Sequatchie at McMinn Central

Indian

Alcoa, McMinn County and Polk are better than any Sequatchie has played so it's not a good comparison on M Central losing to them. It will take cutting out all or virtually all of the unforced mistakes, such as turning over the ball to the opponent at the own 2 yard line, fumble return for a score, dropped TD passes but if they can do so Sequatchie should have a good shot. Making it tougher, for the fans who don't know, it will be the first time of the season Sequatchie won't have a significant advantage at kicker.

Indian you have a very tallented kicker. Every player has their best and not so good games. You never know when that will happen. But they are kids...it happens. Obviously I hope it doesn't happen to our kicker, Jamin Godfrey, on Friday. He's done somethings different this season compared to last season.

Last season 91% of his kickoffs went in or beyond the endzone. This season he's been working on hang time vs distance. He's been focusing on punts and field goals. He has made two 50 yd field goals. He attempted a 57 yd, but was just a little wide. He was however kicking in the wind and it was raining. So far he's about 60% in the endzone. Those that don't make to the endzone go within the 10. Since he's only been kicking 2 seasons he's still working on his technique. Lord willing he'll get to kick in college and a kicking coach will help him with the rough edges.

You're kicker has been at it longer than Jamin. I wish both well in their future careers. But because Jamin is my boy...I'll have to root for him on Friday. :lol:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. The last time some of our Seq. fans got on here talking trash we lost to Bledsoe. No matter how we lost we lost. Trash talking is a detriment to the team, because every one of the players at some point reads this crap. MC will be the toughest opponent we have faced all year. It will take a flawless game to pull out a win Friday. I have been worried about this game the minute Seq. scheduled this game. However, win or loose this game baring any injuries, should help with the playoff run.

Just a reminder, South Pitt was suppose to beat Polk by ever how many they wanted and we all know how that turned out. :lol:

Just to let you know, I think what I said is the way this game goes. I can not stand Bledsoe & any True Indian Player who has ever PLAYED should feel the same deep down. As for this week I say we are as physical as any team ( besides Alcoa) they have played, if we lace them pads up real good & tight, tighten them chin straps up real tight & play Indian football, bust them in the mouth & take what is rightfully ours..... & Weather or not you think we can I say we WILL by 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alcoa, McMinn County and Polk are better than any Sequatchie has played so it's not a good comparison on M Central losing to them. It will take cutting out all or virtually all of the unforced mistakes, such as turning over the ball to the opponent at the own 2 yard line, fumble return for a score, dropped TD passes but if they can do so Sequatchie should have a good shot. Making it tougher, for the fans who don't know, it will be the first time of the season Sequatchie won't have a significant advantage at kicker.

Indian you have a very tallented kicker. Every player has their best and not so good games. You never know when that will happen. But they are kids...it happens. Obviously I hope it doesn't happen to our kicker, Jamin Godfrey, on Friday. He's done somethings different this season compared to last season.

It will probably be a toss up at the position, is what I meant. In other games, the opponents either had to go for it or punt except for what would be chip shot type attempts, that shouldn't be the case in this one pending any rough field conditions.

I asked 8 Meigs County fans (3 are Meigs' player's parents) over the past two days who they thought would win the game, since the Tigers played both teams. ALL of them picked McMinn Central, as well as all three of the Meigs Co. players, for what it's worth.

And I might note that as big a rivalry as there is between Meigs County and McMinn Central, it grieved everyone of them to predict a Charger victory. :lol:

Meigs only gained 25-30 yards through nearly 3 full quarters against the starting defense last Thursday and only reached their own 40 yard line during that time. I can't see any team this year so far holding them down to nothing like that so I'm surprised you got unanimous picks for Central. That said, comparing common opponents and the results can be deceiving so we'll just have to see what happens Friday.

First of all, to respond to Purple2TheBone. I've got to disagree with you on saying that Sequatchie will be the most physical team Central has played other than Alcoa. Don't forget, MC played Polk, who proved to me Friday night at Beene Stadium that they are about as physical of a team as you will see in the Chattanooga area.

As for the game, I think Sequatchie can have some success if they stick to runnin it right at MC. MC is very strong at both defensive ends and at linebacker with Stiles, King, and Ragland. However, their DT are definately their weakpoint on defense. In the end, I believe MC's athletes (Moss, Rayl, Simpson, A. Walker) will make a few too many plays for Sequatchie.

McMinn Central 31

Sequatchie Co. 23

I asked 8 Meigs County fans (3 are Meigs' player's parents) over the past two days who they thought would win the game, since the Tigers played both teams. ALL of them picked McMinn Central, as well as all three of the Meigs Co. players, for what it's worth.

And I might note that as big a rivalry as there is between Meigs County and McMinn Central, it grieved everyone of them to predict a Charger victory. :lol:

Meigs only gained 25-30 yards through nearly 3 full quarters against the starting defense last Thursday and only reached their own 40 yard line during that time. I can't see any team this year so far holding them down to nothing like that so I'm surprised you got unanimous picks for Central. That said, comparing common opponents and the results can be deceiving so we'll just have to see what happens Friday.

I'm sorry Indian, when Central played Meigs they never reached the their own 40 in the 3 quarters. And if I'm not mistaken they had to start on their own 20 or less after every kickoff. It wasn't until the B team was in the 4th quarter that they crossed the 50 yard line. So I would say that we played them about the same. Go Chargers!

This should be a very good game. I have seen both teams play, and both are solid football teams. Mcminn Central does have the slight Athlete advantage. However, Seq have very two quick running backs #2 and #44. Both teams have stingy Def. With both teams going to be serious playoff contenders and friday night should have that feeling, this game will be hard fought and close. Good luck to both teams. Also did some research Interesting stat. It was mentioned Mcminn is undefeated at home, also Seq is Undefeated on the road. Should be interesting.

I have always respected SC. The way they play physical but clean. Their facilties are first rate and stadium is beautiful. Chargers need this one bad to keep credibility. Our district is so weak its hard to get any respect (just a fact). Soooo, let me take a big gulp and say GO BIG BLUE.

It pains me to say this but I like the Chargers in this one. SC please don't kick it deep on the kick off or if you do make sure it goes in the endzone. The returners for MC are alot faster than that Bledsoe boy that returned it for a score. Make them earn the yards on offense since your defense is your strong point. Don't give up cheap points on special teams if you want to win. On offense run away from Ben Styles, I know you say that you are a physical team but he is an animal. Just giving you some pointers.