Sequatchie at McMinn Central

Indian

I'm expecting a good game. Sequatchie isn't very far from being 9-0 but Central is likely their toughest opponent of the regular season with losses to only McMinn County, Polk and Alcoa. All three of those either won their district or have a chance to this week. The teams have played in other sports over the years but this is the first football meeting since 1990. Sequatchie won 33-27 in the second round, Sequatchie was undefeated and I believe Central came in with only 1 loss. Only 2 teams from each district made it back then. Central tried a "fumblerooski" or something similar late and didn't make it and Sequatchie held on for the win.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree we should be 9-0, I went & watched Bledsoe friday night & they looked like Pikeville always looks except when we play them. Rockwood is a small 1-A school & Pikeville couldn't do nothing with them. I just hate we had all them turnovers & the ref's clearly called the game for Pikeville to win. We should have beat Signal as well. We have man handled every team we have played except Chatt Central & we could have won that game. I don't see McMinn giving us alot of trouble, I just hope somewhere in the playoff's we get to kick Bledsoe's Butt along the way as that game really sticks in my crawl. & it sticks alot deeper after seeing the real Bledsoe we all know & hate so dearly play friday night. If we get to play them again we will beat them by 4 scores, I honestly think we a a 4 touchdown better team than Bledsoe is!

I say we beat McMinn Central by 17 friday night.

Go Sequatchie!!!!!!!

I agree we should be 9-0, I went & watched Bledsoe friday night & they looked like Pikeville always looks except when we play them. Rockwood is a small 1-A school & Pikeville couldn't do nothing with them. I just hate we had all them turnovers & the ref's clearly called the game for Pikeville to win. We should have beat Signal as well. We have man handled every team we have played except Chatt Central & we could have won that game. I don't see McMinn giving us alot of trouble, I just hope somewhere in the playoff's we get to kick Bledsoe's Butt along the way as that game really sticks in my crawl. & it sticks alot deeper after seeing the real Bledsoe we all know & hate so dearly play friday night. If we get to play them again we will beat them by 4 scores, I honestly think we a a 4 touchdown better team than Bledsoe is!

Go Sequatchie!!!!!!!

Your right..... We came to your field and beat you on your homecoming but we brought our ref's..... Such a ridiculous statement.....

Go Sequatchie!!!!!!![/quote

central can give any team trouble . dont take them as a easy win . it will be close if you win

i'd say central by 14

Go Sequatchie!!!!!!!

FYI. The combined records of SC opponents is 19-8 (1 loss to 4A scool with a losing record & 2 2A schools). The records of MC's opponents is 25-2 (2 undefeated 3A schools and a 2 loss 6A team that is playing for their district championship this week & Central lost to the 6A team by 4 points). It's hard to measure matchup's this way but I would hesitate to predict a blow out win for SC.

I have seen both teams play this season. I can honestly say that SC doesn't have the athletes that MC has but if they can get pressure on the MC quarterback then they have a good shot of winning. If they don't then it will be a long game until the mercy rule is applied. I'm not sayn that this will happen but if they can't get to Rayl then he will pick them apart. Good luck to both teams

I have seen both teams play this season. I can honestly say that SC doesn't have the athletes that MC has but if they can get pressure on the MC quarterback then they have a good shot of winning. If they don't then it will be a long game until the mercy rule is applied. I'm not sayn that this will happen but if they can't get to Rayl then he will pick them apart. Good luck to both teams

I have not seen both teams this season. I will say that if your analysis is correct and MC's offensive line plays as well as they did against Alcoa in protection, Central will have a big night.

Go Sequatchie!!!!!!!

FYI. The combined records of SC opponents is 19-8 (1 loss to 4A scool with a losing record & 2 2A schools). The records of MC's opponents is 25-2 (2 undefeated 3A schools and a 2 loss 6A team that is playing for their district championship this week & Central lost to the 6A team by 4 points). It's hard to measure matchup's this way but I would hesitate to predict a blow out win for SC.

Actually the Loss was to a Central team that is 4a who plays in one of the hardest districts in the state. Another was to a Signal Mnt team whos only loss is to South Pitt, and a 3a rival Bledsoe who has only lost 2 games. MCminn Central schedule is a little tougher then Sequatchie. This should be a good game i agree no blowout and both of these teams are second round or maybe deeper playoff contenders. I dont think either team wins by a blowout. This game should have a playoff feel and should be a good one. Best of luck to both.

Wow, was not expecting anyone to predict a 17 point loss for MC. Truth is MC is playing really good ball, Alcoa is unbelievable and will probably repeat, Polk Co. (by the way this game would be much better played again) just beat South Pitt which will probably be your 1A state champs, McMinn County is a quality 6A team that MC had chances to win that game. Research before making comments my friend.