DCA VS KNOX WEBB

jtmgovols

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knox Webb didn't show their best last week against Davidson, I think you will see a much more intense and focused team this week. QWebb will show up this week and remind everyone why they were undefeated going into last week. I'm not trying to take away anything from Davidson as they have a very good team but Webb will be ready. Webb by 3

DCA's lines will overtake webb's lines but it will all come down to the back field and who's passing game is going that night. DCA has had trouble protecting in the pass in the past due to their young defensive back field. Now that the back field has some experience it will be interesting to see what webb does with the pass. In the last couple of games the back field has actually done a really good job. I do believe that webb's defense will challenge dca's offense bc of thier size. DCA has a couple of big boys but the majority are semi small. This is a big game for DCA it deciedes thier play off fate. This game decides whether dca is first or third, so the guys are pumped for the game.

Looking forward to see how it plays out... DCA by 3

I say WEBB by 14.

When DA played DCA, the Bears racked up over 300 yards rushing and 3 rushing TDs. After watching both against DA, I would be surprised if Webb couldn't run the ball on DCA. Webb played a 2 deep zone vs DA and I would be surprised if DCA would be able to throw the deep ball and get the big plays that DCA was able to get vs DA.

I say WEBB by 14.

When DA played DCA, the Bears racked up over 300 yards rushing and 3 rushing TDs. After watching both against DA, I would be surprised if Webb couldn't run the ball on DCA. Webb played a 2 deep zone vs DA and I would be surprised if DCA would be able to throw the deep ball and get the big plays that DCA was able to get vs DA.

The only reason DA had over 300 yards rushing against DCA last time was bc of Justin Williams. He was the only person able to get through DCA's defense. Justin was out during the KnoxWebb game.

The only reason DA had over 300 yards rushing against DCA last time was bc of Justin Williams. He was the only person able to get through DCA's defense. Justin was out during the KnoxWebb game.

This is quite an obvious statement seeing as Justin was really the only person to carry the ball.

DCA Totals:

Justin Williams

36 carries, 286 yards, 3 TDs

Aubry Dixon

7 carries, 35 yards - 5 yards a carry is considered getting through a defense

Season Totals:

justin williams

98 carries 841 yrds 8.58 avg 11 TDs

Aubry Dixon (sophomore)

111 carries 833 yrds 7.51 avg 7 TDs

36 carries, 161 yards 2 TDs vs Knox Webb

Jequan Lewis (freshman) - the other qb that played in the webb game (19 carries, 70 yards) got no carries in the DCA game. He started playing to help take the pressure off of Dixon after Williams injury without having to rely on the freshman Porter's Passing

Zillon Porter (freshman) 30/48 on the season, 488 yards, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 10.16yds/ATT, 16.26yds/COMP

Webb's defense, if they are able to keep DCA away from the big play (the same way they did DA with the exception of one TD pass) will do a very good job of holding DCA down. Davidson allowed 181 yards on 8 pass plays and 75 yards on the Wildcats remaining 26 plays. Davidson also only passed for 33 yards as the freshman Porter had a difficult night during his first passing test.

I'm getting at two things really: 1) (most important to me as a Davidson supporter) Davidson can crush a team all night and then lose because they give up way to many big plays.

2) My prediction for the Webb DCA game is Webb by at least 14 - home field advantage and the fact that Webb won't let DCA beat them by the big plays makes a difference. Also expect Webb to be fairly successful passing Friday night.

should u have beaten dca?

The big plays by DCA killed us. We really did control the game except for the big passing plays. I think they might have had 4 pass plays over 30 yards. Our secondary has jelled more since then. I believe Justin had about 50+ yards called back because of penalties and a TD.

We actually scored in the 4th qtr from the 5 yard line and it was called back because of an illegal procedure call that would have put us ahead for the win. We also missed 3 kicks in that game. I think it was 2 FGs and an extra point...After all of that, we were driving with under a minute left in the game and was in field goal range and threw an interception.

So with over 300 yards rushing , 3 missed kicks by our freshman kicker and a TD called back in the 4th QTR...you can say that we should have won the game. But Excuses are like.... :thumb:

Like I said, DA is susceptible to the big play and that is what lost the DCA as well as what nearly lost the Knox Webb game. Davidson outplayed DCA, but final scores are all that matters. Davidson is going to run the ball against most anyone, in all honesty this line is very good (not just a fan speaking but someone that knows (thinks he does at least) quite a bit of football). The pass isn't terrible though, Lewis won't throw it in big games, but Porter can be quite efficient now that he is getting used to the speed of the high school game.

Ok, Williams is obviously a great back and had a great night but he had to do everything on his own. Davidson did not miss 2 field goals, DCA BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL and they missed one. For the illegal procedure call, that is a mental mistake as well as a coaching mistake so don't use that excuse.

Bottom line is DCA stopped Davidson when they had to. They stopped the Bears on a fourth down when Davidson was on the wildcats 25 yard line. ALSO DCA stopped Williams on the 2 point conversion.

I am going to correct you on the last possession when Davidson threw the interception. They were defiantly not in field goal range. the ball was near midfield and last time i checked yall dont have a kicker that can make an extra point so I doubt he could make a 40+ yarder.