Blackman Blaze vs Riverdale Warriors @ The Reservation

StorkMontgomery

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so glad you have it all figured out when no one else does!

In football and in other sports...

TSSAA may be a great place for you to work at...REALLY! (no sarcasm on this line...just the first two and last line)

Best of wishes to Oakland, the # 3 district team from 7AAA who really should be # 1 because of....(fill in the blank here...the list is endless)

Bottom line is that if Smyrna plays Cane Ridge and Station Camp instead of Ensworth and Brentwood they finish 7-3 and get a wildcard. How fair is that?

Probably the top wildcard spot at that, maybe 2nd. So really if they had played 1 of them, they would be in. Siegel would probably be in too if they had not played Indy and lost by 1 point. Coach Watson said on the radio this plan was sold on the fact it would allow Rutherford Co the possibility of getting in more teams. I suppose the possibility is there if you schedule the right teams. Problem is, like he said, its hard to schedule games as a Rutherford Co team. I also heard from members of another staff that their coach was told by the TSSAA they still needed to schedule tough competition, when in fact that's really not the case. Of course would could always argue you need to so your team is playoff ready come November. But does you no good to be playoff ready, but not in the playoffs.

Wow! this is all to funny. Cupcakes, the tie breaker rules are unfair to us, (whoever you want "us" to be)....shoulda coulda woulda...

TSSAA may be a great place for you to work at...REALLY! (no sarcasm on this line...just the first two and last line)

Best of wishes to Oakland, the # 3 district team from 7AAA who really should be # 1 because of....(fill in the blank here...the list is endless)

Bottom line is that if Smyrna plays Cane Ridge and Station Camp instead of Ensworth and Brentwood they finish 7-3 and get a wildcard. How fair is that?

...if they had not played Indy and lost ....

They all had a great year and may one of us bring the GOLD BALL back to the BORO where it belongs, and hopefully stays for years to come! :wacko:

Three great teams. The sad thing is that they really do have to bring it back to Rutherford county, rather than bringing it back down Middle Tennessee Blvd. Wonder what kind of turn out the surrounding Cookeville area would have had on a rain swollen night like last night.

Three great teams. The sad thing is that they really do have to bring it back to Rutherford county, rather than bringing it back down Middle Tennessee Blvd. Wonder what kind of turn out the surrounding Cookeville area would have had on a rain swollen night like last night.

I think the TSSAA got a guarantee from Cookeville, regardless of the tickets sold, one reason it's their and not here, and that's what the TSSAA wanted. Imagine December on the plateau :wacko:

Well, I was there and as I said, I would be there to shake hands with the winners, but not surprizing no one showed up. I was right there in the 17th row at the 50 yard line and no one on either side of the ball came by.

That's kinda funny seeing as I was sitting in the 17th row at the 50 yard line, right on the aisle. I specifically counted the rows and as you might know, there is an aisle on the 50 yard line and I sat on the first aisle seat on the baseball field (south side) of the aisle where I sit at every home game. So, unless you were sitting on the north side of the aisle and you might have, I'll have to call BS on that! I believe you stated in an earlier post that you would be on the baseball field side. There was someone sitting by themself on the north side of the aisle in that row, so if that was you, I for one can vouch for you being there, in that seat, if you can tell me what color rainsuit you were wearing! :lol:

Well, I was there and as I said, I would be there to shake hands with the winners, but not surprizing no one showed up. I was right there in the 17th row at the 50 yard line and no one on either side of the ball came by.

That's kinda funny seeing as I was sitting in the 17th row at the 50 yard line, right on the aisle. I specifically counted the rows and as you might know, there is an aisle on the 50 yard line and I sat on the first aisle seat on the baseball field (south side) of the aisle where I sit at every home game. So, unless you were sitting on the north side of the aisle and you might have, I'll have to call BS on that! I believe you stated in an earlier post that you would be on the baseball field side. There was someone sitting by themself on the north side of the aisle in that row, so if that was you, I for one can vouch for you being there, in that seat, if you can tell me what color rainsuit you were wearing! :roflol:

What? You mean you did not let he/she/it sit in your lap? :roflolk:

YES, he/she/it did say they were going to sit on the baseball side.

Kind of what I figured would happen. If I had been able to go you would have had to sit in my lap because that is where I figured to sit also. He could have introduced himself to me when he wanted the seat if 'it' had really been brave enough to show he/she/its face.

Just a little heads-up, coach and I wil be conducting a "how to schedule your way into a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP" clinic after the season and recuiting visits and making the Murfreesboro party circut is over. The clinic will be free of charge. So all the haters can go down to the free clinic after the season is over and maybe that will help with the pain of watching Blackman win the DISRTICT CHAMPIONSHIP!

WE ARE BLACKMAN! and you can go to the free clinic.

We'll see if that schedule has you playoff ready......

So are you going to the free clinic??

Sounds like they should attent the "how to schedule your way to a District Championship" at the free clinic.

So I guess we will see Smyrna at the free clinc.

oakland got it pretty easy...mt juliet is not very good, but riverdale has it good for this week, coffee co. was killed by cookeville who riverdale handled. in rd. 2 the rain wont be an equalizer and the warriors will rock blackman. we'll remember them sliding across the wet field after the game. coach a knows what he's doing and revenge will be sweet. let's go warriors.

Blackman can't wait for the rain not to be an equalizer...

warriors will rock blackman?????????????????...Thanks for the bulletin board material! :wub:

you'll be like "warrior82dad" who will disappear if it does not happen...he seemed to forget how ugly he said it was going to be on friday with riverdale crushing blackman...

at the first of the season everyone said we won because we did not play anyone...

then we lose to oakland and it's said ...see i told you so...you're over rated

then we beat brentwood and were lucky...

then we beat riverdale and it's because of the mud... :wacko:

IF (and i really mean IF) WE BEAT YOU in a couple of weeks it will be because Coach A (who is a GREAT COACH) broke his toe, or Bobby Wells gave us his defensive game plan, or because we played the game at blackman, or because we've seen the Wing T two weeks earlier, or because the WingT can't win it all at this level, or because you did not throw enough, but from folks like you (not other great riverdale posters) it would never be because we were the better team that night...by the way...this is called EXCUSES!

the sliding across the field was in no way an afront to your team...it was simply spontaneous joy from winning their first district championship...i actually talked to coach A and several of your coaches as it was going on-we sort of looked around like...wow...this is crazy with the field the way it was...pretty typical in big games like this whether in high school or college...and if the game would have been at blackman...the same thing would have happened!!!...matter of fact, years ago, ECU beat southern Miss. at their place 13-6 so we could be bowl eligible at 8-3 and the field was just like it was at riverdale...and we all did some serious sliding...it's actually pretty fun... :blink:

if yall had won at our place...ya'll would have done the same thing...and it would have been understandable...and it sure did not hurt the field...not sure how yall are going to play on it next week...but that is another subject...

by the way...i was told by several of our players that your players were class acts...no junk talking...just good hard football playing...during and after the game...this is even harder to do after a tough loss like this...

The fact of the matter is...these are two really good football teams...and it is highly unlikely that either one will ROCK the other...

when oakland beat us...i just said, great, great job oakland and described a few of their strengths and our weaknesses for the game...

i know it's hard to lose, weve done it for years

but it is sometimes harder to hate losing and yet lose with class...your players did it on friday...maybe they can help you do the same...

PBD :flower: