Lets talk about the 6A bracket as announced...

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. Juliet is the team that got the short end of the deal.....9-1 with a 1pt double OT loss and Merry Christmas let's send Oakland to play ya.....

Our two losses were both in OT to Riverdale and to Ensworth, so MJ has nothing on us! Then we get bumped down to #3 in our district with ONE district loss to Riverdale, yet we BEAT as in SHUT OUT the district champs....blackman. That is what stinks about this. Next time I hope we schedule Cane Ridge and Station Camp like Blackman did. It really really stinks.

as much as i love most of what you post and am sure we'd have a great time talking football if we were face to face...this post is pure CRY BABY WHINNING...and disrespect...it will all work out in the wash...oakland will beat both mt. J and cookeville and will play the winner of Riverdale and Blackman...you lost to riverdale in OT...and we beat riverdale in OT...there is not alot of difference in the teams 2P...it's anybody's game depending on the night...i'm honestly tired of hearing about the schedule crap from you and anyone else...because it is in your face dis-respect...don't cheer us on in one post (like on the riverdale vs. blackman thread) and disrespect us here...just play the next team and let it play out...

So did TSSAA switch White Station and Wooddale on the seedings? That would make sense, same matchup, but White Station would now be the #3 and host.

Can't do that - Wooddale has to be seeded higher than Kirby. Woodale went 6-1 and Kirby went 5-2 in same district.

So Wooddale 5, Kirby 6 White Station 3? They should have just read my thread on CoachT, they would have gotten more sleep and no corrections :thumb:

Clearly there is not enough flexibility in forming these brackets to provide decent matchups across the board. There is zero justification for some of these seedings.

Heard that! Like sending Arlington to Quad 3 instead of Brighton (or Cordova) because Arlington "is 4 miles closer to I-40." That's absurd.

Clearly there is not enough flexibility in forming these brackets to provide decent matchups across the board. There is zero justification for some of these seedings.

Heard that! Like sending Arlington to Quad 3 instead of Brighton because Arlington "is 4 miles closer to I-40." That's absurd.

Or instead of Cordova who was the last team in. Instead send potentially 3 mid tn teams to Memphis instead of 1 memphis team to mid tn, assuming higher seeds would win.

Well, I had made it known all the way back to last year how much this money grab that the T$$AA was pulling over on high school football fans was a joke. Now this fubar playoff seeding just reiterates how the inmates are running the insane asylum. None of this makes any sense. Starting with, realigning larger schools with smaller, non-competitive programs and "strong arming" them into playing each other in order to save a couple of bucks on gas was a farce. It wasn't fair to the smaller or larger programs and their fans. It really sucked the anticipatition and enjoyment out of many of the regular season games (really look forward to those T$$AA mandated annual yawnfests with Newport, Cherokee and South-Doyle). First time in many, many years that staying at home on a Friday night was the only option. Goal number 1 T$$AA......dummy down the regular season and keep money in my wallet......accomplished.

As far as the playoffs, if the same idiots who had their hands in ruining the regular season were in charge of this system did we expect anything different from them in the post season? Since when did #2 really mean #1? Who knew Maryville's beat down at the hands of Alcoa would actually earn them a #1 seed and a first round matchup with a .500 team from a weak region????

I actually agree with the poster in this thread who previously stated that Sevier Co. probably wouldn't make it out of the first round against Bearden. We are an OK team who has greatly benefited from playing in a really weak, T$$AA imposed region. Because of the asinine leadership of Na$hvega$ we were only able to play T-H-R-E-E schools who were in our own enrollment classification so we are hardly battled tested or proven. That and the fact that Bearden will be our toughest opponent this season is the biggest indictment against this whole mess. I guess just like that crummy BC$ college system the Czar$ that rule and reign from Na$vega$ will be "tweeking" their cashcow to that elusive goal of perfection. They have ruined what once was a more enjoyable, clearly defined and most importantly fair regular and post season system that they just couldn't keep their money grubing hands off of.

here is something that people are not thinking about...used to be win your region games and the others didnt matter so a few teams would play the RIVERDALES our of region to get some good playoff experince with this new format NOBODY is going to play the top teams unless they have too why would they? If i am a coach I might play 1 tough team otherwise i am going to play teams i can beat its all about the playoffs once you are in everyone has a chance