Whitehaven Ninth Grade West Tennessee State Champs

dannyq

Ummm...next year, let the rest of West Tennessee know that you are having some kind of playoff...beauty contest...take home test or whatever!! This way, maybe we in Paris can actually play teams that are true to their word...and not play teams that call us on the day of the game to inform the coaches of their plans to cancel the game! Think this doesn't routinely happen?...ask JCM, McKenzie, Obion County and Humboldt. All of these 4 have cancelled 9th grade games this season!...none due to weather! Most do it on THURSDAY MORNING..the day of the game! At least Obion County didn't wait til the day of the game....gee thanks Rebels!

Whitehaven...let Henry County know next year...i'm sure they'd love to play!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitehaven defeated Covington 18-6 to become the first ever ninth grade state champs.

This is great news. I'll notify the TSSAA and all the other undefeated 9th grade teams that you guys have already won the state championship. It would of been more fair tough if you had let everybody know you were having a playoff. :thumb:

I believe Mt Juliet's undefeated freshmen would have loved a shot at that also.

I'm still laughing about West Tennessee being a state, then how it contridicts itself and says that it is the WESTERN TN state champs...which means...who the heck knows what it means.

And if they are state champs I find it funny that.... there are still a bunch of 9th grade teams that are playing games. You know...this thread isn't fail. This thread is hilarious!

heck I didn't know there were other undefeated ninth grade teams. Why would they not have every one in the area participate if they were going to call it a state championship?

Arlington was undefeated until tonight. Freaking weather...

Comedy!!!.... The weather was the same for both teams. Please don't use that same excuse next Friday night when the Varsity teams play!.....

Go Trojans!

heck I didn't know there were other undefeated ninth grade teams. Why would they not have every one in the area participate if they were going to call it a state championship?

Arlington was undefeated until tonight. Freaking weather...

Comedy!!!.... The weather was the same for both teams. Please don't use that same excuse next Friday night when the Varsity teams play!.....

Go Trojans!

It wasn't an excuse. I said this in another thread. Millington played a great game, and their offense happened to be more fitting in the windy, rainy conditions.

Ummm...next year, let the rest of West Tennessee know that you are having some kind of playoff...beauty contest...take home test or whatever!! This way, maybe we in Paris can actually play teams that are true to their word...and not play teams that call us on the day of the game to inform the coaches of their plans to cancel the game! Think this doesn't routinely happen?...ask JCM, McKenzie, Obion County and Humboldt. All of these 4 have cancelled 9th grade games this season!...none due to weather! Most do it on THURSDAY MORNING..the day of the game! At least Obion County didn't wait til the day of the game....gee thanks Rebels!

Whitehaven...let Henry County know next year...i'm sure they'd love to play!

This has been a problem as long as there has been freshman/JV football.

My freshman year a team called the AFTERNOON of the game and said "You beat team X, we lost to them by 40, we're not wasting our money driving there."

Maybe we can pave a few roads for Arkansas so they will annex West Tennessee. :thumb:

State Champs? Give me a break.

Did your coach call everyone else who is undefeated and say, "We are having a tournament tonight and you guys are in". HA HA HA HA :D

Didn't think I was being ignorant but I guess I was, but we played a full schedule and finished 8-0 with Wins over MUS, St.Benidict, Ridgeway and others. We beat Covington in the championship game. Did any of you guys play Covington. I am sure that any team that would like to schedule a game we would be more than happy to play. I can understand how dumb it sounded but I had know idea that other schools were excluded.

Maybe we can pave a few roads for Arkansas so they will annex West Tennessee. :thumb:

Did your coach call everyone else who is undefeated and say, "We are having a tournament tonight and you guys are in". HA HA HA HA :D

Didn't think I was being ignorant but I guess I was, but we played a full schedule and finished 8-0 with Wins over MUS, St.Benidict, Ridgeway and others. We beat Covington in the championship game. Did any of you guys play Covington. I am sure that any team that would like to schedule a game we would be more than happy to play. I can understand how dumb it sounded but I had know idea that other schools were excluded.

Theres at least 10, 9th grade teams in middle and east tn. that Whithaven couldn't even score on. :D

We are just giving you a hard time.