Siegel at Oak Hill Academy

hoopsguru12

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for starters, when did MTSU start playing in the SEC? Also, no team, and I repeat, NO team in Tennessee has a chance to beat, or come within 10 points of Oak Hill. They put future D1 stars on the floor year in and year out, as do most other Prep Academies. No chance, whatsoever, is there for siegel.

Well, for starters, when did MTSU start playing in the SEC? Also, no team, and I repeat, NO team in Tennessee has a chance to beat, or come within 10 points of Oak Hill. They put future D1 stars on the floor year in and year out, as do most other Prep Academies. No chance, whatsoever, is there for siegel.

Bearden lost to Oak Hill by 5 last year. The same Bearden team that siegel beat last year in the preseason. And maybe Siegel didn't schedule Oak Hill with the sole intentions of beating them. I mean obviously they want to, but maybe they did it for the level of competition. What good would it do Siegel to play Cannon Co. or Tullahoma or some of these other schools that teams schedule?

Bearden lost to Oak Hill by 5 last year. The same Bearden team that siegel beat last year in the preseason. And maybe Siegel didn't schedule Oak Hill with the sole intentions of beating them. I mean obviously they want to, but maybe they did it for the level of competition. What good would it do Siegel to play Cannon Co. or Tullahoma or some of these other schools that teams schedule?

LOL! I won't even argue with you. When siegel gets slaughtered by OHA, talk to me. Until then, please defer your ignorance of the game away from us who respect the game and have common sense about the game. Thanks. Wherever, whenever, OHA wins big.

I guess Siegel should have been like all the other teams in the mid state and played the cannon co classic or stone memorial tournamnet or warren co classic instead of trying to get better by playing Oak Hill, Liberty Tech, Ridgeway, White Station, Hawaii Tourn, Arby's Classic. Just shows you that Siegel isn't scarred. Doesn't mean they are going to beat everyone they play, just shows they will strap it up and play anybody anywhere. Good job Siegel. I like the swagger!!!

Although we have had our fair share of run-ins, I'm gonna have to side with boro on this one. he never stated that Siegel would beat Oak Hill, all he said was to not be surprised if Siegel did beat them. While it will be a very tough feat, you do have to give credit to the Stars for their scheduling this year. They are most definately not shying away from anyone.

What good would it do Siegel to play Cannon Co. or Tullahoma or some of these other schools that teams schedule?

Boro, I agree with your above statement. Can you also see how it would be detrimental for a fairly young inexperienced Oakland team with a new coach to schedule the Arby's, White Station, or Oak Hill? Replacing coach King is no small task. As an outside observer, it will be critical for Wright to get buy-in from his players. If they falter early and often, he could potentially lose them for the year (and even worse, he could potentially lose them for good).

What about a Blackman squad that has good individual puzzle pieces trying to find the best way to fit them together. Or a young Riverdale team trying to build confidence. Try to keep in mind that not all teams would benefit by scheduling the strong opponents Siegel has lined up.

There's no question that Siegel's scheduling will help them make a run at the title. But not all teams have the same talent, confidence, experience or post-season potential as the Stars.