Greeneville at Claiborne???

DevilMan03

When you are good you don't have to tell folks they already know. The simple truth is you don't know if you are good or not every team you have played that was worth a dang you lost to, unless you want to count jeff county lets see what is their record? umm 4-5 nah wouldn't say they are particularly good either. you won't find out this week either, i guess we will see in the playoffs.

Yeah well I'd rather lose a close one to ranked Sullivan South than roll over some winless 1a team....at least we can say we've been tested by the best.

Teams i follow don't play 1a teams so i know not who you speak of, it must be some of your conference teams schedule.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the original question...Claiborne's passing game is average at best. They are a run 1st team. The qb is pretty agile though and when he goes back to pass, if no one is open he will take off. And for the record...i am not one of the bitter one's. Just stating the facts. Good luck to both teams.

Veerman....both our Claiborne teams won last week congrats to both....I don't think veerman is a bitter Gap fan....but there are some on both sides. I played roundball for CCHS, the Valley was always a tough competitive game....I know the players at least always had much respect for each other and I later became very good friends with some from the Valley.

Back to the question I'd say Veerman is right on the money....the night I saw Claiborne vs Grainger they did not have to throw much, but were very effective when they did. The QB Malone I believe is his name is small but very mobile and although it didn't look like he a big arm it was an accurate one. From the game I saw the Fuson kid (RB) can play....IMO he could play for just about anybody in East Tennessee....great vision very quick....of course he's gotta have blockers and it is harder to gauge them but he had some holes. Grainger ain't Greeneville, just ask any Devil fan they will be more than happy to point that out, and it would be a big upset for Claiborne to win but that is why they play them. Hopefully both teams will come out of the game injury free and represent the conference well in the playoffs.

When you are good you don't have to tell folks they already know. The simple truth is you don't know if you are good or not every team you have played that was worth a dang you lost to, unless you want to count jeff county lets see what is their record? umm 4-5 nah wouldn't say they are particularly good either. you won't find out this week either, i guess we will see in the playoffs.

Yeah well I'd rather lose a close one to ranked Sullivan South than roll over some winless 1a team....at least we can say we've been tested by the best.

Teams i follow don't play 1a teams so i know not who you speak of, it must be some of your conference teams schedule.

Our conference is what it is, it was the same when we were in the good 'ol 5 rivers except then we were playing schools much bigger. We heard the same thing then....well its a weak conference...oh well, we're gonna catch crap from the peanut gallery either way so why not take the path of least resistance. At least we know if we get knocked around in the play-offs it won't be because we were up against a bigger school with an unlimited talent pool.

well, i thought u knew everything bout football there bobcatstatechamps but i guess u dont, cumberland gap will be in the playoffs just like claiborne will be there buddy :lol:

This is off the subject...CG72

Just wondering how Shipley is getting along with his injury? Hope he is doing well. Tell him a Rebel friend was asking about him.

he is doing just fine, had the surgery wed and everything went well, thanks for askin :lol:

I'm so glad to hear the cumberland crap admit we let you come back!! Because we did, if the field would have been dry we would have hung half hundred on you before half time. Maybe the bulldogs will get beat? Maybe they won't? What does matter is next week when the playoffs start your mighty panthers will be watching while the bulldogs will be playing. If you won't ole 72 I will leave a ticket for you at the gate. How you like them apples!!! :blink:

Won't have time for your "apples" the Gap and West Greene are playoff locks, we don't even have to win at Grainger...we're in. The TSSAA website is free....RESEARCH, before you spout off.

Enjoy your play-off game might be a while before you see another. Only the top 2 4A teams from the BRC go and Claiborne will never match Greeneville and pray that Grainger doesn't get the ship righted, afterall the Mighty Bulldogs are a robust 2-6 against Grainger over the last 8 attempts.

A question for our Claiborne hosts and friends. Where is a good place to eat, steak chain or even a privately owned place. Looking forward to visiting your community and stadium. I believe it will be a great atmosphere regardless of the score and that is up to the players.

Tazewell is a wide spot in the road compared to Greeneville....no steak chains, but plenty of fast foods. If you want a good sit down meal I would suggest The Old Town Grill....for some thing quick you can't beat The Frostee Freeze, best burgers and banana splits in East Tennessee. Both are located on the main drag before you get to the school. The Claiborne stadium is new and pretty nice for a small country school but it doesn't seat that many nor does it have field turf like Greeneville or Burke-Toney. Hope that helps....have a safe trip.

Thank you so much barb, that was truly beautiful and at the same time so very true. I have newspapers from when Brigham Lyons went head to head against James "Littleman" Stewart that my brother saved and handed down to me, a highlight video of Dustin Moore's career in my VHS collection, a autographed Frankie DeBusk Fuman poster in my closet at home, and most important of all, my jersey with my name on it hanging in front of that poster. When you wear the green and white you're more than just a football player, you're a hero to tons of little kids across town who looked foward to coming to see you play under the Friday night lights in the fall. It's more than a commitment to a team it's an oath to uphold a tradition and preserve what to me is a legacy. Some may say it's just high school football, but to me high school football is a way of life as well as all the other seasonal sports.

Greene County is a much better community as a whole because of high school athletics. I couldn't ever imagine not opening the Saturday newspaper with out grabing the sports section out first thing to check the local scores. Our local highschool athletics/extracuricular groups (and other competitive groups; shout out to the band and the cheerleaders, dance team, even the chess club, haha etc.) contribute alot more around here than what most people realize. It's a small town, we live in small town USA. It's ok...there is nothing wrong with that, I think we should be thankful for it.

Thank you so much barb, that was truly beautiful and at the same time so very true. I have newspapers from when Brigham Lyons went head to head against James "Littleman" Stewart that my brother saved and handed down to me, a highlight video of Dustin Moore's career in my VHS collection, a autographed Frankie DeBusk Fuman poster in my closet at home, and most important of all, my jersey with my name on it hanging in front of that poster. When you wear the green and white you're more than just a football player, you're a hero to tons of little kids across town who looked foward to coming to see you play under the Friday night lights in the fall. It's more than a commitment to a team it's an oath to uphold a tradition and preserve what to me is a legacy. Some may say it's just high school football, but to me high school football is a way of life as well as all the other seasonal sports.

Greene County is a much better community as a whole because of high school athletics. I couldn't ever imagine not opening the Saturday newspaper with out grabing the sports section out first thing to check the local scores. Our local highschool athletics/extracuricular groups (and other competitive groups; shout out to the band and the cheerleaders, dance team, even the chess club, haha etc.) contribute alot more around here than what most people realize. It's a small town, we live in small town USA. It's ok...there is nothing wrong with that, I think we should be thankful for it.

Great post....there is nothing like high school sports....each year when the night air gets that little nip it just feels like high school football....nothing beats that atmosphere IMO.