Arlington Vs. Millington

onefortheteam

Im going to go out on a limb and say the weather will not affect the outcome of the game. Looking back, how many Friday Nights this year have been dry? Not many! Arlington has played in wet conditions and I am almost positive they got some work in on tuesday outside in the rain. The Arlington coaches will have these young men prepared and ready for whatever weather is ahead!

No disrespect to the Millington people at all! They have a great ball team and I know Coach Hawkins will have them ready to try and make a statement in Week 10! I hate predictions and will probably fall on my face with this one BUT........ I SAY ARLINGTON 35-10......

lilcoach, are you saying that with even with the rain and mud that Millingtons defense is that weak that Arlington will score 35 points? That is pretty strong!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to go out on a limb and say the weather will not affect the outcome of the game. Looking back, how many Friday Nights this year have been dry? Not many! Arlington has played in wet conditions and I am almost positive they got some work in on tuesday outside in the rain. The Arlington coaches will have these young men prepared and ready for whatever weather is ahead!

No disrespect to the Millington people at all! They have a great ball team and I know Coach Hawkins will have them ready to try and make a statement in Week 10! I hate predictions and will probably fall on my face with this one BUT........ I SAY ARLINGTON 35-10......

lilcoach, are you saying that with even with the rain and mud that Millingtons defense is that weak that Arlington will score 35 points? That is pretty strong!!!

Arlington may very well win... But, I seriously doubt that they will score 35pts. Millington's D has been playing too well for that to happen!

Go Trojans!!

Doug,

Get your printer!!!!! Here is another one to print out!!!! :flower:

Thanks ATeam, but you are a little late already mission accomplished, :thumb: thanks for looking out.

It is just 9:00am and it has already rain enoungh that the players will need arm floaties just to keep from drowning. I don't think it is finished raining. Unfortunately the fans probably won't come out and watch in this kinda of weather. This is going to be some kinda of ulgy, maybe they should just determine the winner by who fumbles the least, Whose uniforms are the muddiest who knows it is just not going to be pretty. Millingtons backs will have difficulty cutting and so will Arlington receivers, I am so tired of the rain this month.

Good Luck Trojans, i am bringing my snorkle and Life Guard certification in case i am need for a deep water rescue. lol

Thanks ATeam, but you are a little late already mission accomplished, :D thanks for looking out.

No problem dou. Hope it helped. Heck, I'm available in the future to pick against the Trojans whenever you need help getting them motivated for a nominal fee.....popcorn! :thumb:

Remember dou, I am a fan of the Trojans and all the teams around here. I just pickem as I see them.

Good luck tonight and prove me wrong!

Thanks ATeam, but you are a little late already mission accomplished, :D thanks for looking out.

No problem dou. Hope it helped. Heck, I'm available in the future to pick against the Trojans whenever you need help getting them motivated for a nominal fee.....popcorn! :thumb:

Remember dou, I am a fan of the Trojans and all the teams around here. I just pickem as I see them.

Good luck tonight and prove me wrong!

Hope so, will be a tough one.

Straying a bit...Going out on a limb and giving the win to Bartlett. Think that C'mont makes too many mistakes...If they get by here though, look for a short playoff stint...No way a team that makes as many errors as the Chiefs gets very far!

This comes from the same person who said Millington's "region dominance continues" in predicting the Millington/Craigmont game. I also recall asking you what game you were referring to when you talked about our "zillion" mistakes in the Arlington/Craigmont game topic and never got a response. Yeah, mistakes are made on the football field but name me a team that plays mistake free football. These are high school kids after all and they will make mistakes from time to time. All that being said, I would really appreciate it if people would refrain from trashing other teams on here instead of just saying something like "well this team does this well and that team does that well." Is it possible to do that???

Barltett 28-Craigmont 0 Nobody was trashing anyone...Just making observations.

Missed the boat on the Craigmont game..not by much though...Remember I said it would be very close and you can't get much closer than it was. Understand, not trashing or downing C'mont. Just know that they have some problem areas that will bite you in the butt if you're not lucky. (ex. long snapper needs work..bounced 3 on the ground against Arlington..you have a solid punter and pretty good placekicker..however, this is to no avail if snaps are poor..multiple penalties. encroachment, false starts, not getting 11 on the field in punting situations, kickoff return, punt return, and illegal substitution are things that you can't have against good teams and expect to be successful. I certainly hope that ya'll can put things together and have a solid playoff run. You have some fine athletes..just don't beat yourselves.

Did anyone else hear Hawkins on the radio afterwards? He said that Millington should have been up 14-0 and it never should have been a game. Ha! Does he coach in hypothetical terms too? Maybe that's the problem over there...all that talent year after year and can't do anything with it.

Since Hawkins wants to play the IF game, it never could have been 14-0 in favor of Millington because Arlington missed a FG on their first possession. If they had hit that FG...If the field would have been dry...If Arlington's QB could have gripped the ball...