Sequoyah Chiefs vs Sweetwater Wildcats

dumdum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To attemt to answer your question for some unknown reason why I would even fool with you. I pick with my gut and how I feel I am not going to get on here and say they will win if I don't think they will I am not made that way. And I don't see how that has any effect on the team in any way. My opinion

WHY SHOULD I MAN UP TO A PERSON ACTING LIKE A CHILD.

Well i can't agree that it doesn't matter because the players read this,and i'm sure it makes them feel good.But hey you did answer.But i would say you are hurting the program by doing that.Maybe i'm the only one.I don't think i have ever went against SEQ.on here even though i may have had the same gut feeling you did.

Now you have answered 2 out of 3 questions that i have asked.Not telling you to tell who you are just asking you to give another excuse or man up.See the following excuses you have gave above which have no effect anymore and i might add that you have said your not scared of me or DR.DAVE so lets here a new excuse or man up.You see i think your afraid that people may not feel like you do and may get on you a little bit for the things you have said or you really may be just a little more scared then you have let on.And if the majority is with you then the 1st part shouldn;t be a problem.I think when the rubber meets the road theres alot more you are not telling us and by giving up your true name the truth will come out and it will make you less, then you already are.

The problem with football is not the coaching it is the tallent and right now we are not very good. (Quote earlier Post) I will continue to stand behind this staff cause one thing this team needs is stabilty.(Endquote)

My apologies in advance to the readers of this topic for the length of this post.

Mr. Knocker, I have no idea who you are, nor do I care. Your discourses with Dr. Dave and Red Nation have, in the past, mostly been about "parents" coaching, which types of offense/defense are better and just general ugly bantering. But your above remarks have made me so angry that I am compelled to respond to you.

First, let me say that the following comments should not be taken as a bashing of the current coaching staff. I know most of them very well and they care about these boys and Sequoyah Football. Some of them have been instrumental in getting my son back on the field, and demanding that certain of the older players (including my son) set an example for and push the younger players to learn and play with enthusiasm, drive and just plain hard work.I can tell you first hand that some of this coaching has been done by "constuctive" but forceful yelling and punishment for lack of effort or missing practices/weight room time, etc. But every Head Coach and his staff have different ways of getting their team to win and discipline is usually a necessary part of that

What I don't understand is how you can say that you stand behind "this staff" because the team needs "stability". Sequoyah's team was 4 and 6 last year and almost made the playoffs, with a makeshift staff thrown together at the last minute because of the ugly events that preceded the season. Granted, there were several seniors on that team who made a great impact. But a good part of the reason that they were able to perform well, was a solid offensive line and a defense which improved to the point that they could stop almost any other team, by the end of the year. Both were manned mostly by juniors and sophomores who were taught by the previous coaching staff and alot of those same offensive and defensive plays were used last year. These same starting players made the decision to go back out to practice and convince most of the other players (who were not going to play), that they were still a team, no matter who the coaches were, even though every one of them was angry at the events that lead up to the loss of their prior coaching staff. These boys DO HAVE TALENT and GUTS and DRIVE, and TEAM SPIRIT and HEART in spite of what most of them have been through. We all agree that we need coaching stability for our Chiefs, but stability doesn't mean much when you go from 4-6 the first year to 0-10 the next. IMO this season's disaster was a direct result of the staff's complete change in the offense and defensive game plan, moving some seasoned players out of positions where they had been the key to making the team work well, instead of trying to fill those spots, left by the graduating class, with up and coming players who were willing to work hard to learn, practice and mesh with the prior year's players in those positions.

The problem this year was not the lack of talent, but the misuse of it. Imposing an offense on a team that does not have the weight, height, speed or depth to execute it, putting players in positions that they were not suited for and leaving players on the sidelines who just needed some game experience to show that they did belong on the field were just some of the problems this year. Most of these boys still played with everything they had, even though their "supporters" basically abandoned them halfway through the season. Coaches are supposed to be stern and even get angry sometimes if their team is not executing the plays or not holding the offensive line,missing tackles or dropping passes, but there is absolutely NO reason for them to be telling them at halftime or on bus rides home or Monday meetings that they are all just terrible players and will never win a game OR that this was just a rebuilding year (the seniors really loved that one). That method worked out really well, didn't it! I cannot even begin to describe to you how upset, disappointed and dejected the 12 seniors are for not winning even one game. And it is not the talent of their fellow players they are upset with. And how many people stayed around for the final senior run at the end of Senior night? Did these boys play for Sequoyah for 4 years (most of them) just to be greeted by and shown appreciation for by only their parents and a few dedicated football alumni? Even some of the coaches left before the final senior picture was taken!Talk about kicking 'em when they're down.

If you think the "stability" of the staff is going to fix the "not so very good" then you must think we have a whole pile of superstars waiting in the wings of the youth programs. While that could be the case, the "not so very good" (and even some of the very good) will not even show up next year and that would be a shame for the athletes, parents and all the other fans of Sequoyah, who just want to have fun playing and watching some good old "Friday Night Football". Red Nation is right. The players do read these boards and comments like yours only make them feel worse than they already do. My unsolicted suggestion to you is that you try supporting and encouraging the Sequoyah Chiefs, in good times and in bad.

The problem with football is not the coaching it is the tallent and right now we are not very good. (Quote earlier Post) I will continue to stand behind this staff cause one thing this team needs is stabilty.(Endquote)

My apologies in advance to the readers of this topic for the length of this post.

Mr. Knocker, I have no idea who you are, nor do I care. Your discourses with Dr. Dave and Red Nation have, in the past, mostly been about "parents" coaching, which types of offense/defense are better and just general ugly bantering. But your above remarks have made me so angry that I am compelled to respond to you.

First, let me say that the following comments should not be taken as a bashing of the current coaching staff. I know most of them very well and they care about these boys and Sequoyah Football. Some of them have been instrumental in getting my son back on the field, and demanding that certain of the older players (including my son) set an example for and push the younger players to learn and play with enthusiasm, drive and just plain hard work.I can tell you first hand that some of this coaching has been done by "constuctive" but forceful yelling and punishment for lack of effort or missing practices/weight room time, etc. But every Head Coach and his staff have different ways of getting their team to win and discipline is usually a necessary part of that

What I don't understand is how you can say that you stand behind "this staff" because the team needs "stability". Sequoyah's team was 4 and 6 last year and almost made the playoffs, with a makeshift staff thrown together at the last minute because of the ugly events that preceded the season. Granted, there were several seniors on that team who made a great impact. But a good part of the reason that they were able to perform well, was a solid offensive line and a defense which improved to the point that they could stop almost any other team, by the end of the year. Both were manned mostly by juniors and sophomores who were taught by the previous coaching staff and alot of those same offensive and defensive plays were used last year. These same starting players made the decision to go back out to practice and convince most of the other players (who were not going to play), that they were still a team, no matter who the coaches were, even though every one of them was angry at the events that lead up to the loss of their prior coaching staff. These boys DO HAVE TALENT and GUTS and DRIVE, and TEAM SPIRIT and HEART in spite of what most of them have been through. We all agree that we need coaching stability for our Chiefs, but stability doesn't mean much when you go from 4-6 the first year to 0-10 the next. IMO this season's disaster was a direct result of the staff's complete change in the offense and defensive game plan, moving some seasoned players out of positions where they had been the key to making the team work well, instead of trying to fill those spots, left by the graduating class, with up and coming players who were willing to work hard to learn, practice and mesh with the prior year's players in those positions.

The problem this year was not the lack of talent, but the misuse of it. Imposing an offense on a team that does not have the weight, height, speed or depth to execute it, putting players in positions that they were not suited for and leaving players on the sidelines who just needed some game experience to show that they did belong on the field were just some of the problems this year. Most of these boys still played with everything they had, even though their "supporters" basically abandoned them halfway through the season. Coaches are supposed to be stern and even get angry sometimes if their team is not executing the plays or not holding the offensive line,missing tackles or dropping passes, but there is absolutely NO reason for them to be telling them at halftime or on bus rides home or Monday meetings that they are all just terrible players and will never win a game OR that this was just a rebuilding year (the seniors really loved that one). That method worked out really well, didn't it! I cannot even begin to describe to you how upset, disappointed and dejected the 12 seniors are for not winning even one game. And it is not the talent of their fellow players they are upset with. And how many people stayed around for the final senior run at the end of Senior night? Did these boys play for Sequoyah for 4 years (most of them) just to be greeted by and shown appreciation for by only their parents and a few dedicated football alumni? Even some of the coaches left before the final senior picture was taken!Talk about kicking 'em when they're down.

If you think the "stability" of the staff is going to fix the "not so very good" then you must think we have a whole pile of superstars waiting in the wings of the youth programs. While that could be the case, the "not so very good" (and even some of the very good) will not even show up next year and that would be a shame for the athletes, parents and all the other fans of Sequoyah, who just want to have fun playing and watching some good old "Friday Night Football". Red Nation is right. The players do read these boards and comments like yours only make them feel worse than they already do. My unsolicted suggestion to you is that you try supporting and encouraging the Sequoyah Chiefs, in good times and in bad.

Amen!

I'm right there with you Aurorasports. I am all about playing talented young players and building for the future. Unfortunately, I am not about totally disregarding the seniors that have wore themselves out for 4 years in the weight room and on the field for 3 different coaching staffs.

Not only did some of the coaches make a mass exidous on the seniors after the last home game, they have been doing it to them the entire season despite statistics and performance. Only two backs have averaged over 5 yards a carry for the Chiefs the entire season, both seniors, and neither one of them saw the ball the last 3-4 games. I'm no expert, but when you have 2 guys avg 5 yds/carry and they carry the ball half as much as a group avg'ing 2 or 3 yards a carry, that can explain some offensive woes. Not that I don't think they should carry it every time, but at least the same amount as the other backs in the offense. One of them blocked his behind off while younger players carried the ball into the end zone against Sweetwater. He was just as happy to see them get into the end zone as he would have had it been him.

I agree that these kids do have tallent, guts, and determination it is just misused or not used at all.

I agree that they should be stern and hard on the kids as well. But if you are told that you aren't any good, eventually, you might start believing it and that is just wrong in my book.

I hope these young men are not that fragile, they should not care how many people come out and watch, stay for their senior run, and so on they should be out there cause they absolutely love the game and love to hit someone.

You're joking, right! :thumb: These "young men" are anything but fragile. You must have been so excited by the "changes" that were made 2 years ago, that you either didn't know or didn't care how all the players felt about what went on. Did you know that the entire team was going to refuse to play in 2008? Did you know that a small group of Varsity (then) juniors and a few sophomores met off campus to discusss what to do about the situation? Did you know that this group, who would be the leaders of the team in 2008 decided to play because 1. THEY LOVED THE GAME 2. They loved playing for their school 3. They wanted to set a good example for their teamates and 4. They wanted to show their departed coaches that they were not quitters and that they would continue to work hard, play hard to the best of their ability and continue to exhibit the discipline, respect and good sportsmanship that they had been taught by those coaches.

"They shouldn't care" whether or not their student peers, parents, alumnae and supporters of Sequoyah Football appreciate their efforts, win or lose? Has it occured to you that they play as a TEAM for School PRIDE and SPIRIT (this is Friday Night Football country after all!), not just for an individual desire to have the most running yeards, passing yards or tackles. Do you go to these games? Have you ever seen these players exhorting the crowd to stand up, yell, and stamp their feet by waving their arms in front of the stands? They don't do this because they want individual accolades. They do it because they are pumped up by a good play, a touchdown or the need for a goal line stand and yes, the players on the field and the sideline hope that some of their "love of the game" will be supported and acknowledged by the fans. It's pretty hard to play all out when the fans don't respond to the band playing or the cheerleaders cheering or get excited about any play on the field except for a long run or a touchdown or a quarterback sack. Would you play an individual sport, let alone a team sport where nobody cared how you performed?

The entire Sequoyah community should be PROUD of this team for going out on the field and playing hard and with the hope of winning every week, loss after loss after loss. By the end of the season, all this team wanted to do was beat Sweetwater. Unfortunately, even that didn't happen. You may think this team didn't have much talent, but they did have CHARACTER amd TEAM PRIDE. They DO CARE and to call them FRAGILE is just plain insulting!!

And yes, my son is a senior and I couldn't be more proud of him, even if the team had won all of its games.

I think part of the problem is people not forgetting about 2008, you folks need to move past that and go somewhere count to ten or scream and then come back and never let that back in your thoughts. It will continue to hold the program back.

Now I know you are mad and by being mad at me it can turn your frustations away from our coaching staff. I believe they played hard every week and did so with pride and character and for their school. They could have easily folded in the towel and quit but they never did. I never said they did't want to win it was obvious they did. But, here you go get furious again this team was just not very tallented and missed the skill positions from 2008 more than we all realized they would. That is just a fact. Sorry some don't like that.

I guess I will be signing off for a while til people can handle the truth.

Making a prediction is simply that, a prediction I want UT to win every week but sometimes I pick against them. The problem with football is not the coaching it is the tallent and right now we are not very good. People may not like that including me, but that is the truth. You are starting to bore me. You sound like a broken record.

I am moving forward you should try it.

* Edit post

* Report this post

DrDave

Competitor

Re: Mcminn Central vs SQHS

Postby DrDave » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:32 pm

trlgirl wrote:You know dr dave, you just don't get it. I've read yours posts for the past several years now and "listened" to all you have to say and think you know. And honestly, no one cares. Get over it!! There comes a time when you just have to let things go.

* Report this post

trlgirl

Camper

Postby trlgirl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:13 pm

slobber knocker wrote:Hey, just wondering what everybody thought about the Notre Dame game, I thought there was good effort, and that is one that they should have won. Notre Dame was a physical football team especially on defense and I was glad that we were not intimidated. There are a few little things that are still holding this team back and hopefully they can get it turned around. I am still disappointed in some of the play calling sometimes it looks really good and other times I have flashbacks from last year. The game against East Ridge could be the one where we finally get you no who in the endzone.

[trlgirl responds/b]

After what those boys have been through with the coaching changes these past few years, and especially with what I??™ve heard they went through the past two years, I get the feeling that they don??™t think they can win. I saw a lot of heart from them on Friday night when they were walking back to the locker room, heads hung low. They truly looked disappointed because they gave their all, which was apparent during the game. But I know that with the current coaching staff, that given time they can turn this program around. I just hate the seniors won??™t be around to reap the benefits. Webb had a great game carrying the ball and it surprised me that the coaches didn??™t use him more, especially in the fourth quarter and in over-time. But, I do hope that they continue to use him in the future, with his speed and Bower??™s strength they really will and already do make a difference. My fear, however, is that they along with other seniors are being overlooked since they won??™t be there next year.

There are a lot of feathers flocked together here! It is nice on the lake this time of year :ph34r:

You see when slobber had a kid playing it was all different. He blamed the coaches for certain kids not being dedicated and team players, it was the coaches fault they didn't achieve because of favoritism. Now it is great coaching and lack of talent. Now as later he has no concern for the team just what he

and few of his friends wanted for THERE KIDS. He has no concern for your kids or there feelings just promoting his agenda. He hides behind a computer and calls kids out and embarrasses them that tells you all you need to know. Sure he wants everyone to move on so he can continue to hide. BTW slobber came up to coach Gregory at the Sweetwater game and told him "Hey I just want you to know I am not slobberknocker!" Everybody thought that was hilarious! Aurora and windchase you have got great kids as are the rest of the kids I know on that team. It killed me to see them go through what they went through this year, actually words cant even start to describe it, you get very close to kids you coach kinda like your own,you hurt when they hurt and cry along with them when you need to. Some people though,,,,,sadly enough got EXACTLY what THEY wanted, and for them and they all know(as do all of you) in there hearts it was never ever about the kids , just personal vendettas and agendas. Yeah I would want everyone to move on too. Those that truly care about ALL the kids "AIN'T FORGITTIN"

Well Slobber i can tell you i don't want bad things for this team ,no matter whos coaching.I support those kids to the end.Thats why i put in 3 years which was alot of time and got paid 0.I bet you haven't even put in 1 full day.

And we need to call you wind dancer,because you dance around every question and your full of hot air.

You still haven't answered why you won't tell who you are,the excuses that you gave in the past ,that i have posted on this thread are now out the window.Could it be ,those were just excuses from what the truth really is.You can tell its personal with you ,thats not hard to see.So quit danceing.

And to get on here and say this team as no tallent,then you haven't been around them much,because they do.I for one am proud of them.

You can tell you no longer have a kid on this team because you wouldn't say it had no tallent if yours were still there.

So come on man up or give another excuse.WIND DANCER.

TRLGIRL COME BY AND SEE ME,BEFORE I CALL YOU.I'M NOT UPSET YOUR A GREAT LADY,JUST THINK YOU HAVE BEEN RAILROADED.

I think part of the problem is people not forgetting about 2008, you folks need to move past that and go somewhere count to ten or scream and then come back and never let that back in your thoughts. It will continue to hold the program back.

Now I know you are mad and by being mad at me it can turn your frustations away from our coaching staff. I believe they played hard every week and did so with pride and character and for their school. They could have easily folded in the towel and quit but they never did. I never said they did't want to win it was obvious they did. But, here you go get furious again this team was just not very tallented and missed the skill positions from 2008 more than we all realized they would. That is just a fact. Sorry some don't like that.

I guess I will be signing off for a while til people can handle the truth.

Another exsample of talking out of both sides of your mouth.In earlier posts 'and if you all want to read them before he goes and erase them hes good at that' you made a statment when Gregory was hired as ad ,that anyone would be better then the ad we had,and then you list that same preivous ad as a great coach that you would take over anyone.DANCE DANCE DANCE.

You just say whats best for you at the time.DANCE DANCE DANCE

And you have never answered if it was good or not getting on here and picking against your on program.You said why you did,but not if it was a good thing or not.DANCE DANCE DANCE