Blackman Blaze vs Riverdale Warriors @ The Reservation

StorkMontgomery

Oakland plays Mt Juliet.

Riverdale plays Coffee County.

Blackman plays Mcgavok

Tough game for Oakland

yeah, it stinks to draw MJ when they are so hot right now. But they did lose to Beech in OT. We bounced back from our two OT losses, so I guess we will see if they can too. I think you have to give the nod to OHS though b/c we have played a tougher schedule and have the experience last yr in going all the way. I do respect Coach Perry and his preparation and his disciplined teams in yrs past. It will be a barnburner. Guess we will get to see this showstopper stadium of theirs now.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew Coach A would go for two as soon as it went to OT. He did it before and won....this time it didn't happen. I think had they kicked it, you took a chance that it could have gone to about 5 OT's. I think even now he stands behind his call.

Anyone that questions the call should have been standing on that sideline with rain pouring down your face and asking your kids if they can get the two and hearing them SHOUT.....GO FOR IT COACH......We can get it done. You never call something like that unless your players have faith in the call. You can bet Cody West gave Coach A the heads-up that they could do it. Ask any coach around......most would say they would have gone for the win too in those weather conditions.

You are right about that 2p. When you do that as a coach it shows you believe in the your team! Coach A has done a great job and i'm proud he's our Coach! :thumb:

You are right about that 2p. When you do that as a coach it shows you believe in the your team! Coach A has done a great job and i'm proud he's our Coach! :thumb:

I listened to Coach A yesterday on the radio before the game. The guy is a class act. He gave so much credit to his players and his staff. Riverdale should be proud of him and these kids. They played their hearts out last night and handled the tough loss with class. That comes from the top......

best part is they aren't out.

OK, first things first. Congratulations Blackman! :evil:

Now secondly, we as R'dale need to act like we have lost before.

Third, Blackman act like you HAVE won before.

As to warrior82dad I do not know if he was there or not because I was not there. I have an appointment at St Thomas Tuesday and was not allowed to attend.

Will Coach A be second guessed about going for two? Yes, but it will not be me doing it as he was there and was able to look into the eyes of his players to see if they could do it.

The only thing we can do now is play the best we can in hopes for a second shot at Blackman in better weather.

Well, I was there and as I said, I would be there to shake hands with the winners, but not surprizing no one showed up. I was right there in the 17th row at the 50 yard line and no one on either side of the ball came by. I guess its easy to hide behind a screen instead of having a real debate face to face. Now, as for the game. it is ashamed that both teams had to play in that mess. We didnt see either team at there best. I give Coach A all the credit in the world for making the hardest call in high school football. He is a winner in my book. So, Blackman, you can live with fumbling your way into the district championship and we can live with giving it our all!!! Maybe we will meet again on a dry field.... Congrates to coach Shad..he is the class of Blackman.

Should I dare say it again?

Then that makes Coach Shad smater than I thought!

Nah, your original post just shows you don't know what you are talking about.

randy...this kind of talk is such a waste of time...talk about the game (there's alot to talk about)...not the schedule...are you kidding me???...it is week 10 now...not week 4 when we had not played anyone tough and at that time folks really did not know what we had if anything...but we have played Riverdale, Oakland, Brentwood -3 top 10 teams in the state and beat 2 or those! We beat, as you already know, a very good smyrna team and a very good siegel team...keep working on your stats and who will play who, etc...you're pretty good at that...and quit whinning over blackman's schedule!

The sweet taste of Victory is way mo betta than sour grapes. You lost, get over it, move on. Geeeez!

Excuse me, my team hasn't lost since week 4 and beat Blackman :blush:

Now dat don't make no sense! So you whinning for somebody else? Bokay!

All I was saying was Riverdale and Oakland both played a tougher schedule, no doubt. Blackman got what they wanted, and that's fine, but as I look at Quad 2, I think Oakland came out the winner after all.

Just a little heads-up, coach and I wil be conducting a "how to schedule your way into a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP" clinic after the season and recuiting visits and making the Murfreesboro party circut is over. The clinic will be free of charge. So all the haters can go down to the free clinic after the season is over and maybe that will help with the pain of watching Blackman win the DISRTICT CHAMPIONSHIP!

WE ARE BLACKMAN! and you can go to the free clinic.

We'll see if that schedule has you playoff ready......

Should I dare say it again?

Then that makes Coach Shad smater than I thought!

Nah, your original post just shows you don't know what you are talking about.

randy...this kind of talk is such a waste of time...talk about the game (there's alot to talk about)...not the schedule...are you kidding me???...it is week 10 now...not week 4 when we had not played anyone tough and at that time folks really did not know what we had if anything...but we have played Riverdale, Oakland, Brentwood -3 top 10 teams in the state and beat 2 or those! We beat, as you already know, a very good smyrna team and a very good siegel team...keep working on your stats and who will play who, etc...you're pretty good at that...and quit whinning over blackman's schedule!

Only one thing, Blackman HAD to play Oakland and Riverdale, I'll give them credit for playing Brentwood, Oakland did too and they are a good team, their only 2 losses are to Oakland and Blackman, but should Oakland really be penalized for playing Ensworth and losing to them in overtime on a 2 pt conversion when that is the 1 difference in Oakland and Blackman's non district records. As stated above, I think OHS came out the winner in all this because I think Riverdale and Blackman are both better than Mt. Juliet and Cookeville :blush: So maybe I should be saying thank you to Blackman

Only one thing, Blackman HAD to play Oakland and Riverdale, I'll give them credit for playing Brentwood, Oakland did too and they are a good team, their only 2 losses are to Oakland and Blackman, but should Oakland really be penalized for playing Ensworth and losing to them in overtime on a 2 pt conversion when that is the 1 difference in Oakland and Blackman's non district records. As stated above, I think OHS came out the winner in all

my question to you was simply...why do you even care? on about a half a dozen post you are whinning about our schedule, vs. your schedule, vs. riverdale's schedule vs. the outcome, vs., vs., vs., etc, etc. etc....who cares? Your obsession with these meaningless details is like Barney Fife! Blackman won the district championship but has to play riverdale again in 2 weeks and i'll bet the farm if blackman wins the riverdale game, they'll play Oakland, cause yall going to kill Mt. Juliet and Cookeville...and i'll end with ...who cares if oakland is seemingly penalized for playing ensworth...it's all for naught now...grieve and move on...and at the heart of all of this...Cheer blackman on and encourage them! After ya'lls long drought prior to last year, I and many others did it for yall...quit whinning , congradulate blackman, move forward to the new playoff season..try it...it's pretty freeing to live in the present and potential future and not the past, what could have been or should have been :blush: