AC at Clinton

thekidd0086

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Dragons in the win over OR. My even money call was awfully close. I heard Clinton either blocked or OR otherwise missed two FG's. Anyhow, the OR win legitimizes Clinton in case there were still any naysayers. AC is going to have to bring its A game to compete. The defense will be challenged by the run and the pass.

What happened to Hazelhurst?

I've seen both of these teams play, and I don't think it would surprise anyone to say that this will be the biggest challenge AC has faced yet. They've got a big offense, but I just don't know if they're defense is up to the task. Sounds like Clinton had a solid showing tonight against OR, but I just wonder if they can carry that into the tenth week... mathematics definitely do not favor chances of an undefeated season. I say whoever can score the most points by the end of the fourth quarter will likely win. :roflol:

Weston's Dad said as of right now he will play with a brace on Thrusday. They will know more tomorrow but looks really good as of right now

I would wait and see how Weston's leg feels tomorrow or sunday before i would say if he is playing or not. He might need to sit out this week, so he would be ready for the playoffs. I just wouldnt want him to come back too early and risk hurting it worse than it already might be. Weston is a tough kid and im sure he will want to play if they would let him.

Should be another great football game Thursday night.. Both teams our on a short week so we will see how that plays out. This is tougher on Clinton because they played a war against OR an AC cruised against HV. But got a feeling Clinton will be ready, they know they win they win the district out right, and Anderson County Champs for the first time since 1997. O and Clinton has not beat AC since 1999, cant believe that, props to AC on that. The secondary will have to play big for Clinton and a great game plan for Wilson will be key, he killed them last year and could do it again if they play him straight up.. Also Clinton's d line will have to pressure there QB. good QB but not as good when he is getting heat. I think Clinton will score on their D, sorry they haven't impressed me this season, but Clinton's D will have to play big like they did last night or AC will score points.. Cant wait to watch this one, Good luck to both teams.

"The Clinch River Shootout" is here, and it should be all that is advertised. I feel Clinton should have the big advantage with their running game. Even if Hazelhurst is unable to go the Powell kid is more than capable of ringing up the Mavs for a big night. I feel this game will be similar to last year in the way points are run up on the scoreboard. I just don't believe the AC defensive line will be able to stop the run or pressure Stone, which will end by giving the Dragons a couple of extra scores. Clinton 40 AC 28. Yes Clinton will miss a couple of Extra Points.

I know this is off topic, but word is that Clinton will have to forfeit the Halls game due to an ineligible player. Has anybody else heard that? I hope that is not the case, I really would like Clinton to be undefeated going into the post season(providing they take care of business against Anderson County). They have a great team and I would hate to see them take a forfeit for somebody else's mistake.

i feel like clinton left alot of points on the field last night particularly patrick who had several key drops, which is weird since hes been so great all year. chapman was huge, big catches all night. if weston is healthy thus one will be ugly, dragons-42-21. get well soon weston, we're gonna need ya buddy, and z dub if your readin this great job last night loved the intensity lol.