GP v. PF

pfan

Unfortunately this game will NOT be as close as people are saying it might be. The Tigers almost slipped up on the Highlanders last year and Benny won't let it happen again. As far as the whole "Fieldgate" deal at GP, trust me that field was ruinned back in August, and the weather has just kept it wet and nasty all year. I would love to see the Tigers get a win, but I think it will be pretty one-sided. :thumb: GP 42-PF 7

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As they say in these games, throw out the records!! Emotions and intensity have a way of making some teens go crazy and others to really go crazy. GP is no doubt the better team. They have actually beaten teams that have won.

I do have a question for the PF fans. How many of Travis' yards have come against quality opponents? I know he ran wild against Grainger (1 win), Union (1 win over Grainger), Meigs (2 wins), and a horrible single A team in Cosby. I listened to the AE game on the animal Friday while at the Jeff. - Mo. East game. He probably had about 40 yards against AE's first defense, and then racked up some yards against the 2s and 3s. I am assuming the same is true in the other games against teams that can actually line up. Before we start touting him as the next coming of Walter Payton, let him do it against good defenses!

As they say in these games, throw out the records!! Emotions and intensity have a way of making some teens go crazy and others to really go crazy. GP is no doubt the better team. They have actually beaten teams that have won.

I do have a question for the PF fans. How many of Travis' yards have come against quality opponents? I know he ran wild against Grainger (1 win), Union (1 win over Grainger), Meigs (2 wins), and a horrible single A team in Cosby. I listened to the AE game on the animal Friday while at the Jeff. - Mo. East game. He probably had about 40 yards against AE's first defense, and then racked up some yards against the 2s and 3s. I am assuming the same is true in the other games against teams that can actually line up. Before we start touting him as the next coming of Walter Payton, let him do it against good defenses!

Explain to me how we are a horrible single A team when everyone of our out of district games came against much bigger schools, and they are all, with the exception of PF going to the playoffs, and two of them are ranked in the top 10 in the state. The only game we have lost when we play teams our size is Hampton, and the only two games we were never in was the GP and Claiborne games. We replaced about 80 percent of our offense this year, and every front 7 position on defense had a new starter, so if that is horrible in your book so-be-it, but if we played the Tigers again the outcome might be a little different, but neither of us can hold GP's jock this year! :thumb:

Explain to me how we are a horrible single A team when everyone of our out of district games came against much bigger schools, and they are all, with the exception of PF going to the playoffs, and two of them are ranked in the top 10 in the state. The only game we have lost when we play teams our size is Hampton, and the only two games we were never in was the GP and Claiborne games. We replaced about 80 percent of our offense this year, and every front 7 position on defense had a new starter, so if that is horrible in your book so-be-it, but if we played the Tigers again the outcome might be a little different, but neither of us can hold GP's jock this year! :thumb:

GP vs PF

I think Travis is ready to have the game of his life against this unsound defense, almost 1300 yards through 9 games the Highlanders have not seen a back like him. GP's offense has been struggling and our transfer middle linebacker is going to have a field day with his former teammates.

I hear Jay Leno's new show is tanking. With jokes like that, they might consider hiring you as a new writer to increase ratings.

GP quite possibly has the best defense in the district. They have 3 shutouts through 9 games. They've given up 3 rushing touchdowns all season and opposing backs are averaging 3.1 yards per carry. As a team, they have 133 tackles for a loss. Dwayne Troutman of Carter is averaging 6.7 yards per carry (thats more than Travis). Last week he averaged 4.5 yards on 21 carries. Against AE, Fulton, Carter, and Gibbs, Travis is averaging under 5 yards per carry. GP's defense is giving up fewer yards per carry than each of those teams.

With GP's 5-3 defense, each of PF's linemen are going to be forced to block GP's defensive linemen one on one. Those are matchups I'll take every day of the week. Their linebackers are free to fill the gaps on every play because opposing offensive linemen can't get to the second level. The only way PF stands a chance is to pass the ball. Unfortunately for them their averaging 2.3 yards per attempt. And that's assuming their line can give their quarterback time to get a pass off (GP has 86 sacks on the year).

With all that said, good luck. Your going to need it and then some.

Looks like no rain fri. night good news for football fans all over E tenn, the bad new for PF fans is Travis won't play Fri night.concussion in practice tue.Good new, mercy rule.Believe me everyone is disappointed about this, Gp wanted PF to bring thier A game.This is the 2nd time this year, is a concussion like a (break) it will happen more and more often.I know his team mates are not looking forward to facing GP alone.By alone I mean he punted, Kicked, and was 90 % of offense.Even thought GP's schedule has been tough the last few weeks and they could not look ahead this game was aways in the back of thier minds.GP fans have been hearing about No,2 all year and now won't get too see him play.His parents said he was throwing up tue. night and did'nt know who the president was.

TO the guy from Cosby, I am terribly sorry to have offended you with my comment. I guess I overlooked the fact that your 4 wins have come against Hancock Co. (0 wins), North Greene (0 wins), Chuckey-Doak (2 wins over NG and Hancock) and Cloudland (2 wins over NG and Hancock). My bad!!

As for Travis, he has played 3 games versus what I consider to be quality competition (AE, Fulton, and Gibbs). In those 3 games, he has rushed for 280 yards on 61 carries (4.6 yds per carry). Looking at the scores of these games, I am sure he gained some of that total against the 2s and 3s. That is an average of a respectable yet unspectacular 93 yards per game. Against the other teams on PFs less than stellar schedule, he has gained 1127 yards on 161 carries (7 yds per). These teams are a combined 15-40, with a lot of their wins against each other. That is 188 yards per game against bad defenses.

I have never seen this kid live, and he looks like a good little back. I just think we need to remember these facts before we enshrine him in Canton :lol:

TO the guy from Cosby, I am terribly sorry to have offended you with my comment. I guess I overlooked the fact that your 4 wins have come against Hancock Co. (0 wins), North Greene (0 wins), Chuckey-Doak (2 wins over NG and Hancock) and Cloudland (2 wins over NG and Hancock). My bad!!

As for Travis, he has played 3 games versus what I consider to be quality competition (AE, Fulton, and Gibbs). In those 3 games, he has rushed for 280 yards on 61 carries (4.6 yds per carry). Looking at the scores of these games, I am sure he gained some of that total against the 2s and 3s. That is an average of a respectable yet unspectacular 93 yards per game. Against the other teams on PFs less than stellar schedule, he has gained 1127 yards on 161 carries (7 yds per). These teams are a combined 15-40, with a lot of their wins against each other. That is 188 yards per game against bad defenses.

I have never seen this kid live, and he looks like a good little back. I just think we need to remember these facts before we enshrine him in Canton :roflol:

Like I said before jerk, we have played up, way up in our non-conference schedule. Three of those wins are against district opponents which I'm pretty sure you have to play. Nobody said that Travis was going to the HOF, they are proud of a kid that plays his guts out, and there is nothing wrong with that. Hes gettn 4.6 yards per tote against what you presume to be quality opponents, thats pretty good, that moves the chains every third carry, not bad against good defenses! :roflolk:

I have never seen this kid live, and he looks like a good little back. I just think we need to remember these facts before we enshrine him in Canton :roflol:

Like I said before jerk, we have played up, way up in our non-conference schedule. Three of those wins are against district opponents which I'm pretty sure you have to play. Nobody said that Travis was going to the HOF, they are proud of a kid that plays his guts out, and there is nothing wrong with that. Hes gettn 4.6 yards per tote against what you presume to be quality opponents, thats pretty good, that moves the chains every third carry, not bad against good defenses! :roflolk:

Do the rest of us a favor. You two take your fight somewhere else. GP v PF thread not Cosby.

Like I said before jerk, we have played up, way up in our non-conference schedule. Three of those wins are against district opponents which I'm pretty sure you have to play. Nobody said that Travis was going to the HOF, they are proud of a kid that plays his guts out, and there is nothing wrong with that. Hes gettn 4.6 yards per tote against what you presume to be quality opponents, thats pretty good, that moves the chains every third carry, not bad against good defenses! :D

No need for name calling, just pointing out the obvious. Cudos to you for scheduling up and playing a preety tough nonregion schedule (much tougher than PFs). However, my point is that other than a relatively close game against PF, you have been road kill :roflolk: in your other games, losing by double digits in all of them and by 20 or more in most. DON'T BE SO SENSITIVE!! I have never "downed" the kid, even said I thought he was good, just not DI or anything.