Sequatchie at McMinn Central

Indian

When are we going to let the Bledsoe game go this does no one any good. I don't like loosing to them any more than anyone else, but we need to focus on Central this week and no one else. Central will be the best team we have faced to date and we need the win to help get a good seed. Having said that, loosing want break our season either.

bratt22, you said last season that you didn't like having to play Central the last game of the year....and now its here....do you still feel the same way?......i'm sure you were just worried about the chance of players getting hurt late in the season.......Central is a good team.....better than alot think.....should be a good game.

jh, my reasons were going on the road a fair peace the last game and possible having to go on the road the following week for the playoffs. The other reason was such a quality opponent, Central is a good solid program and play physical. Having said that, I feel we have a better team that what I thought we would have when I said that. The latter reason baring injuries, will certainly prepare us for the playoffs. So to answer your question, yes, but it is what it is. And yes it should be a good game, I hope they don't decide to play it Thursday, because playing on Thursday night's just don't feel the same. Rain just adds to the excitement, but from the coaches perspective, they would like it to be dry :thumb: .

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beggining of the week I was hoping for SC to win and tryin to give them some pointers on how to contain central. After reading some of the arrogant posts from purptothebone I just switched my vote over. I have disliked central for along time but now I think that I can't stand SC. So i hope MC unloads on you guys, you better be able to defend the pass cause MC doesn't just run one bootleg like Bledsoe did. Good luck chargers take care of those boys from the valley.

When are we going to let the Bledsoe game go this does no one any good. I don't like loosing to them any more than anyone else, but we need to focus on Central this week and no one else. Central will be the best team we have faced to date and we need the win to help get a good seed. Having said that, loosing want break our season either.

bratt22, you said last season that you didn't like having to play Central the last game of the year....and now its here....do you still feel the same way?......i'm sure you were just worried about the chance of players getting hurt late in the season.......Central is a good team.....better than alot think.....should be a good game.

jh, my reasons were going on the road a fair peace the last game and possible having to go on the road the following week for the playoffs. The other reason was such a quality opponent, Central is a good solid program and play physical. Having said that, I feel we have a better team that what I thought we would have when I said that. The latter reason baring injuries, will certainly prepare us for the playoffs. So to answer your question, yes, but it is what it is. And yes it should be a good game, I hope they don't decide to play it Thursday, because playing on Thursday night's just don't feel the same. Rain just adds to the excitement, but from the coaches perspective, they would like it to be dry :thumb: .

My veiws are quite diffrent. I think Seq Co. is a soild program themselves. I put my hats off to Coach Barger and staff for scheduleing a game like this before the playoffs. MCminn did the same thing scheduleing Alcoa. These are the types of teams you play in the playoffs and if the Indians win(which i think they will) it could jumpstart a deep playoff run. Also, i dont see why people say its the best team you guys have played all year,maybe best Athletes, but not best team. Nobody has ran the Indians off the field all year, they have been in every game. I dont see why friday will be any Diffrent. Mcminn talks about polk wearing out SP but the fact is that got wore out by them to. Its the worst margin of deafet on their schedule. Some fans need to have a little faith in their programs and coaches. Look when a whole community bought into what a coach was doing last year. It got Marion to the semis, you just have to belive and have confidence. The Indians have a very good chance of winning this game and I think their team will be fired up to prove not only to Mcminn but it seems still to their community that they can win. Be careful on what you post about the young men on these boards, because if you dont think they read this stuff. Your wrong. Best of luck to both teams. Indians by 6!

At the beggining of the week I was hoping for SC to win and tryin to give them some pointers on how to contain central. After reading some of the arrogant posts from purptothebone I just switched my vote over. I have disliked central for along time but now I think that I can't stand SC. So i hope MC unloads on you guys, you better be able to defend the pass cause MC doesn't just run one bootleg like Bledsoe did. Good luck chargers take care of those boys from the valley.

Dont be bias and think the whole community is like Purple2the bone. I have spent some time in Seq Co. and they have some of the respectful and nicest fans around. Bootleg and Dropback are two diffrent things my friend, Bootleg is more effective it freezes the LB.

Kinda unfair to hate S.C. because of how one fan believes in our team so strongly.

Calm down jh, time for a moderator to calm some people down huh :thumb: .

FridayNightJunkie, what did I say in my prevous post that would suggest I don't have confidence in our team? And Central scheduled their game with Alcoa the second to last week of the season and not the last. I don't have a problem playing them, I just would have liked to have played them a week earlier but there wasn't anyway. Like I said it is what it is. I just don't get on here and predict we are going to beat someone by 15, 20 points, when I know the players read these post.

If you were to talk to any Polk fan they would tell you that a Central vs. Polk game would be a lot closer if they were to play again. That was a weird game. Don't get me wrong Polk is a solid team, I would love to see that rematch.

We could say the same thing about all 3 losses this season, but past games makes no difference. What matters is what each team does Friday night.

Kinda unfair to hate S.C. because of how one fan believes in our team so strongly.

bratt22 you know i have respect for Sequatchie County Football.....and Chad...you know this...i always pull for Valley teams as long as we aren't playing them.....good luck to both teams.... :angry:

bratt22 you know i have respect for Sequatchie County Football.....and Chad...you know this...i always pull for Valley teams as long as we aren't playing them.....good luck to both teams.... :angry:

By calm down I was refering to what PTB said about not playing football, jh.

I see my reply's got removed, & for whatever reason I must have been in the wrong & I apoligize. I want everyone to know I am a true Sequatchie County Indian, born here, raised here & so are my Kids. My Boys play for the little leauge team & I would never do anything intentionally to HURT SEQUATCHIE FOOTBALL. If you have lived here for a while you know what our program fell to before Barger came, but guess what? "WERE BACK BABY", I am very, very proud of the fact that Coach Barger has us back to what we was when I played ball & that is contending for the district Championship each & every year. As for my comments about some Bledsoe people, true as they were I can see whaere some might say innoproperiate but that's just the whole Pikeville vs Dunlap rivalry, if Bledsoe don't get you blood pumpin, chances are your a move in...lol.... As for Friday night, I believe we can & WILL play with anyone in the state & we will show this friday night. Do I think we can line up & beat Alcoa???????? Well I am not going to answer that but I do believe Alcoa would know they were in a 12 ROUND HEAVYWEIGHT FIGHT if we play them as our kids don't lay down for anyone!!!!!

Sequatchie 31

McMinn 14