2A Playoff picture following week eight! (including seeding)

FridayMainEvent

Well a few things changed over the weekend. We now have 20 teams automatically qualified as of week eight. Two of those automatics are still up in the air. The Cosby/Unaka winner would get the automatic as the 2nd place finisher in District 1. The Oliver Springs/ Wartburg Central winner would qualify as the 2nd place finisher in District 4. Here are the Automatics, to date:

Hampton ***

Cosby/Unaka (winner) **

Tellico Plains *

Oneida ***

Oliver Springs/Wartburg Central (winner) **

Boyd Buchanan ***

Silverdale **

Signal Mountain **

Trousdale County ***

Friendship Christian **

Cascade ***

Forrest **

East Robertson **

Mt. Pleasant *

McKenzie ***

Humboldt **

Adamsville ***

Riverside **

Douglass ***

Westwood **

*** = Leading District

** = Second in District

* = Top half in class in District

(more stars means higher seed)

Wildcards if Oliver Springs wins:

1. Watertown

2. Rockwood

3. Marion County

4. Dresden

Wildcards if Wartburg wins:

1. Watertown

2. Rockwood

3. Oliver Springs

4. Marion County

Four VERY important games that could change wildcard drastically over the next two weeks:

Rockwood vs. Harriman

Oliver Springs vs. Wartburg

Cosby vs. Unaka

Marion County/ Lookout Valley

A look at current quads with Oliver Springs winning their game:

Quad 1

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Oliver Springs

4. Cosby/Oneida (winner

5. Tellico Plains

6. Rockwood

Quad 2

1. Trousdale County

2. Boyd Buchanan

3. Signal Mountain

4. Silverdale

5. Watertown

6. Marion County

Quad 3

1. Cascade

2. Frienship

3. Forrest

4. East Robertson

5. Mt. Pleasant

6. Riverside

Quad 4

1. McKenzie

2. Adamsville

3. Douglass

4. Humboldt

5. Westwood

6. Dresden

I seeded the quads putting district champs first, runner ups second, top half of District third, and wild cards last. In cases were two district champs or second places were in the same quad, I used the wild card qualifying chart. As I stated, lots can change in the next two weeks. Most notably is White House Heritage would move into the playoff picture if anyone stumbles based on the fact I feel they will win their remaining two games. If that happens, Friendship would likely get moved back East. Unless, WHH replaces Dresden as a wild card and then Riverside would get sent back West. It's gonna get interesting!

:flower:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck of a job ,Cascade11

Didn't it say somewhere that two teams from the same district couldn't play each other in the first round?? If that is the case, marion would swap with watertown, or silverdale would go to the six, because they are horrible I believe. I think that the state champion will come out of bracket two in the east for sure.

I think Silverdale would be ahead over Marion if they're runner up to Boyd-Buchanan in their district. Marion would be 3rd behind South Pittsburg and Signal Mountain. It's still confusing, and I've looked at it a lot. :flower: Signal and Marion couldn't play in the first round so I'd say if that's the order, Marion would go to Silverdale-a very winnable game.

Heck of a job ,Cascade11

Didn't it say somewhere that two teams from the same district couldn't play each other in the first round?? If that is the case, marion would swap with watertown, or silverdale would go to the six, because they are horrible I believe. I think that the state champion will come out of bracket two in the east for sure.

I think you are correct. I believe I heard that also. Did you notice any other matchups like that? I failed to factor that in. It all may be a mute point anyway. If Marion loses to Boyd this weekend I think it will be hard for them to get in anyway. That is one of the games I should of mentioned in my original post. I feel the twenty auto qualifiers I listed are fairly set, the wild cards can still change drastically though.

Oh, thanks for the complement, Pujo. Titans game got boring quick!....LOL

Heck of a job ,Cascade11

I think you are correct. I believe I heard that also. Did you notice any other matchups like that? I failed to factor that in. It all may be a mute point anyway. If Marion loses to Boyd this weekend I think it will be hard for them to get in anyway. That is one of the games I should of mentioned in my original post. I feel the twenty auto qualifiers I listed are fairly set, the wild cards can still change drastically though.

Oh, thanks for the complement, Pujo. Titans game got boring quick!....LOL

if thats the case, then Marion should have scheduled someone like Silverdale or another weak sister. Teams shouldn't be penalized for playing a good schedule, they shouldn't just go by record alone, although hard, they should factor in strength of schedule somehow.

cascade 11 white house heritage should easily get in if they win the remaining 2 games because you have watertown in and im almost positive watertown will lose this week to trousdale county and if it comes down to it they will both be 7-3 at the end of the season but watertown and whh played each other the first game of the season and whh won so they would win the tie breaker. either way i think whh will be in hopefully.

I think that's one or two methods down the list, your wins vs teams winning over .500 of the games, but the district finish is before it. For an example Sequatchie could depend on Whitwell and Marion's overall season records to help decide a home or away playoff game, from how I looked at it. For what it is, it seems to be a good balance of the different factors. Unless you go back to the old system of 3 classes, 16 districts and only 2 teams from a district make it, they had to use creative methods to figure out the teams.

cascade 11 white house heritage should easily get in if they win the remaining 2 games because you have watertown in and im almost positive watertown will lose this week to trousdale county and if it comes down to it they will both be 7-3 at the end of the season but watertown and whh played each other the first game of the season and whh won so they would win the tie breaker. either way i think whh will be in hopefully.

I think Heritage will get in also. Keep in mind I have them listed as things are "to date". Several things will likely happen the next couple of weeks to effect the wildcard teams and also a couple of the auto qualifiers.

I think that's one or two methods down the list, your wins vs teams winning over .500 of the games, but the district finish is before it. For an example Sequatchie could depend on Whitwell and Marion's overall season records to help decide a home or away playoff game, from how I looked at it. For what it is, it seems to be a good balance of the different factors. Unless you go back to the old system of 3 classes, 16 districts and only 2 teams from a district make it, they had to use creative methods to figure out the teams.

With the number one wild card decider being overall record, they are rewarding you for scheduling weak competition. Now if you happen to finish tied with the same overall record, a weak schedule will be the death of you. Personally, I prefer taking my chances and schedule stronger teams to get you playoff ready. If you take care of business in the district, overall record doesn't matter.

Well a few things changed over the weekend. We now have 20 teams automatically qualified as of week eight. Two of those automatics are still up in the air. The Cosby/Unaka winner would get the automatic as the 2nd place finisher in District 1. The Oliver Springs/ Wartburg Central winner would qualify as the 2nd place finisher in District 4. Here are the Automatics, to date:

Hampton ***

Cosby/Unaka (winner) **

Tellico Plains *

Oneida ***

Oliver Springs/Wartburg Central (winner) **

Boyd Buchanan ***

Silverdale **

Signal Mountain **

Trousdale County ***

Friendship Christian **

Cascade ***

Forrest **

East Robertson **

Mt. Pleasant *

McKenzie ***

Humboldt **

Adamsville ***

Riverside **

Douglass ***

Westwood **

*** = Leading District

** = Second in District

* = Top half in class in District

(more stars means higher seed)

Wildcards if Oliver Springs wins:

1. Watertown

2. Rockwood

3. Marion County

4. Dresden

Wildcards if Wartburg wins:

1. Watertown

2. Rockwood

3. Oliver Springs

4. Marion County

Four VERY important games that could change wildcard drastically over the next two weeks:

Rockwood vs. Harriman

Oliver Springs vs. Wartburg

Cosby vs. Unaka

Marion County/ Lookout Valley

A look at current quads with Oliver Springs winning their game:

Quad 1

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Oliver Springs

4. Cosby/Oneida (winner

5. Tellico Plains

6. Rockwood

Quad 2

1. Trousdale County

2. Boyd Buchanan

3. Signal Mountain

4. Silverdale

5. Watertown

6. Marion County

Quad 3

1. Cascade

2. Frienship

3. Forrest

4. East Robertson

5. Mt. Pleasant

6. Riverside

Quad 4

1. McKenzie

2. Adamsville

3. Douglass

4. Humboldt

5. Westwood

6. Dresden

I seeded the quads putting district champs first, runner ups second, top half of District third, and wild cards last. In cases were two district champs or second places were in the same quad, I used the wild card qualifying chart. As I stated, lots can change in the next two weeks. Most notably is White House Heritage would move into the playoff picture if anyone stumbles based on the fact I feel they will win their remaining two games. If that happens, Friendship would likely get moved back East. Unless, WHH replaces Dresden as a wild card and then Riverside would get sent back West. It's gonna get interesting!

:flower:

Great work but how does Riverside 6-2 second in their region go to quad 3 as a 6th seed if Dresden doesn't get in would that not put Riverside in quad 4 as a 3 seed?