Auto qualifiers once the last two are determined thru heads up play. The wildcards however will likely change each week until week ten is in the books. Whh, Dresden, MC, Riverside, and a few others won't know if their in or in some cases what Quad until then for sure. I think 104.5 is going to air the bracket drawings at 7:00 am on the Saturday following Week 10 games. Should be a March Madness atmosphere for some teams.