Blackman Blaze vs Riverdale Warriors @ The Reservation

StorkMontgomery

Then how would you like knowing you have to play a 9-1 team called MT Juliet at THEIR place after only losing one game in this district? AND after beating the team that claimed the championship because they had an overall better record BECAUSE they scheduled teams to soften their schedule. We would so trade you for Mcgavock. Then IF we win, we stay on the road. I know all we had to do was beat Riverdale to not have had to worry about it b/f you bring that one up. We didn't and we have to make do with the hand we have been dealt. So do YOU! Saying that I hope all three of us survive the first round and continue to represent Rutherford County along with Eagleville.

I will also tell you that if Riverdale players or Oakland players had slid on YOUR field that your fans would be livid about it.....especially ONE very vocal one in particular with more than one ID.

I guess Riverdale coaches will have to get that roller out again to see what they can salvage for this week.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left the game as soon as it was over. I didn't see the sliding on the field after the game by the Blaze players. If I had, I would have brought it up already. I do remember when siegel got their first win in school history in the rain at Lavergne. Their players and fans slid and rolled all over the Lavergne's field for 30 minutes after the game. I remember how it caused a huge uproar because of all the damage they did to the field. Their fans got on here and laughed and laughed like crazy about all the fun that they had tearing up that field. I remember how angry the Lavergne fans were about it, and how many hrs that it took to work on that field for the next week's game. Most of us that have been around awhile know that Lavergne's field has been the butt of a lot of jokes because of the holes and unevenness of it before that damage was even done to it. I also recall yrs ago that Coach Shad had an article in the DNJ trying to get the Smyrna/ Lavergne game moved to Smyrna's field because of the safety factor. He was worried about injuries to his players because of their holes and such. So why in the world would he allow his players to do that to Riverdale's field knowing they were in the playoffs with probably a home game the next week?

I was on the field during and after the game, I saw no kids sliding around and didn't know it had happened until my son told me after the game. Would not have been my way of celebrating, but I'm not a teenager.

Anyway my point is that field was trashed long before any celebration or sliding took place, it was literally two inches of mud everywhere you took a step. I don't know how Riverdale will get it playable and I don't think the mud bog parking lot will be of any use either.

Hey, I hate to do this but I gotta run, NBC is broadcasting the NYC Marathon, mo must see tv.

Then how would you like knowing you have to play a 9-1 team called MT Juliet at THEIR place after only losing one game in this district? AND after beating the team that claimed the championship because they had an overall better record BECAUSE they scheduled teams to soften their schedule. We would so trade you for Mcgavock. Then IF we win, we stay on the road. I know all we had to do was beat Riverdale to not have had to worry about it b/f you bring that one up. We didn't and we have to make do with the hand we have been dealt. So do YOU! Saying that I hope all three of us survive the first round and continue to represent Rutherford County along with Eagleville.

I will also tell you that if Riverdale players or Oakland players had slid on YOUR field that your fans would be livid about it.....especially ONE very vocal one in particular with more than one ID.

I guess Riverdale coaches will have to get that roller out again to see what they can salvage for this week.

First, I would whin about it and then attend the "how to schedule your way to a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP free clinic.

So I guess Oakland will be going to the free clinic.

First, I would whin about it and then attend the "how to schedule your way to a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP free clinic.

So I guess Oakland will be going to the free clinic.

You seem to know ALOT about 'FREE CLINICS', feeling or admitting guilt? Had your shots this week?

Sorry, no desire to learn any thing the way that yall do it at Blackman. We seem to be doing fine with OUR lil staff (complete with rings) in their first attempt of trying. But thanks for the offer. Maybe you should head to Wilson Central and make your offer instead? They can maybe offer up their Tony Franklin playbook if your free clinic runs out of toliet paper. :hungry:

A few points to make:

Someone mentioned that moving the game to Thursday night was an option, but Riverdale declined the offer and said no: Riverdale wanted to play on Friday as scheduled. Too bad, it rained, but it did rain on both sides of the field and on each team. (Blackman I believe fumbled a lot of times, so there were many opportunities to take advantage of the turnovers). I also remember that when Farragut traveled over 3 hours and played in the rain, and Riverdale beat them in the bad weather, and there was nothing mentioned about the "weather" being a factor in that game, but it was a win....I guess that was the difference.

A student also said that after the game, when she stepped her foot on the field, that her leg sunk into the field, up to the knee. She commented that she didn't know how ANYONE could have played football on that field that night. That again, would include BOTH teams and all players, not just the ones with spears on their helmets.

Also, once she got to the car (which she was made to park in the grass), she thought she would never get out and that many cars were stuck in the grass and couldn't move. (Are the students being blamed for this too)? But she had fun! Either way, these are kids and how many of us remember those days when we "won a big one" and celebrated after the game! Cold, wet and soaked, she will never forget that night! I cannot imagine that any student ran out on that field just to see if they could mess it up for the next game----sounds to me like it was already "messed up"---please folks, get a life and let the kids be kids!

Best of luck to all the teams--play injury free please!

I left the game as soon as it was over. I didn't see the sliding on the field after the game by the Blaze players. If I had, I would have brought it up already. I do remember when siegel got their first win in school history in the rain at Lavergne. Their players and fans slid and rolled all over the Lavergne's field for 30 minutes after the game. I remember how it caused a huge uproar because of all the damage they did to the field. Their fans got on here and laughed and laughed like crazy about all the fun that they had tearing up that field. I remember how angry the Lavergne fans were about it, and how many hrs that it took to work on that field for the next week's game. Most of us that have been around awhile know that Lavergne's field has been the butt of a lot of jokes because of the holes and unevenness of it before that damage was even done to it. I also recall yrs ago that Coach Shad had an article in the DNJ trying to get the Smyrna/ Lavergne game moved to Smyrna's field because of the safety factor. He was worried about injuries to his players because of their holes and such. So why in the world would he allow his players to do that to Riverdale's field knowing they were in the playoffs with probably a home game the next week?

2P...go to storkmontgomery.com and watch the highlights of the game...at the end of the video you will see the team and fans run on to the field...maybe a half of dozen of the players actually slid on the field...and I PROMISE YOU...u could not have hurt that field anymore that it was already hurt...i walked out there and litterally lost one of my shoes...it was that deep and that muddy...field was already as bad as it could ever get...even one of the coaches from Riverdale told me he can't believe they have to play on it again next week...so no damage done by 5 or 6 of our guys sliding on it...95% of the team just ran around in excitement looking for someone to hug...sort of like jim valvano and n.c. state after they won the ncaa championship...no harm...no foul...

hope your guys and riverdale and our boys have a great week of practice to get ready...sure wish we could play each othe way later in the bracket!!!...

PBD :hungry:

oakland got it pretty easy...mt juliet is not very good, but riverdale has it good for this week, coffee co. was killed by cookeville who riverdale handled. in rd. 2 the rain wont be an equalizer and the warriors will rock blackman. we'll remember them sliding across the wet field after the game. coach a knows what he's doing and revenge will be sweet. let's go warriors.

Blackman can't wait for the rain not to be an equalizer...

warriors will rock blackman?????????????????...Thanks for the bulletin board material!

you'll be like "warrior82dad" who will disappear if it does not happen...he seemed to forget how ugly he said it was going to be on friday with riverdale crushing blackman...

at the first of the season everyone said we won because we did not play anyone...

then we lose to oakland and it's said ...see i told you so...you're over rated

then we beat brentwood and were lucky...

then we beat riverdale and it's because of the mud...

IF (and i really mean IF) WE BEAT YOU in a couple of weeks it will be because Coach A (who is a GREAT COACH) broke his toe, or Bobby Wells gave us his defensive game plan, or because we played the game at blackman, or because we've seen the Wing T two weeks earlier, or because the WingT can't win it all at this level, or because you did not throw enough, but from folks like you (not other great riverdale posters) it would never be because we were the better team that night...by the way...this is called EXCUSES!

the sliding across the field was in no way an afront to your team...it was simply spontaneous joy from winning their first district championship...i actually talked to coach A and several of your coaches as it was going on-we sort of looked around like...wow...this is crazy with the field the way it was...pretty typical in big games like this whether in high school or college...and if the game would have been at blackman...the same thing would have happened!!!...matter of fact, years ago, ECU beat southern Miss. at their place 13-6 so we could be bowl eligible at 8-3 and the field was just like it was at riverdale...and we all did some serious sliding...it's actually pretty fun... :hungry:

if yall had won at our place...ya'll would have done the same thing...and it would have been understandable...and it sure did not hurt the field...not sure how yall are going to play on it next week...but that is another subject...

by the way...i was told by several of our players that your players were class acts...no junk talking...just good hard football playing...during and after the game...this is even harder to do after a tough loss like this...

The fact of the matter is...these are two really good football teams...and it is highly unlikely that either one will ROCK the other...

when oakland beat us...i just said, great, great job oakland and described a few of their strengths and our weaknesses for the game...

i know it's hard to lose, weve done it for years

but it is sometimes harder to hate losing and yet lose with class...your players did it on friday...maybe they can help you do the same...

PBD

This is only the 2nd time I have posted on the football board because baseball is our sport but I wanted to point out a couple of things from what I thought was a good high school football game in the worst conditions possible.

1) I enjoy your posts because you usually make sense and are objective. I wish more posters in all sports were objective as it would make for much better discussions. I do not agree with your comments on the field. Celebrating is one thing but tearing up a field with more games to play is not ok. The cost of repair should be shared by both schools AND the coaches should know where the lines should be drawn on celebration and destruction. Many people that I was standing around after the game felt the same way - celebrate as we would expect you too but don't destroy. We would feel the same way if it were our kids doing that to your field.

2) It troubles me to see the handfull of fans on both sides that are making this such a nasty message board. Bottom line there are good people and good kids at both schools and both teams are having good seasons. That is nothing but positive for Rutherford County. The Farrgut baseball program is hated by much of the entire state not because of their talent but because of a few fans that are so obnoxious that it brings negativety to the entire program. Both sides should keep that in mind as it is a reflection on their programs before they start posting stupid things.

3) Your son was a stud and a difference maker. I hope he is a senior. :thumb:

4) The real travesty in all of this is how screwed up the brackets are for the playoffs. I can't beleive they have all of the Rutherford county schools knocking each other out before the semi - finals. Very poor system.

hey vols...thanks for responding with such respect! i mean that...

concerning # 1...i don't think the field could have been hurt any more than it was...i read my previous response to Mr. 2P ...i think it was so spontaneous that no one thought about anything but celebrating...not in an in your face way...just going crazy because they won...but my gut says it is emotionally hard to watch another team celebrate on your field after they won...reguardless of the field conditions...and that is probably what alot of folks felt and have responded too...which is certainly understandable...i have felt the same thing at home at blackman...but i also understood what the other team was doing...just celebrating without pointing fingers, etc...hindsite (sp?) says that our boys were talked to before the game and told to be under control if we won so as to not give the look that we were somehow rubbing it in, or trying to tear up the field, etc...but honestly... i think it was just a re-action that had built up over at least 10 weeks if not for years...i will apologize for any real or percieved negative actions ...by gosh...i actually ran on the field too looking like a fool! at 46, i nearly pulled my hamstring and i did lose my shoe! :lol:

concerning # 2...love it and could not agree more...thanks for modeling that in your response!

concerning # 3...he's a junior and is finally out of his brothers shadow...and mama was a good athlete... B)

concerning # 4...again...totally agree...dang, crap, shoot...it ain't good for none of us rutherford county teams...

PBD :lol:

Just talked to a Riverdale football player. While he was still hurting from the loss, his spirits were higher than I expected them to be. He is really excited to be in the playoffs and having a game at home in front of their great crowd.I asked him about the celebrating and he assured me that it wasn't but a handful of players and that RHS really didn't hold that against them. He told me that IF they had won the district, they may have tried it themselves. SO>........I will shut my fat mouth on this situation.

Let's go Oakland! Let's Go Riverdale. Let's go Blackman!! Rutherford County 3-0 going into round 2!

Dang........didn't even read any of the added posts before responding above. Thanks, PBD for your clarification above my last post. I know you are a man of your word. You tell it like it is good or bad. Had I read your post and not talked to a RHS player I would have believed you even without having to check video proof. You are a fine man, and your son is a beast. I know that you and your family are beaming with pride. Bet he goes somewhere BIG next yr.

PS.....I know I said I was shutting my fat mouth, but just had to add this. Also hope PBD found his shoe! Wouldn't that be funny if one of the kids next week thought it was the ball and that they had recovered a fumble?? Can you see them running to the end zone only to realize he had a SHOE! :thumb:

Sorry, no desire to learn any thing the way that yall do it at Blackman. We seem to be doing fine with OUR lil staff (complete with rings) in their first attempt of trying. But thanks for the offer. Maybe you should head to Wilson Central and make your offer instead? They can maybe offer up their Tony Franklin playbook if your free clinic runs out of toliet paper. :thumb:

Anything to help the people 2p, so will we be seeing Wilson Central at the free clinic? As as far as the playbook goes, I'm sure the people at the free clinic will accept any donations.

Dang........didn't even read any of the added posts before responding above. Thanks, PBD for your clarification above my last post. I know you are a man of your word. You tell it like it is good or bad. Had I read your post and not talked to a RHS player I would have believed you even without having to check video proof. You are a fine man, and your son is a beast. I know that you and your family are beaming with pride. Bet he goes somewhere BIG next yr.

PS.....I know I said I was shutting my fat mouth, but just had to add this. Also hope PBD found his shoe! Wouldn't that be funny if one of the kids next week thought it was the ball and that they had recovered a fumble?? Can you see them running to the end zone only to realize he had a SHOE! :)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...i am cracking up about someone finding a shoe that had been buried in the mud...just the picture of that is so funny...and sadly...it would certainly be possible with that field...BUT...i lost it, but put it back on...mud and all! :ph34r:

ur a good man 2P and loyal fan for your patriots! i only got 4 more years to be on here being a fan on the inside and it goes quickly...gotta enjoy every moment ...win or lose...rain or shine...grass or MUD! :thumb: