Blackman Blaze vs Riverdale Warriors @ The Reservation

StorkMontgomery

my question to you was simply...why do you even care? on about a half a dozen post you are whinning about our schedule, vs. your schedule, vs. riverdale's schedule vs. the outcome, vs., vs., vs., etc, etc. etc....who cares? Your obsession with these meaningless details is like Barney Fife! Blackman won the district championship but has to play riverdale again in 2 weeks and i'll bet the farm if blackman wins the riverdale game, they'll play Oakland, cause yall going to kill Mt. Juliet and Cookeville...and i'll end with ...who cares if oakland is seemingly penalized for playing ensworth...it's all for naught now...grieve and move on...and at the heart of all of this...Cheer blackman on and encourage them! After ya'lls long drought prior to last year, I and many others did it for yall...quit whinning , congradulate blackman, move forward to the new playoff season..try it...it's pretty freeing to live in the present and potential future and not the past, what could have been or should have been :blush:

I care because I want things to be done right. This is not right. It's not even right for Blackman to have to play Riverdale 2nd round if they were indeed the 1 Riverdale were 2 and Oakland were 3, Oakland and Riverdale should be playing in the 2nd round. The whole system is wrong. You for one should care that Oakland got penalized for playing Ensworth because if they had maybe just taken overall wins against 6A teams Blackman wouldn't have won the tiebreaker.

My main point is the tiebreakers make no sense what so ever. You'll see me on other threads arguing about how White Station and Arlington, Mt. Juliet and for that matter Franklin all got screwed in the seedings based on these new criteria. Anybody with half a brain will tell you that when looking at overall record the playing field is not level, and if you are looking at breaking ties you should try to level the playing field as much as possible. Is it easier, yes absolutely, is it right, not at all. This system seems to reward teams like Franklin Co and White Co more so than the teams at the top because when you have to seed teams based on district finish it mis-seeds the brackets.

I will finish by saying, I am very happy to be seeded 3rd in this Quad

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my question to you was simply...why do you even care? on about a half a dozen post you are whinning about our schedule, vs. your schedule, vs. riverdale's schedule vs. the outcome, vs., vs., vs., etc, etc. etc....who cares? Your obsession with these meaningless details is like Barney Fife! Blackman won the district championship but has to play riverdale again in 2 weeks and i'll bet the farm if blackman wins the riverdale game, they'll play Oakland, cause yall going to kill Mt. Juliet and Cookeville...and i'll end with ...who cares if oakland is seemingly penalized for playing ensworth...it's all for naught now...grieve and move on...and at the heart of all of this...Cheer blackman on and encourage them! After ya'lls long drought prior to last year, I and many others did it for yall...quit whinning , congradulate blackman, move forward to the new playoff season..try it...it's pretty freeing to live in the present and potential future and not the past, what could have been or should have been :blush:

I care because I want things to be done right. This is not right. It's not even right for Blackman to have to play Riverdale 2nd round if they were indeed the 1 Riverdale were 2 and Oakland were 3, Oakland and Riverdale should be playing in the 2nd round. The whole system is wrong. You for one should care that Oakland got penalized for playing Ensworth because if they had maybe just taken overall wins against 6A teams Blackman wouldn't have won the tiebreaker.

My main point is the tiebreakers make no sense what so ever. You'll see me on other threads arguing about how White Station and Arlington, Mt. Juliet and for that matter Franklin all got screwed in the seedings based on these new criteria. Anybody with half a brain will tell you that when looking at overall record the playing field is not level, and if you are looking at breaking ties you should try to level the playing field as much as possible. Is it easier, yes absolutely, is it right, not at all. This system seems to reward teams like Franklin Co and White Co more so than the teams at the top because when you have to seed teams based on district finish it mis-seeds the brackets.

I will finish by saying, I am very happy to be seeded 3rd in this Quad

your so called "care" ain't going to make a hill of beans on this thread on CoachT...

and when you get on the "riverdale vs. blackman" thread and debate it here...it is WHINNING

i don't care who we play 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round...if you are the best, you will win

if a team plays a tough schedule, then they whine (like you) because of some injustice that has been done...

if they play an easier schedule, they are called cup cake wins...and dis-respected

i try not to do either...let the system and schedule play out that has been put in place...and when one does this...there is NO WHINNING, and no dis-respect...

if you feel so passionate, go to the TSSAA and work for them

don't try to make the rules, just play by them

i agree that oakland, the # 3 team in the district, got the best deal!

your so called "care" ain't going to make a hill of beans on this thread on CoachT...

and when you get on the "riverdale vs. blackman" thread and debate it here...it is WHINNING

Last comment. I care enough that I have seen this process play out in other sports in this town before. And have argued the same thing even when it didn't involve my team. When you don't seed things CORRECTLY, it perverts the tournament, you'll see.

Last comment. I care enough that I have seen this process play out in other sports in this town before. And have argued the same thing even when it didn't involve my team. When you don't seed things CORRECTLY, it perverts the tournament, you'll see.

so glad you have it all figured out when no one else does!

In football and in other sports...

TSSAA may be a great place for you to work at...REALLY! (no sarcasm on this line...just the first two and last line)

Best of wishes to Oakland, the # 3 district team from 7AAA who really should be # 1 because of....(fill in the blank here...the list is endless)

Regular season means nothing now men! Win you keep going and lose and your done! Best wishes to all three of our district teams. They all had a great year and may one of us bring the GOLD BALL back to the BORO where it belongs, and hopefully stays for years to come! We all should be proud of our schools that we represent on here! Blackman, Oakland and Riverdale have all proved they are the real deal! Playoffs here we come! GO WARRIORS! :thumb:

You are right about that 2p. When you do that as a coach it shows you believe in the your team! Coach A has done a great job and i'm proud he's our Coach! :thumb:

I listened to Coach A yesterday on the radio before the game. The guy is a class act. He gave so much credit to his players and his staff. Riverdale should be proud of him and these kids. They played their hearts out last night and handled the tough loss with class. That comes from the top......

best part is they aren't out.

Amen! :roll:

Odds are that Riverdale and Blackman will meet again in two weeks. Both need to take care of business next week.

Man, Oakland got a pretty tough draw. On the road at MJ and then probably on the road at cookeville.

I am hoping we get to host Oakland in week 3 and it doesn't rain :thumb:

But hold up - brackets have been pulled down off TSSAA web-site - LOTS of mistakes in every bracket.

Odds are that Riverdale and Blackman will meet again in two weeks. Both need to take care of business next week.

Man, Oakland got a pretty tough draw. On the road at MJ and then probably on the road at cookeville.

I am hoping we get to host Oakland in week 3 and it doesn't rain :thumb:

But hold up - brackets have been pulled down off TSSAA web-site - LOTS of mistakes in every bracket.

Me too

oakland got it pretty easy...mt juliet is not very good, but riverdale has it good for this week, coffee co. was killed by cookeville who riverdale handled. in rd. 2 the rain wont be an equalizer and the warriors will rock blackman. we'll remember them sliding across the wet field after the game. coach a knows what he's doing and revenge will be sweet. let's go warriors.

so glad you have it all figured out when no one else does!

In football and in other sports...

TSSAA may be a great place for you to work at...REALLY! (no sarcasm on this line...just the first two and last line)

Best of wishes to Oakland, the # 3 district team from 7AAA who really should be # 1 because of....(fill in the blank here...the list is endless)

Bottom line is that if Smyrna plays Cane Ridge and Station Camp instead of Ensworth and Brentwood they finish 7-3 and get a wildcard. How fair is that?