How much Fire does the Pirates of SP have in 09?

OLD PIRATE

The South Pittsburg Pirates have two living legends walking the sidelines this season. There are many young lads on this team that are eager to achieve legend status. #6 could be a young lad that achieves legend status this season, but must first lead his team to a state championship to be annointed with the honor of achieving legend status. The living legends walking the sidelines for South Pittsburg will have these boys ready to go for the playoff run. Living Legends such as myself are anxious to see what team these young lads will be playing in round two. #21 is another one of the young lads on this team that could achieve legend status. During the 2008 season this #21 young lad looked like a young lad that was rapidly moving in on achieving his own legend status. I have seen this South Pittsburg team play against Marion County, Signal Mountain and Boyd Buchanan this season and he doesn't seem to have the intensity that I remember him playing with last season. #90 is another young lad to could achieve legend status if he helps lead his team. These three young lads look to have the chance to achieve legend status during the playoff run. I will be trying to watch these young lads during the later playoff rounds to determine if I can put these young lads in the clas with myself of being a true living legend. Only time will tell to determine if this team cements themselves into history with legend status or cements themselves into history has a group of underachieving young lads.

BTW, Geno, I mean Pepsi5000. It is good to see a legend like yourself back patrolling the boards with another living legend much like myself.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like SP will win another GOLD BALL that 1 A playoff has not 1 good team in it beside SP Congrats on the State Championship :thumb:

You are wrong there. Knox Grace (9-1), Wayne Co (10-0), Jo Byrns (10-0), Union City (8-2) and Huntington (7-3) are a few that are very good teams. Gordonsville is one that should not be overlooked. They play a pretty tough schedule. Quad 3 looks like the toughest group and Quad 1 looks like the weakest group

JBHSDAD I dont know about that now feller. I have been reading in my Murphy Fair book and those teams looks like they have some big ole boys that are big and strong too. My book also says that they have some real fast boys too that are real fast and real quick. Murphy says that several of these teams have a real good chance to be real good this year. I garuntee you one thing about these teams. They all have good records and they will be able to knock a hole for the runners to run through and they will be big and strong if they make it to the late playoff games. Let me ask you a question JBHSDAD. What team do you like? Does your team lift alot of weights during the season so they will be strong and good for the playoffs? I hope Grider is making these boys lift alot of weights this week since the boys will not be playing a game. If they lift alot of weights then it will help them be real strong by next weeks game.

JBHSDAD I dont know about that now feller. I have been reading in my Murphy Fair book and those teams looks like they have some big ole boys that are big and strong too. My book also says that they have some real fast boys too that are real fast and real quick. Murphy says that several of these teams have a real good chance to be real good this year. I garuntee you one thing about these teams. They all have good records and they will be able to knock a hole for the runners to run through and they will be big and strong if they make it to the late playoff games. Let me ask you a question JBHSDAD. What team do you like? Does your team lift alot of weights during the season so they will be strong and good for the playoffs? I hope Grider is making these boys lift alot of weights this week since the boys will not be playing a game. If they lift alot of weights then it will help them be real strong by next weeks game.

bright dont fit roy does it jobyrns is my team there roy case you didnt pick up on jbhsdad but that is ok ill splained it to ya now roy that bunch over there u r talkin bout according to the brackets really aint got real good records in that there bracket that your boys from sp are playing in them brackets are tssaa stuff sp 8-2 monterey5-5 eagleville3-7 gordensville6-4 lv7-3 mtcs4-6 now roy i aint gonna say im no rocket scientist but im perdy shore that is kinda a watered down play off bracket and now roy let me ask you a ?can you finda in your book cause i know roy you have 1 does it say in your book roy if that is watered down or not :ph34r:

Looks like SP will win another GOLD BALL that 1 A playoff has not 1 good team in it beside SP Congrats on the State Championship :thumb:

KL says, when the purple season is over and that brother of yours is graduating, don't come over and try to jump on the Pirate bandwagon, there is no room. :thumb:

He is all yours...................been kind of quite on our boards without all the nonsense. :lol:

Heck... if they are on fire you better start spraying them all with water or something. Don't wanna see them boys die!

Come on Dumbo you dont want none of OP or Butchie

Na man you don't want any of me dude!!! You better be glad JUMBO got kicked off or he'd push the heck outta you!!! You big sissy!!!

YOU GONNA GET TARZEN ON ME :thumb:

I believe this team will be ok going into the playoffs. They have already realized they are beatable if they don't play 4 solid quarters of football. I think the Polk Co game was the best thing that could have happened to them. I am sure they hated that loss, but it hopefully it woke this team up and made them realize you have to play the game on the field. If the Pirates can play like they did against Cascade early in the season, they will be hard to beat. OP said it best, they must be consistent on both sides of the ball.

i would say not much with the watered down play off bracket you got :thumb::thumb:

For years we have played the likes of trousdale, Gordonsville, Friendship, Boyd Buc, etc in the first 3 rounds and yall have played ????. We still have G'ville and Knox Grace to deal with. We didn't ask for the change. The only team in JB's bracket that looks to be real competition for ya'll is Wayne county so I wouldn't be talking about it being so tough..till the Semi's

As for watered down how about regular season?? Our SOS is 3rd....JB's is 64th. Make it to the championship game and then talk

JB folks don't take offense. Ya'll may very well be the best team in 1A but the toughest regular season and the toughest road in the playoffs???

i would say not much with the watered down play off bracket you got :thumb::thumb:

For years we have played the likes of trousdale, Gordonsville, Friendship, Boyd Buc, etc in the first 3 rounds and yall have played ????. We still have G'ville and Knox Grace to deal with. We didn't ask for the change. The only team in JB's bracket that looks to be real competition for ya'll is Wayne county so I wouldn't be talking about it being so tough..till the Semi's

As for watered down how about regular season?? Our SOS is 3rd....JB's is 64th. Make it to the championship game and then talk

JB folks don't take offense. Ya'll may very well be the best team in 1A but the toughest regular season and the toughest road in the playoffs???

SP is the best team in 1A until someone in 1A beats em. JB knows that, as does everyone else. JB is no guarantee to make it that's for sure. We've seen most everyone on this side of the bracket except Union City. JB has a good chance but they'll have to bring their A-game.