3A Playoff Central

Gerry Bertier

Polk and Alcoa would meet in the third round if that's accurate and they win their first two, it's nothing different than quarterfinal matchups every other past year.

This isn't a past year. Under this system, its unfair.

You can't make exception just because of geography says otherwise. I will be interested to see how correct this is. Some of the match ups were hard because of avoiding 1st round rematches. Quad 1 and Quad 2 both had 4 teams from the same district.

Quad 2 is a monster. Unnecessary, plain and simple.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quad 3

1. Goodpasture- #1 in district- Gets #1 because more victories over.500 teams

8. Grundy Co.- WC

4. Smith Co.- # 2 in district (7-3)

5. Sequatchie Co.- # 2 in district (6-4)

3. Cannon Co.- # 1 in district (6-4)

6. Pearl Cohn- # 3 in district (5-5) Wins TB over Harpeth with more .500 wins

2. Bledsoe Co.- # 1 in district (8-2)

7. Harpeth- # 3 in district (5-5)

Somebody fix this!!! If we have to go I want to go to Smith County. Then I can hang out with friends on a long road trip.

DL.

Hooters big guy. You're driving this time! :hungry:

Shoot Del...we would have had a good day... :thumb:

Polk and Alcoa would meet in the third round if that's accurate and they win their first two, it's nothing different than quarterfinal matchups every other past year.

It is totally fair, to advance they need to beat the best teams from their area of the state. Period. There is absolutely no reason to force teams to travel farther just so the teams you and some others feel are better are able to meet further into the playoffs.

Sure, it's unfortunate that one of two great teams can only go as far as the quarters, but that is how it is. It is definitely NOT unfair, at least as far as the system is concerned.

You better quit cryin and get ready for the woodshed :hungry::thumb:

That F5 will be ready if you guys come callin...... Seriously dude, when you get to the Quarters all the teams are good AND SOMETIMES both teams are undefeated. This isn't March Madness and the NCAA so they can't pay travel expenses for teams so teams are put in quads. If anything it is just a bad break!!

Quad 3

1. Goodpasture- #1 in district- Gets #1 because more victories over.500 teams

8. Grundy Co.- WC

4. Smith Co.- # 2 in district (7-3)

5. Sequatchie Co.- # 2 in district (6-4)

3. Cannon Co.- # 1 in district (6-4)

6. Pearl Cohn- # 3 in district (5-5) Wins TB over Harpeth with more .500 wins

2. Bledsoe Co.- # 1 in district (8-2)

7. Harpeth- # 3 in district (5-5)

Somebody fix this!!! If we have to go I want to go to Smith County. Then I can hang out with friends on a long road trip.

DL.

Hooters big guy. You're driving this time! :excl:

Only if you want to sit outside the state building all afternoon downtown. I've got to go to a meeting Friday afternoon so it's actually going to work out good for me with the old two birds and one stone thingy. :lol:

DL.

Some Polk fans need to remember that playoff success isn't something we've had alot of. The last time we won a playoff game was 2002 and the next week we got spanked by Goodpasture. So lets just take this one game at a time, focus on Kingston or whoever it will be in the first round, and enjoy the best team Polk County has maybe ever had. Congats Wildcats on an undefeated regular season.

Some Polk fans need to remember that playoff success isn't something we've had alot of. The last time we won a playoff game was 2002 and the next week we got spanked by Goodpasture. So lets just take this one game at a time, focus on Kingston or whoever it will be in the first round, and enjoy the best team Polk County has maybe ever had. Congats Wildcats on an undefeated regular season.

great post....... :excl: congrats to Polk County on a great season....

Totally agree; Polk hasn't had success in the playoffs recently. We shouldn't talk about playing Alcoa until that happens. We need to take it one game at a time, as much as we get tired of hearing that saying.