LATEST 3A AP POLL

automatic

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Polk fan after scrimaging Loudon pre season to a 2 td to 2 tie with the first units in a short game and similar showings against 6A Bradley Central ( both wins by one TD) I think Loudon should definately be in top 10 considering the district they play in. By the way, is anyone going to give PC any credit for going to South Pittsburg and beating the then #1 ranked 1A Pirates? I know South Pitt lost to highly ranked 2A Boyd Buc at Boyd in the rain without starting QB Terrel Robinson but this game was at SoPitt on a dry track with TRob. 27-0 at the half. Final was 34-28 and Polk had 2 tds called back in the second half and drives resulted in no points. Also Polk beat McMinn Central 49-12, Alcoa beat Central 49-7. I saw the game and see why Alcoa is ranked #1 and well deserved. I quess all we can do is try to keep winning and see how far we can get.

Since CAK beat Elizabethton, the Betsey homer votes CAK #1, Betsey #2, and Alcoa #3...

The undefeated, 5 time defending champs, whose closest score was a 17 point victory over the #2 6A team in the state (Maryville)... #3????

Class 3A

Record Pts Prv

1. Alcoa (19) 9-0 198 1

2. Milan 9-0 159 2

3. Polk County 9-0 152 3

4. CAK (1) 9-0 150 5

5. Austin-East 6-3 86 7

6. Camden 9-1 80 4

7. Gatlinburg-Pittman 8-1 78 9

8. Elizabethton 7-2 75 6

9. Goodpasture 7-2 55 10

10. Manassas 8-1 17

(tie) McMinn Central 6-3 17

Others receiving 12 or more points: None

two observations:

1) the guy, aparently from elizabethton, is still a moron

2) loudon should be in the top ten

this guy that has yet to vote alcoa #1 is a main reason that not a lot of stock should be placed on the polls. as logcabin man said McMinn Central has been ranked high the last couple years and flopped in the first round. Loudon is one of the ten best teams in the state IMO. they will be tough to handle in the playoffs

I can tell you as a McMinn Central follower that these rankings don't mean crap. It is fun to look at, but MC was ranked as high as #2 or #3 the past 2 years.. first round loss. They have actually played better ball this year.

I would definitely disagree on the better ball comment. MC has the ability to make some noise and bite a "better" team this year but, they are not as good as last year.