GP v. PF

pfan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GP's Defense is very stingy, big and fast up front.Coach Lee has one athlete No. 2 and thats the problem. Just like carter they have one very good player and its hard to win with one guy.Travis will get the ball 30 to 35 times get his 100 yds, but all eyes will be on him.I think this will be closer than some think, a moral victory for the forge but will end their season.

Is this one even going to be close? It might be close if coach lee would fire the guy calling plays. my guess is gp28-0 even though I hope chaise travis high school shows up and plays good to make it close.

What is he going to fire himself because I know he calls plays............. :thumb:

The GP defense is stout and it's too early to tell what the weather will be, regardless GP by 21......Benny Hammonds team will be a lot more prepared than his son's team.

Both of these teams are better than anyone will ever give them credit for. PF is probably a little better than average and has one REALLY good player. GP is REALLY good on "D" and solid on offense.

I say GP 35 PF 7 Chase doesn't get 100 on GP's stingy "D"

I doubt PF is a little better then average they barley beat a Meigs Co. team that is 2-7 and only put up 35 yards of Off. to Seq Co. first D. However, to PF credit i think they have Improved greatly since we have played them. They have a really good back from what i saw on film. Best of Luck to both teams.

Although Travis is a good little back, the Mountain Press is way off on its report. Both in the Nation and TN.

I do wish him well and great success though.

What makes you say that? I could have sworn The Mountain Press was a bastion of journalistic excellence, equal to the New York Times, Washington Post, and Wall Street Journal lol. But I digress.

The cautious part of me thinks this could be a competitive game. After all, most rivalries the records don't matter. But if I'm not mistaking GP owns the overall series record 8-1. Pigeon Forge has failed to score more than a touchdown in any district game. Fulton, AE, Carter, and Gibbs each failed to score more than one touchdown on GP's defense in regulation (Fulton scored a TD and a FG, AE's second TD was on a kick return, Carter failed to score, and Gibbs second TD came in OT). I'm willing to bet each of those teams offenses are superior to PF.

The best comparison for PF is probably Carter - a one man team that failed to score. Dwayne Troutman is putting up a similar yards/carry against a tougher schedule, and as good as Travis is, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Troutman is the better back now (that could change though). He had very limited success last week.

Even with GP's offense stalling in the red zone, I belief they will win handily, somewhere in the neigborhood of GP 28 PF 7.

Any truth to the game being played at Carson Newman after GP slopped their field for their game against AE?

What do you mean slopped their field? What were they supposed to do? Not play the game. It is kind of hard to control the nature.

As to CN, I doubt it. Why would you take the money out of sevier county?

I would think the only team it would benefit to play the game at Burke-Tarr is PF. Its my understanding that PF's playbook is similar to that one UT ran under Johnny Majors - Travis run left, Travis run right, Travis run up the middle, Travis punt. Why would GP want to voluntarily put PF's only weapon on a dry track and one thats Field Turf at that. I'll be amazed if this game is played anywhere but the Thicket.