GP v. PF

pfan

What's with all the shouting?!? This is a message board to make comments--positive or negative. You should stop wearing your feelings on your sleeves! Now, to put my two cents worth in this shoutfest: why is it that most people hinge a game on the capabilities of the runners only--the last time I counted the players on the field there were 11 on each side of the ball. 11 kids playing their hearts out just so the ball (not necessarily one single player) makes it across the line. Defensively, PF has had 599 tackles this season--nothing to be scoffed at. Our back is an AWESOME athlete who pours his soul and his spirit into the game each time he steps onto the field. I have known him since little league football, he has played orange/black ball since starting at Pigeon Forge. His abilities and talents are God-given and he carries it well. He also shares that alot of his field accomplishments would not be possible without his O-line. That says alot for this young man as he shoulders a tremendous load of responsibility while wearing orange and black. He is just as amazing off the field as on the field and has tremendously supportive parents who are proud of their son, and rightfully so. Just as I am proud of the accomplishments my son has achieved this season, playing both O-line and D-line, only coming out of the game during kick-offs, kick-off receiving and punts. This is just his sophomore year, the same as Chase. All of the young athletes on this team give 110 percent each time they pad up. Give credit to them as a whole--after all, it is a TEAM sport.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like PF is already making the excuses............first the field and now the RB. In reality it will probably end up being the GP defense and the "trick" plays I heard their coach talking about running on the radio this evening that will do PF in............but hey whatever floats their boat I guess. Whichever it is the Machine will be watching.... :roflol: can't miss this one.........

By the way, who is the Little League coach that's going around town talking about taking over the PF program? He should at least wait another day so the season's over. If you haven't heard that one yet just go around town...

I though you had to be hired as head coach, not voted in. the little league coach is only causing more disruptions.How many more games could Hammonds have won, maybe 1 greenback and his star running went out at half in that one, and they lost.with the players he has he pretty much max-out all the win they were capable of.

Sounds like PF is already making the excuses............first the field and now the RB. In reality it will probably end up being the GP defense and the "trick" plays I heard their coach talking about running on the radio this evening that will do PF in............but hey whatever floats their boat I guess. Whichever it is the Machine will be watching.... :blink: can't miss this one.........

By the way, who is the Little League coach that's going around town talking about taking over the PF program? He should at least wait another day so the season's over. If you haven't heard that one yet just go around town...

That is news to me as we are concentrating on playing Edgemont tomorrow in the pee wee division and the grasscutters have Cosby and are concentrating on that....Either way good luck tonight to the Tigers.... :blink:

oooook here it is... the game both these teams have been waiting for all season!!

like some others said throw away the records in this game cause that means nothing!!

this is a rivalry game and nothing matters... the only thing that does is which team will put it all on the line and play every play like its their last!

no lie GP's defense must be good stats dont lie.. but i kno everyone seems like they are tired of hearing this.. but if chase is ready for this game (which im about 100% he is) pf is gonna take this one.. chase is a developing leader him and seth will be ready for this game and get their team ready so watch out GP cause PF is commin to whoop some @$$!! im taking this upset all day!! PF 21 GP 20

I graduated and played at GP and now coach the little league in Pigeon Forge, so I'm gonna stay in the middle and just hope for a hard fought, tough football game.

As far as the "little league coach" spreading news about taking over the program, he's too busy trying to win an English Mountain Conference Championship to even worry about that right now.

Sounds like PF is already making the excuses............first the field and now the RB. In reality it will probably end up being the GP defense and the "trick" plays I heard their coach talking about running on the radio this evening that will do PF in............but hey whatever floats their boat I guess. Whichever it is the Machine will be watching.... :thumb: can't miss this one.........

That is news to me as we are concentrating on playing Edgemont tomorrow in the pee wee division and the grasscutters have Cosby and are concentrating on that....Either way good luck tonight to the Tigers.... :D

The DEFENDER thinks that "Coach" Jimbo Whaley just let the cat out of the bag on who has been spreading the rumors about a pee-wee to high school coaching change. The DEFENDER thinks that "Coach" Whaley would fail at the high school level. The DEFENDER does not think "Coach" Whaley's ego could handle losing. The DEFENDER has no connection to the PF program nor Sevier County in general, the DEFENDER heard these same rumors in another county. As far as the PF-GP game, the DEFENDER thinks GP over PF with the elder Coach Hammonds naming the score. Until next time...DEFENDER OUT!!! B)

oooook here it is... the game both these teams have been waiting for all season!!

like some others said throw away the records in this game cause that means nothing!!

this is a rivalry game and nothing matters... the only thing that does is which team will put it all on the line and play every play like its their last!

no lie GP's defense must be good stats dont lie.. but i kno everyone seems like they are tired of hearing this.. but if chase is ready for this game (which im about 100% he is) pf is gonna take this one.. chase is a developing leader him and seth will be ready for this game and get their team ready so watch out GP cause PF is commin to whoop some @$$!! im taking this upset all day!! PF 21 GP 20

So does GP miss an extra point or make 2 FGs?

Sounds like PF is already making the excuses............first the field and now the RB. In reality it will probably end up being the GP defense and the "trick" plays I heard their coach talking about running on the radio this evening that will do PF in............but hey whatever floats their boat I guess. Whichever it is the Machine will be watching.... :thumb: can't miss this one.........

That is news to me as we are concentrating on playing Edgemont tomorrow in the pee wee division and the grasscutters have Cosby and are concentrating on that....Either way good luck tonight to the Tigers.... :D

The DEFENDER thinks that "Coach" Jimbo Whaley just let the cat out of the bag on who has been spreading the rumors about a pee-wee to high school coaching change. The DEFENDER thinks that "Coach" Whaley would fail at the high school level. The DEFENDER does not think "Coach" Whaley's ego could handle losing. The DEFENDER has no connection to the PF program nor Sevier County in general, the DEFENDER heard these same rumors in another county. As far as the PF-GP game, the DEFENDER thinks GP over PF with the elder Coach Hammonds naming the score. Until next time...DEFENDER OUT!!! B)

Wasn't Coach Lee and ole "Wrong Way" teammates at one time?

DEFENDER thinks that "Coach" Jimbo Whaley just let the cat out of the bag on who has been spreading the rumors about a pee-wee to high school coaching change. The DEFENDER thinks that "Coach" Whaley would fail at the high school level. The DEFENDER does not think "Coach" Whaley's ego could handle losing. The DEFENDER has no connection to the PF program nor Sevier County in general, the DEFENDER heard these same rumors in another county. As far as the PF-GP game, the DEFENDER thinks GP over PF with the elder Coach Hammonds naming the score. Until next time...DEFENDER OUT!!!

i got a phone call about this today and have never been on this site before. Pretty interesting stuff. I ususally don't post on the internet at all, never really saw the reason to do it, and people say some pretty funny things when there is no way of really knowing who says them in real life.

I am a Pigeon Forge Fan and believe that Coach Lee Hammonds has done a great job with this team this year. Lost a lot of Seniors early in the season to quitting. I have too many irons in the fire to coach at the next level, and truthfully, I enjoy coaching the little guys. Could I win at the next level??? Who knows. Can I handle losing?? No. I think Lee has our program turning in the right direction and we will be successful in Pigeon Forge in the next couple of years, with Lee Hammonds at the helm.

This will most likely be the only post that I will put on this subject.

PF will give GP much more of a game tonight than people expect.

Jimbo Whaley

Sounds like PF is already making the excuses............first the field and now the RB. In reality it will probably end up being the GP defense and the "trick" plays I heard their coach talking about running on the radio this evening that will do PF in............but hey whatever floats their boat I guess. Whichever it is the Machine will be watching.... :roflol: can't miss this one.........

That is news to me as we are concentrating on playing Edgemont tomorrow in the pee wee division and the grasscutters have Cosby and are concentrating on that....Either way good luck tonight to the Tigers.... :roflol:

The DEFENDER thinks that "Coach" Jimbo Whaley just let the cat out of the bag on who has been spreading the rumors about a pee-wee to high school coaching change. The DEFENDER thinks that "Coach" Whaley would fail at the high school level. The DEFENDER does not think "Coach" Whaley's ego could handle losing. The DEFENDER has no connection to the PF program nor Sevier County in general, the DEFENDER heard these same rumors in another county. As far as the PF-GP game, the DEFENDER thinks GP over PF with the elder Coach Hammonds naming the score. Until next time...DEFENDER OUT!!! :lol:

It sure isn't THE Jimbo Whaley posting from this username, but we just got a good laugh out of you talking in the 3rd person :lol:

Signed

Just a lowly assistant coach

To be honest the last thing PF needs is another head coach. They have had 4 which is part of the problem. Sooner or later PF has to give someone a chance. The next 3 yrs will certainly be tough with the teams in their district. It may still take a few years to have the success they would like to enjoy. The new generation is used to instant gratification. My best advice - be patient and let coach Lee and staff do their jobs.