AC at Clinton

thekidd0086

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i called the game back on Monday or Tuesday... ACs star receiver was shut down by the best athlete on the field Mr. Stone, I think he had 2 catches and he lack of physicality really showed throughout the game, and Clinton's D forced 8 turnovers if you count turnovers on downs.. Number 22 is a fine player for AC but he runs that mouth a whole lot.. AC just looked over matched at times, and the FRESHMAN for Clinton killed AC's secondary... I really thought Clinton was just the better football team without #2 and he will be back sometime during the play-offs.... AC=Dominated, Go dragons.. unbeaten.... and maximus the game was well officiated I'm sorry but thats just a cop out for your mavs getting beat in all phases of the game... it happens sometimes just deal with it...

Not from what I heard last night from someone who knows of what he speaks. What a great kid and fine football player, but I'd be surprised if he plays.

Weston is to be evaluated next Thursday and Friday. He may very well dress next week and be available if it were an emergency. He WILL play in the 2nd round game if needed. Coaching staff may choose to keep him out until 3rd round depending on the matchup. CONSIDER THIS OFFICIAL HE CAN PLAY IN 2ND ROUND.

a few points that i took from the game:

1. its a shame that this game had to be played on that field...i would have loved to see it on a fast track!

2. stone has a rocket for an arm

3. c. patrick will be a stud

4. it looked as if one of ac's players looked scared to get dirty

5. blakely was great and showed no signs of a so-called temper

6. clean, hard fought game

7. i thought ac outplayed clinton but turnovers, obviously, killed them. clinton did a great job forcing them and taking advantage of them.

8. did the clock keeper have his hand in shattuck's pocket or on the timer???? just asking.

9. why has nobody mentioned ac playing without mccoy?

congrats to clinton on a "10-0" season, and

good luck to both teams in the playoffs

AC out played Clinton huh... O B) Don't know what game you were watching do make a stupid comment like that, you must have been talking about your game against Hardin Valley last week :thumb: No Clinton out played AC in every phase, and Clinton was forcing all the turnovers by playing smart defense and making football plays... I'm sorry but Wilson did absolutely nothing in this game, it was clear he wasn't even the best player on AC's team and def. not the best player on the field... talent is a good thing to have, but i don't see him having much success if he ends up going big based on his height and speed... He acted like he didn't wanna be there, and he loves to take plays off when the ball is not coming to him, Cant believe the coaches actually put up with that.. It was very obvious that Stone was by far the best player on the field, and sorry AC but 6 is a freshman so three more years of dealing with him, get ready for that.... :D

AC out played Clinton huh... O :lol: Don't know what game you were watching do make a stupid comment like that, you must have been talking about your game against Hardin Valley last week :roflol: No Clinton out played AC in every phase, and Clinton was forcing all the turnovers by playing smart defense and making football plays... I'm sorry but Wilson did absolutely nothing in this game, it was clear he wasn't even the best player on AC's team and def. not the best player on the field... talent is a good thing to have, but i don't see him having much success if he ends up going big based on his height and speed... He acted like he didn't wanna be there, and he loves to take plays off when the ball is not coming to him, Cant believe the coaches actually put up with that.. It was very obvious that Stone was by far the best player on the field, and sorry AC but 6 is a freshman so three more years of dealing with him, get ready for that.... :roflol:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I watched this game from start to finish. I'm sorry, but neither team outplayed the other. Take away just one of two of those turnovers, and the outcome likely would have gone either way. Give Clinton credit for forcing those turnovers and taking advantage of them. Darian Stone was clearly the player of this game, but I don't know how you can look at the entire 48 minutes and say that Clinton "out played AC in every phase." I just didn't see that. Clinton dominated the turnover battle, and that's about it. It was a great game, and congratulations to the Dragons on an undefeated regular season.

I'm anxious to watch Clinton again in a couple of weeks. Whoever the Dragons host next week shouldn't be better than Anderson County, so I hope that Hazelhurst gets another week off before he tries to give it a go in the playoffs. I still don't think that this team can go all the way without Hazelhurst. The Dragons can't have a repeat of what happened to him in the Clinton-Powell game last year (came back too soon from his collarbone injury).

It will also be interesting to see how the field at Clinton holds up over the next couple of weeks. I have to imagine that muddy conditions would be detrimental to Clinton's offensive attack in the playoffs.

and maximus the game was well officiated I'm sorry but thats just a cop out for your mavs getting beat in all phases of the game... it happens sometimes just deal with it...

I didn't blame the loss on officiating. BUT, did you think offensive pass interference was the correct call? Did you think when AC was penalized for illegal participation that it was stepped off correctly? Did you think that the clock was operated correctly at the end of the first half? Did you think that the simultaneous 5 yard facemask attributed to Clinton and the PF attributed to AC were the correct calls and even if so that they were marked off correctly? Did you think that on a spot foul the penalty is assessed from where the play ends?

Again, I can't and won't say that these officiating lapses caused AC to lose, and I really mean that.

However, I do think that Clinton should be a tad concerned if WH doesn't actually get to come back or even if he does if he's not really healthy. The reason is that AC was pretty even with Clinton on the night despite SIX turnovers. Now, if Clinton can make everybody in the playoffs turn the ball over 6 times, they'll be fine. But that might not always happen.

Now, again, congratulations to Clinton. And I mean that too.

ILL give you the clock, believe me we know the feeling its happened to us before this season, and i thought they got the calls right all night, yes it was offensive PI, the receiver was trying to save your QB from throwing his 5th pick and pushed down our safety before he could pick it off. We will be fine with or without Hazelhurst, i truly believe that and I make this claim based off this fact.. I don't feel we will see a defense that can stop both aspects of our offense... some teams will stop our running game, AC did a great job of that last night, but when u focus on the run, our passing game will kill you an Stones throwing has been overlooked all season... if you put 6 in coverage and try and stop the pass, our running game will be there i grantee that... AC the way its looking you guys could be playing Catholic High in the first round at your place... I know you guys want a piece of them considering they cost you guys a chance last season to go to the State Champion ship an u should have beaten them.. The winner will get us in the 2nd round.. would love to play AC again but I dont know if you can beat Catholic if thats you end up playing, they are a coach away from being unbeaten and there OLine is huge. Better get ready