District 11AA

oakwood

studentsection1 yes CW has 7 seniors..one of which is a first year player at CW and another who played little minutes last year but has stepped and become a lock down defender this year....not sure cw212 is but they don't sound like they know alot about the game and as for football cw went undefeated in district play then lost in the first round of the playoffs but who cares bc this is a basketball thread.....as for Harpeth beating the pants off CW..i wouldn't count on that and btw CW has played the best in AA,AAA,AND some kentucky powerehouses and arkansas as well so cw has proved they can compete with the "better" teams in the state

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that Harpeth is "meshing" as a team... They are a young team that is starting to figure things out. When you have three to four Sophomores on the court at the same time and they complete against five upperclassmen and hold their own you have talent. The boys are learning that they do have the talent to complete, no matter how young the team is this year. They are learning the system and how it works. Crowe and Dansby are stepping up and taking on a leadership role, something that is needed for them to succeed. I wouldn't call it meshing, I would call it learning and maturing.

Not that I except Harpeth to pull off some miracle here at the end of the season, but it would not surprise me if they upset some folks down the stretch.

In regards to the Creek Wood fella running off at the mouth. Be careful what you spout off... it has a way of coming back and taking a big ole' bite out of your butt! There are bigger fish that you'll have to get past in the Region. I wouldn't start clearing off the trophy case just yet!

wasn't clearing out the trophy case i was just answering to people's thoughtsand comments that CW hasn't played any good teams..not only has CW played with them they've competed and won against some top notch ball clubs..and i back up redhawk1 in that cw212 should stick to football bc basketball is not his expertise and his opinion isn't in check with that of the CW ball club

Here is my take on Creekwood. They are a team that plays team ball and plays well together. In my opinion nobody on this team has a bad attitude or displays any bad sprotsmanship towards other teams or their own coaches. I do think they have some guys that play with fire and passion and a love for the game and if you can't handle that then you need to stay at home and play dolls!!! I know several of these kids personally and I can tell you that you won't find a better group guys both on and off the court. You can't coach a player to have some passion in his or her game they either have it or they don't. I know that if someone who cares about how they play the game expresses themself it can sometimes come across as a "bad attitude" but I can guarantee you that person is usually more concerened with what they did wrong vs the other player. And as for some of you thinking that Hynmdan has no respect for his coaches you are dead wrong. First of all, one of them happens to be his dad and I can promise you if his dad EVER seen him disrespect anyone he would pick his teeth up in the next county!! Creekwood has a good inside game with Hyndman and Dotson and when the guards play well they will be tough to beat anyday of the week. Guard play is crucial with this bunch and when they play really well the whole team plays even better. Clements has stepped up and been huge on the offensive end of the court and takes off some pressure on the inside game. Crowe has played great this year and has been running this team well on the court and he also has made shots when needed. Deason is a lockdown defender for sure and can get up in the grill of other teams and turn them over. So, do I think this team has been challanged this year? Maybe not as much as in the past few years but I do feel like they are a more complete team than the last few years. If they play their game and continue to play team ball they could go as far as they want to. I feel like guard play is huge for this team because as long as they play the way they have been playing it makes it harder for teams to guard them defensivly. If they hit shots outside it forces team to come out and guard them more which opens up the paint even more. The two bigs will take the ball to the basket and play aggressive ball because that is what they are coached to do. So either go hard or go home and if you can't handle it then stay at home!!!!!!

Waverly-Camden (x2)

Waverly-Stewart

Montgomery Central-Harpeth

Montgomery Central-Creek Wood

All of these are games that are going to have to be made up due to cancellations over the weekend and tonight. With just a week and a half remaining in the regular season it will be interesting to see how the district goes about re-scheduling these games or maybe even re-scheduling the district tournament.

Waverly hosts Camden Wednesday at 3:00 PM and I've heard that they will make up the game at Camden Saturday night in Camden.

The Montgomery Central @ Harpeth game has been rescheduled for Thursday night February 4th.

Thanks papatiger!!! Let me know if you find out when the Stewart County-Waverly game is rescheduled for.

If anyone knows when the Creek Wood @ Montgomery Central game is rescheduled for that information would be very useful as well.