HENRY COUNTY VS ROSSVIEW

GHS59

Well its gameday Big Red Nation! Don't know how many of you were there last night, but at the Quarterback Club dinner where former Coach Sput Garnett spoke - it was a powerful talk and I wish I could still strap on the pads and hit the gridiron! He spoke of the great tradition we have dating back to the days of being Blue Devils all the way to present day Big Red Patriots. The Big Red Line!

Gonna be a slopfest tonight in the rain, but we still need to get out there and support our beloved Big Red! So bring your rain gear and cowbells and lets cheer the Patriots on victory again!!!

Let's Get it ON!

Go Big RED!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This YANKER is worried about if you really believe that what is on here has no effect on the players/team. EVERYTHING this YANKER says matters and has an impact. When your ridiculous fans call your players and coaches inept and pitiful...that matters. Your team was just MUCH superior to Dickson County or the ridiculous posts from many of your ridiculous fans would have hurt you. You are wrong again...as usual...this YANKER is right again...AS ALWAYS...I AM THE "ALWAYS RIGHT" YANKER!!!!!

You really have lost your mind! I think JCM actually winning a few games this year has made your head spin and thrown all logic out of your ears. If HC's players/coaches let a bunch of message board messiahs have any effect on the way they play or coach maybe football isn't the right sport for them. I know several of the players very well and asked them about CoachT and they laughed! Oh no, they were talking about us on CoachT now I can't tackle, catch, or get that extra yard for the 1st down because a bunch of old & past their prime players were talking about me on a message board! Do you realize how ridiculous it is to even think the players/coaches give a d@#* about what is on CoachT?

Do YOU realize how ridiculous it is for YOU to think that high school players are not impacted in some way when their own fans call them and their coaches "inept and pitiful"? This YANKER simply tells it like it is and you need to realize that this YANKER is ALWAYS correct...I AM THE "ALWAYS CORRECT & TELL IT LIKE IT IS" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yanker i agree with you on this one to an extent. Everybody knows that these players and coaches feel terrible after a loss, they really don't need fans telling them that they played badly. I believe the players do have self motivation, BUT i as a former player can tell you, i used to get on these sites and read some of the comments, and the negative ones did hurt in some ways, but for the most part, i used them as another source of motivation. they never devastated me to the point where i felt like throwing in the towel, and i played on HC for a 2-8 squad during Gaddis' first year. These negative comments are kind compared to some of the other ones i used to read. I'm just saying, when you're a player, what fans think seems to be less significant. At least thats the way i thought as a player, but i do see some of those same commenters still posting on here to this day and they are the same ones who said some pretty awful things before. And now they show nothing but praise for the most part. For fans, it's all about winning, that's all they want. For players, well ofcourse we wanted to win, but that wasn't all it was about, it was about going out and playing as hard as you could to the extent of your full potential. If we gave our all and played as hard as we could, a loss didn't devastate us near as much as it did the fans. Winning cures everything for fans, but playing hard is pretty much all a player is trying to do and helping his team to vicory whichever way he can, thats what gaddis taught me, and it takes a team full of those types of players to create a winning team, and i can see gaddis has obviously gotten his message across since he got here. He's a good coach and this is a good team. but fans want to win...nuff said. Its not just that way for HC dude, its that way everywhere.

20-0 Pats!!! first shut out of the season! district champs! and odds are home field advantage throughout the playoffs! It is great to be a Patriot! All in all, what a great hard fought game by the patriots. little mac continues to show why he is our MVP. 31 carries on the night for 175 yards and 3 touchdowns. And the defense played lights out again. even though it was on a messy field of mud, they pitched a shutout, way to go D. On a more serious note, everybody keep skylar haley and his family in your thoughts. Kid plays his heart out every week on offense, defense, and special teams and he is likely done for the year after suffering what seemed to be a pretty serious leg injury.

GO BIG RED!!!

Way to go Patriots!!! Congrats on a great regular season. Now its time to see what we're made of. I was at the game tonight and it was without a doubt the worst playing conditions I have ever witnessed. Yes it was pouring down rain most of the game, but that field was already in poor shape before tonight's game. There were two mud lakes on each side of the field from about the 20 to the 45. It was incredible that the players on either team were able to get ANY footing! But the Big Red came out on top. Other than the first drive from Rossview, the Patriots controlled things. And without all of the turnovers, two more scores may have been on the board. But understandable with such slick conditions.

As for Skylar, I really hated to see his season and high school career end like this. He has been a great player and leader for this team and he will be missed sorely. I hear he is having surgery tomorrow (today I guess by now). Keep him and his family in your prayers.

So on to the playoffs! Hopefully we'll be able to have homefield advantage throughout - just gotta keep on winning!!!

Roll Red ROLL!!!

I talked to skylars mom this mornin and she said they think it is a clean break. He is scheduled to have surgery at 10 this mornin. Dr gladwell think he might be back for the end of basketball season. If I find anything else out I will let yall know. If you see dr gladwell thank her so much cuz she had a baby this week and now is doin surgery on skylar.

Prayers to Haley. This is a HUGE loss. He is our #1 receiver, #2 DB (when Shonte is on the field, #1 when he is not), sure handed punt returner, and maybe one the most important and overlooked positions, he is our holder on point afters and field goals. Some guys are really going to have to step up it up to make up for this loss. Haley RARELY came off the field. I really hate it for him, get well bud, you will be greatly missed.