2009 State tournament bracket error!

VolleyballMonitor

Wow, great point Orcat. I didn't realize that Middle Tenn has struggled so much. Let's take a look at this. As for Chattanooga, I completely agree. I don't consider them East Tennessee. They are there own volleyball power down there. We see a lot of them up here in Nashville.

So if we don't get to count Page and Brentwood, then....

Take Farragut and Anderson County out of Knox

Take South and DB out of Tri City.

Siegel has won as much as DB, Karns, and Farragut and they have only been open for 6-7 years.

Siegel--3 districts, 4 regions, 4 Sectional. So yes, they have won a couple of games.

Ravenwood and Centenial would have won just about every other district in the state last year.

So Brentwood (8), Father Ryan, (4), University School of Nash (4) Page (4), Harpeth Hall (2), Greenbrier (2), Hume Fogg, Glencliff, David Lipscomp and Indy all one a piece. I understand that Page and Brentwwod doesn't count, but just for arguement....I will include them.

Let's take a look at Knoxville---Anderson County (1) , South Doyle (1)

Upper East TN--South (3)

No results....BTW, send me that Poll that we made up. I have never seen a Volleyball poll?

AS for those teams being better then most Nashville teams....I agree 100%. Most Nashville teams arent too good.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it now Karns beats Ravenwood in 3. Way to much bias on here (not earned) for middle TN. If you take Brentwood and Page out of the equation ET has better volleyball. Sullivan South; DB; Anderson County; Farragut; Red Bank; East Ridge, GPS, Baylor and Ooltewah are always great and better than most Nashville teams. However, on here the nashville posters make up polls and puff chests.

Has siegel ever won anything? What about Rvenwood?

Karns and DB will be in the finals!

ORCAT -- I never thought I would see you supporting Karns, but we really appreciate it :lol: . No predictions from me. At this point, we go to Murfreesboro and see who comes out on top.

Best of luck to all the teams!

A special Good Luck Wish to our neighbors -- Grace Christian Academy.

Go Lady Beavers!!

[quote name="bb317

PS Page is not in the top 5 in Middle Tennessee! Rwood' date=' Father Ryan, Inde, Brentwood, Siegel, Ensworth, are all better[/quote]

Well, bb317, if you check our schedule you will see that Page beat Indy twice, Brentwood once, Siegel once, but I guess you're talking about AAA and Div. II-AA as who cares about AA schools. Oh yea, we beat Father Ryan at their tournament, but whose counting.

Good luck to Father Ryan..

Coach V2, glad you got on here. Don't let this fire you up too much. Orcat has now applied you for the OR job and made you State Champion in one night. You can handle both but wanted your approval before you left Knoxville Thursday. I have never thought of CAT being your friend. Be careful on your way to the Boro. :lol: . And before this goes too far, Page although a AA school in student population, is just like any AAA school as far as VB is concerned and needs to be in a AAA District. They consistantly play that well. Those around Knoxville think the same of Anderson. Now we've got CoachV2 and the pageman stirred up as a kickoff to the State. Great Drama.

Coach V2, glad you got on here. Don't let this fire you up too much. Orcat has now applied you for the OR job and made you State Champion in one night. You can handle both but wanted your approval before you left Knoxville Thursday. I have never thought of CAT being your friend. Be careful on your way to the Boro. :roflol: . And before this goes too far, Page although a AA school in student population, is just like any AAA school as far as VB is concerned and needs to be in a AAA District. They consistantly play that well. Those around Knoxville think the same of Anderson. Now we've got CoachV2 and the pageman stirred up as a kickoff to the State. Great Drama.

PHargis, you are mistaken. I am NOT the Karns coach, but a former ref, player, coach and current fan. You are right, the Karns family has never thought of ORCAT as a friend, but we appreciate her support this week.

ORCAT -- it's highly doubtful that Coach Kynette Williams will want to leave Karns even for Farragut or OR. She'll have 5 returning starters off this team.

GO LADY BEAVERS!

Interesting and the saga goes on and it sounds now that there are now a lot of differemt coaches that may be throwing their hat in the ring for the OR or Farragut jobs. As an afterthought, I'm sure the players at Karns are wondering what is going on with their coach with all of this comment gong on. It can't help the situation there but maybe it was not meant to be so.

[quote name="bb317

PS Page is not in the top 5 in Middle Tennessee! Rwood' date=' Father Ryan, Inde, Brentwood, Siegel, Ensworth, are all better[/quote]

Well, bb317, if you check our schedule you will see that Page beat Indy twice, Brentwood once, Siegel once, but I guess you're talking about AAA and Div. II-AA as who cares about AA schools. Oh yea, we beat Father Ryan at their tournament, but whose counting.

Good luck to Father Ryan..

PM

No disrespect at all intended, simply trying to correct the notion that bwood and page were the only two worthy teams in MId Tennessee!!! I AM rooting for your great team this weekend.... you know that setter of yours is near and dear to us!!!

bb317, you know I will be watching with interest in how FR and Siegel do with your vested-interests in both teams. Good luck to your daughters as I know they will do well.

Thank you sir Just want them to do their best right!! It is such a great wonderful STRESSFUL time... HAHA

Clifford, why no love for Karns? Also, Oak Ridge and Karns have had really big battles the last three years. Oak Ridge was better last year, Karns this year. Credit where credit is due, Karns was the best Knoxville area team this season and I think they will beat Ravenwood in the first round, and I don't think it will be an upset. I pull for our Region!

Also, I think you will see a major coaching change after the tournament. Yes, Karns has some good players coming up next year, but the year after and the year after that Harding Valley (which is brand new) will kill them because of the zoning. Karns got treated bad by Knox county. It will affect all Karns sports, and all the coaches know it. The Karns coach is a really good coach, but she has to look 5-10 years down the road. The Farragur job and the Oak Ridge job are both open NOW. They won't be open the year after next.

Coaches move. Does anyone think Urban Meyer or Nick Sabian or even Kiffen will be at their schools 5 years from now?

Oak Ridge pays 5 to 6 times what Karns pays, and has an unlimited pool of female athletes, and a new 55 million dollar facility. Farragut has a huge talent pool, and won't be hurt by Hardin Valley. Over the last 25 years it is second only to Anderson County in prestige. Both schools will want established coaches, and will PAY to get them. There is nothing wrong about a coach wanting to move to a better job. If you do well, you should be rewarded.

The Karns coach and the Catholic coach could both move up to a better job. In the Knoxville area the only job that pays more, and is more prestigious than Farragut and Oak Ridge, is Anderson County, and with all of their ex players and coaches they won't go outside their family tree.

I did not mean this as a slam, but a great opportunity. It was a surprise that these 2 jobs opened up. There is no one waiting in the wings, and knowing these schools they want established coaches that can win right now. They won't hire someone with no experience. An OR teaching and coaching package will start at over 60 thousand and could reach 70 thousand. OR is a wealthy school system.

Farragut can pay more than any county school and will because they value volleyball. Both schools will allow the coach to bring an asst, and will support and welcome a private club. The Karns and Catholic coaches both run clubs. Put them in those 2 community's and they could add another 30-50,000 to their package.

I think their will be a move. The Catholic coach is most likely, but Karns would not be a surprise.

Hey, I would love for Karns to beat R-wood. That would be incredible. I was just illustrating how middle tenn has a pretty good thing going over here. I am really really happy for Karns. It would do a lot for knoxville volleyball if someone over there could win a championship. I was hoping that Farraguts coach would get a shot. If I had my wish, it would be Karns VS Siegel in the finals...unfortunatley that isn't going to happen probably. If Siegel can get passed Indy in the first round..they have a good shot to get to the winners bracket final...then they will play DB to go to the championship and play Ravenwood. My gut tells me it will R-wood and DB in the finals. Ravenwood in three....maybe 4.

I am curious as to why Oak Ridge doesn't make runs in volleyball? I think that would be a program that could be taken to this next level. What do you think ORCAT? Does AC get most of the volleyball talent?

I respect 20's opinion but every match will be difficult no matter the round. independence, while graduating a lot last year, is defending State Champion. Ooltewah is playing the best Volleyball of the year. Losing the first round just throws the loser against a very hard opponent. There is no easy way thru these Brackets. Crowd support will mean a lot. Experience will go a long way.

In the lower bracket, nothing is being said about Collierville. Collierville is capable of beating anyone of the bottom bracket teams, Their play at Mid Tenn was impressive, in fact, the best of this year.

Their counterpart, Houston, in the top bracket, has a lot of potential and can beat anyone. A slow starter in any one of these matches is at a disadvantage,

In every Division, just to get to the State isan achievement. Now it DOES take a little luck and motivation to get to the finals.

Announcements