Hampton vs Happy Valley. Here we go!

Dawgfan88

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I wonder about is ,can Happy Valley still make the playoffs. I think they might still have a shot at a wildcard, the game they need is probably against Johnson CO. Both may be important.

Regardless, it should be a good game, I think if Hampton can somehow win their last 2, they could have homefield at least the first 3 game of the playoffs. I'd say thats worth playing for.

If Hampton plays mistake free football: I'm talking no turnovers and under 5 penalties, then they win 35-21. HV is a great team but they cannot match Hampton up front. They should be able to run the ball at will. Now stopping HV is a different story. I don't think Hampton will be able to do it consistently, but they will get enough stops and win the shootout.

If Hampton plays mistake free football: I'm talking no turnovers and under 5 penalties, then they win 35-21. HV is a great team but they cannot match Hampton up front. They should be able to run the ball at will. Now stopping HV is a different story. I don't think Hampton will be able to do it consistently, but they will get enough stops and win the shootout.

no offense or anything but no team can play a perfect game if a team could go without turnovers a whole game they would probably win anyways i think it'll be a great game i say it'll be within a touchdown maybe 20-14 hv win or vice-versa

I doubt either team will be able to play a perfect game, Hampton should be the favorite ,but not automatic by any means. Hampton just needs to keep the mistakes down. From the sound of Friday's paper, blocking might be at a premium this week. Can't play football without blocking.Should be a great game.

The thing I wonder about is ,can Happy Valley still make the playoffs. I think they might still have a shot at a wildcard, the game they need is probably against Johnson CO. Both may be important.

Regardless, it should be a good game, I think if Hampton can somehow win their last 2, they could have homefield at least the first 3 game of the playoffs. I'd say thats worth playing for.

Happy Valley can make the playoffs:

If they win their last two, they are more than likely in as a wildcard.

If they win 1 of 2, their chances are good to get in as a wildcard.

If they lose their last two, their chances are slim to none.

Happy Valley can make the playoffs:

If they win their last two, they are more than likely in as a wildcard.

If they win 1 of 2, their chances are good to get in as a wildcard.

If they lose their last two, their chances are slim to none.

In that case,we could have all 5 Carter Co teams get in. Thats if Unaka beats Cosby.

As far as Happy Valley goes, they could win or lose both games. Neither one will be a cakewalk.

HV has a big playmaker with WR #7. He got the best of Morgan on a touchdown pass against Cloudland. #5 runs the ball hard with bursts of speed. They really couldn't run between the tackles against Cloudland and I don't think they will against Hampton either. I think Hampton will get enough defensive stops to win the game. They will have to control the line of scrimmage and stop the run then pressure the QB on third and longs. Field position might play a factor as well.

Well ive gotta take my DAWGS in this one like always,my prediction may seem a little high but i look for the D to step up big and make some turnovers this week,an interception is def due for the DAWGS..... DAWGS-41 HV-20

BDF36, I really kike you're optimism and like the score. Just don't think it will be that easy. Hampton is a good team and I've got alot of faith in um,but I just think our opponent is pretty good themselves. You just never know how the penalty and turnover thing might go.The good thing for Hampton is they are healthy and should be at full strength. Don't know anything about the injury situation at Happy Valley. My score would be more like 28 to 21 Hampton.I'd take a 1 point win at this stage. This game is big for Hampton and the homefield thing in the playoffs. Could be a little extra motivation this week.