District 7AA

PurpleGrad

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can always whine about the refs can't we....................that is the only reason yall lost, not because of turnovers, blown layups, missed free throws........

WHO'S YOUR DADDY SEQ?????? :):thumb:

I wrote they had plenty of blame themselves including in the last minute, plus they'd have had to make 2-2 FT to tie, not even win it as it would gone to overtime. If you'd not been so eager to throw out "who's your daddy" maybe you wouldn't have missed it.

If you were even there, do you think there was contact on the foul with a minute left, and do you think there was contact in the closing seconds? If the first was called with no contact do you believe there should have been one called no matter how few seconds remained, on the other end? I'm not looking for "if the ref doesn't call it, then it doesn't matter", what do you think?

As for "WHO'S YOUR DADDY SEQ??????". maybe given the offensive leaders for the purple team tonight the answer should be South Pittsburg, not Jasper.

:) Thata boy Indian..................tell'em.........If not for a slew of transfers them Jasper fellers wouldn't be good in anything, except buying and wearing Rose Colored glasses. :thumb:

I wrote they had plenty of blame themselves including in the last minute, plus they'd have had to make 2-2 FT to tie, not even win it as it would gone to overtime. If you'd not been so eager to throw out "who's your daddy" maybe you wouldn't have missed it.

If you were even there, do you think there was contact on the foul with a minute left, and do you think there was contact in the closing seconds? If the first was called with no contact do you believe there should have been one called no matter how few seconds remained, on the other end? I'm not looking for "if the ref doesn't call it, then it doesn't matter", what do you think?

As for "WHO'S YOUR DADDY SEQ??????". maybe given the offensive leaders for the purple team tonight the answer should be South Pittsburg, not Jasper.

:) Thata boy Indian..................tell'em.........If not for a slew of transfers them Jasper fellers wouldn't be good in anything, except buying and wearing Rose Colored glasses. :)

Yeah that a boy Indian, instead your becoming like OP and being good at being obnoxious and running your mouth... :thumb: and i would say that if anybody was wearing rose colored glasses this year OP, that you were amongst them... all the way to the end! Oh and nice adjustments during the game.. :thumb:

Grundy leads at 4-0, one win over each of their district opponents. Great first half.

Sequatchie won 49-26 vs Boyd-Buchanan. The first half was ragged to say the least. 5-5 after a quarter and Sequatchie led 14-11 at the half. Sequatchie began getting some separation midway through the third, 26-18 after three and blew open the game in the fourth, led by 20 not long into the fourth.

Leading scorers for Sequatchie were Cartwright, 13, Kilgore, 13. Derek Smith scored 8 and reserve Blake Smith had 8 all in the fourth.

Big J, I think what king Leon has called them are underacievers :roflol::flower:

:oops: Old Pirate is glad you Jasper fellers came out to play. Some folkes is goin to see some changes a coming in the acheivement areas real soon. Now as for the Pirates in 08 & 09, recon they did fall short and lose to the eventual state champs in the end. Which is underacheivement for the goal from day 1 is to win it all. A couple of things that makes SP different from most programs, 1. They will be back in the thick of the race for the next several years. 2. after beating Jasper 4 -N-A-Row figure thats "likely" to be considerbly more. Underacheive, thats what folkes feel after being ear holed 4 straight times by a far smaller school and "according" to some Jasper folkes can't spell their names. :)

Big J, I think what king Leon has called them are underacievers :roflol::roflol:

:roflol: Old Pirate is glad you Jasper fellers came out to play. Some folkes is goin to see some changes a coming in the acheivement areas real soon. Now as for the Pirates in 08 & 09, recon they did fall short and lose to the eventual state champs in the end. Which is underacheivement for the goal from day 1 is to win it all. A couple of things that makes SP different from most programs, 1. They will be back in the thick of the race for the next several years. 2. after beating Jasper 4 -N-A-Row figure thats "likely" to be considerbly more. Underacheive, thats what folkes feel after being ear holed 4 straight times by a far smaller school and "according" to some Jasper folkes can't spell their names. :roflol:

I have missed ruffling them old feathers for ya OP, glad to see that its still as easy as it always was. But anyway, congrats to the Pirates on a good season and I was there in Cookeville to support them. I was a little shocked to say the least that there weren't more adjustments up front on defense. That was a game that should have been won. Oh well, you are right the future looks bright for SP, but they have some huge holes to fill on both sides of the ball to even be as good as they were this year. So remember don't count your chickens before they hatch or we will be having this same conversation again next year.

The Living Legend enjoys watching young lads play the game but the best basketball in this area is usually played in Chattanooga. I enjoy watching alot of football games in the Sequatchie Valley but when it comes to round ball it's usually a safe bet to head east to see better games with better coaching and strategic manuevers by the living legend coaches in Chattanooga. I went and saw the young lads at Grace Academy play tonight and these young lads will be achieving legend status very soon. I might have to check out the young lads from Grundy when they come to Chattanooga to play to see if they are worthy of a legend such as myself giving them the time of day to watch them.