Sequatchie at McMinn Central

Indian

Good luck tonight to both teams. However, Chargers need to watch what they wish for. Polk has been rolling and it wasnt just against Central. You hurt yourself with a lot of penalites but the only scores you had were on a botched reverse that gave you the ball in the red zone and on a good pass play on 3rd and 41 which should have never happened but other than that the offense went no where.

Maybe you will both meet up again in round 2 and one or the other (Polk) will be into round 3.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will not be a blowout and both of these teams will be serious contenders in playoffs next week.

Sequatchie will not be a serious contender, Bledsoe will not be a serious contender, and it depends on who central gets round one whether or not they win a game in the playoffs.

I agree, doc.

I must agree not taking anything away from either team, cause they're both having great years, but the competition isnt there. Sequatchie has one win over a team with a winning record (Marion 6-4) other than that nobody. They did win the games like they r suppose to but that doesnt give the players the experience of a playoff game. Tonight will show wheter or not Sequatchie makes a run into the playoffs.

Neither team has wins over quality opponents. Sequatchie did beat Marion (6-4) and Central beat Kinhston (5-5 after tonight). In their losses Central has played better competition but got blew out in 2 of those three losses. I think this game will be a great one to watch.

i take a stand for my chargers and at the same time i see where same of you come in with your arguments...but like i said before dont pass judgement on those blow out games and im not sayin we could come close to bein toe to toe with alcoa but at the same time if we seen polk again whos a great competitor, I think we could play a whole lot better if we could ever get our penalty issues under control...

but tonight as far as athletes go on either side of the ball i think my chargers have the upperhand with rayle,ragland,walker,johnson,simpson,moss,guy,stiles,king and some others...but like i said in one post earlier i also havent heard if sequatchie has any quality athletes besides the two rb's ive seen

so if you know of any enlighten me plz...

(with penalties)MC-37 SQ-21 (without) MC-37 SQ-17

one more thing has sequatchie had any problems with penalty's and yards against

I hope people don't take what I wrote earlier & think I was saying Sequatchie can beat Alcoa, What I said was they would sure know we were there, it truely don't think it would be a blowout mercy rule game but head to head, yes would would get beat by Alcoa. I think some Central fans might be in for a little suprise this friday, these kids are ready to play friday night & like I said earlier, Coach Barger & our Indians WILL NOT LAY DOWN FOR AYNBODY!!! If you beat us you will earn it just ask the people that have beat us this year. I hope we get through this game injury free & I hope we have a good run in the playoff's as this community is ready for that. Central has probally played tougher opponets but only because of how weak Notre Dame, & Christian are this year. I look foward to friday night & say my indians come home with a big upset in true Purple & Gold Fashion!

If you hold your breath waiting on that upset your face may turn purple and you'll have gold stripes in your undies! :roflolk:

Central is annihilating Sequatchie!!!

Sequatchie moved the ball at times even before Central pulled the starters. They went from the 20 to the 20 on the last drive of the first half before missing a field goal, drove 80 yards at the start of the second half to make it a 20-10 game. Chargers were still the stronger team. The wind was a big factor with whoever having it getting a big advantage. I was disappointed in Central's coach calling Sequatchie's staff "trashy" on the radio after the game for scoring in the fourth quarter with starters, and he seemed especially mad it seemed, that Sequatchie made the 2 point conversion to cut it to a 16 point game. 2 TD, 2 2-point conversions late, unlikely but not impossible with the onside kick possibility. I'm sure they wanted to finish the regular season strong with the playoffs beginning next week and nobody forced Central to sub-and they might have scored more against the starters anyway as they had moved the ball to an extent as I said. Sequatchie loses some good seniors but will return quite a few players who've done well this year, maybe Central can have another crew come in from the likes of Meigs, Sequoyah and McMinn County to fill in any voids caused by graduation.

Final 41-25 Central.

It was very tacky for the SC coach to leave all of his starters in (Off. & Def) after Central sent in the JV & freshman. Maybe the first series after they came in, but the whole time and to go for two on them....really? If the SC back-ups was doing it more power to them but, the starters against freshman?!?! That was pitiful display just to stay out of the mercy rule. Central was up 41-10 at the time. After they scored 2 cheap TD's MC put the starters in to finish it. I was glad MC was trying to score at the end after that.

if goodin left the starters in, he could have named the score in this one.

Agree! Talked to someone who went to the game and they said Sequatchie wasn't in Central's league at all. What was it, 41-10 at the end of the 3rd qtr.? :lol:

And some Sequatchie fans think they could give Alcoa a good game? :excl:

if goodin left the starters in, he could have named the score in this one.

Agree! Talked to someone who went to the game and they said Sequatchie wasn't in Central's league at all. What was it, 41-10 at the end of the 3rd qtr.? :lol:

And some Sequatchie fans think they could give Alcoa a good game? :excl:

could have put sixty on the board.

just want to throw this one out there...josh moss played like an eric berry on offense tonight. was it three td's or four? and a pic? good blocks set up for him tonight and good throws from rayl. great all around performance, but man...moss lit it up tonight!