Daniel Boone hosts Morristown East

formerblazer

oooh, hit a nerve, did I? soooo sorry!

Nope, not "kin" to anybody, that would make me a hypocrite, now wouldn't it?

I pull for all those boys, too. No, I don't personally know any of them, just talk to people around me at the fb games that I've been attending for the past ten years or so, so I've got you beat on time spent, anyway.

Just asking the questions everybody's wanting to know, but nobody's gutsy enough to ask, I reckon for fear of retaliation or something. Don't know much about Whitson, but you obviously have been around the players enough to know who does what--you speak like one of the dads would be my bet. Thanks for that bit of info. Don't like attitudes either. Don't like cocky football players either.

Funny you quoted Jenkins perfectly from the paper, so you're either close, or very agreeable to his coaching style..nobody is a superstar on the team. No one person should be, I'll agree with you there. Have seen that from Boone in the past, as well, whether they were good players or not. No names, per your request, but people can take from that what they will. Just remember you said that first.

So pull your feathers back in, undo your strut, I'm off to work and will check out the game on Friday night. I'll be there with my Boone Pride just like you. You still sitting where you usually do? Might stop by and say hello~!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the question here will be how many points Boone can score, because Mo East will score some points. Tremendous speed and quickness. They're averaging over 30 points a game. MoWest held them to one TD and Jeff County gave up only two. Scored three TD's on a pretty good Austin-East team and at least four in the the other six games. How good is Tee --- he has 108 touches on rushing, passing, receiving and kickoff returns for a total of 1,647 yards...15.3 per touch. Defense has been decent againt run and not very good against teams that can throw. How well can the Blazers move through the air?

if that is the 10 I remember from two yeras ago...Boone may very well have a long night ahead of them. I hear you all had a different QB last week and he is very good as well. From what I've seen this year, they have two QB with great arms and at least 4 recievers that can catch it pretty well (Except for TN High, we dropped easy passes they caught impossible passes).

The question with offensive teams vs defense of Boone was basically them giving up few points this year except to TN High. Every other team was held below ...20 pts? Two shut outs I know of, DB only scored 14, a few other teams had low scores except South put 35 up against our 28 in OT. There are....5 or 6 RB who share time that we have seen so you will see a ton of subs go in and out so Boone will be fresh going into the 4th at skill positions.

How's about your D this year?

South had 35 against you.

Read the sentence below that one...I corrected myself :roflol:

Well, glad Im not the only one hearing it, Agr. I tell it like Im hearing it in the stands. People are asking questions. 5 and 2 do play defense, but when has that ever stopped Jenkins from having them start both postions? Thats a weak excuse to bring up a freshman running back. One freshman parent told me his son told him that the decison to start sanders on varsity never even happened till after summer practice was over with whcih he thought was a sneaking and planned move.

Sets a bad precendent for the future trailblazers. From what i hear several of the coaches have upcoming sons who will be on the team. Is this something we as fans and players and parents needs to anticipate and plan on? Genes don't equal talent, and folks, he aint no duncan or shropshire.

If boone had no running talent and needed a rb, nobody would be grumbling. since that aint the case, deal with the fallout is all i'm sayin, cause you will hear it. Anybody who dont believe that needs to sit in the stands on friday nights and listen to it. when one player runs the ball more than all the other players (no matter who he is) and is not productive of much of anything, people are gonna ask questions, deal with it. that's what happens.

are you guys maybe kinfolk too? didnt realize my asking about it would provoke just a heated debate. but alas, you have your opinion, and i have mine.

Archie bunker aint got nothin on boone football right now. and I can assure you, 8-2 season is due to the talented football team they have this year, those players on the varsity team who have played for two or three or four years deserve it!

Could it be that he had a good summer practice and was moved onto the team...if that was the case why didn't they just do it before summer practice and get it over with? I don't see what the big deal is with having a freshman start. It happened my year and yeah it is rare. The last time it happened it was with a kid who played like a junior and was great for the program. I'm not saying Sanders is the answer to everything but he is a freshman, hasn't been in the paper that much, and has done what he can whenever the time has come. That is 8 wins vs 2 losses....and it just kinda sounds like you are blaming that as part of the loss. It is a team effort, always has been. I'll say it again, Boone gave the game in the South when they had it won, and TN High is the best team in the area and giving them 28 points off of miscoverage and fumbles is not how you can play against them.

As a South fan,I thought Sanders looked good at RB. As a general rule I don't think freshmen should play varsity football. If the kid is mature enough and the coaching staff thinks there is a need then go at it. He seems to run hard and protect the ball. Very impressive to be a freshman who by the way after 10 games experience at this level,is much more like a junior. As a fan of the opposition, I hate to see how good he will become if he stays healthy. Just curious, his first name isn't Barry is it?

Most parents complaining in the stands are disgruntled about their own not being the center of attention.

focus your energy on beating the Hurricanes. Don't look ahead. Rep well. :lol:

As for playing young players jenkins will play them if they give him a better chance to win. Last year he started 3 to 4 soph. In very key spots 52 at center 9 at out side linebacker 16 at QB and 10 played a lot at QB. Out of these 4 players 1 made 1st team all confrence and 2 made 2nd team. So I think that he knows what he is doing.

I may not have as many years watching boone games as you guys have, but I have not missed a game in 3 years. This by far is the best team I've seen at boone and a very good job of coaching especially in the 2nd half of games this year. So for people to sit in the stands and nit pick about who's getting more carries is a little preschoolish. Sounds like u are stirring the pot. So I still don't understand why you get on here and try to split the team by saying the things that you said.

So let the coach, coach.The players, play. And us the FANS, cheer like crazy for your BLAZERS. GOD BLESS and good luck. :lol:

Let try talking about the game friday. How big is Boones offensive line? Morristown has

some size on their offensive line. East has a center that's 6-5" weights around 300lbs &

he is only a soph. Morristown Defense line is about avg for most high school in size. Front

7 can be physical at times. Biggest drawback on East's defense is amount of soph. playing

& they play half step slow at times. We seem to get good pressure on our pass rush, but we

seem to have trouble tackling the QB.

I still think it will come down to our offense vs Boones defense. A special teams play could

be the different in the game.

Morristown East 35 Daniel Boone 21

:thumb:

Let try talking about the game friday. How big is Boones offensive line? Morristown has

some size on their offensive line. East has a center that's 6-5" weights around 300lbs &

he is only a soph. Morristown Defense line is about avg for most high school in size. Front

7 can be physical at times. Biggest drawback on East's defense is amount of soph. playing

& they play half step slow at times. We seem to get good pressure on our pass rush, but we

I still think it will come down to our offense vs Boones defense. A special teams play could

:thumb:

Well unless you are brining what TN High brought to the table, I don't see you scoring that much on Boone. Special teams have been fine for Boone except it seems the kicker is on an off streak, but hopefully that will be over. I do think that shutting down your offense or not doing that will be the difference in the game...but that Boone defense will surprise you. You might score, but it won't be 35. The Boone line is big but not huge, more avg, and by now everyone knows what they are doing. They got better every week and are ready to take it to you this week.

I agree, I don't think east will put up 35 pts. The D-line has played well and keeping the kids fresh has been a plus rolling 53,70,&66 helped a lot.

Our O-line has gotten better with every game. Like it or not 99 %. Of games are won by winning the battle up front. Our special teams have been better than avg. For most of the year. Kicker in a bit of a slump but weather and wind played a part in his slump. The punting game is good, very few return yards against us.

How many players do you guys dress? How's your punter and place kicker?

Go BLAZERS.

:roflol:

I've not done a lot of home work on East this year,but if they score 35 on Boone, I'll be surprised.

Daniel Boone and Mo East make a very good match up.

Boone is very solid and does little to hurt themselves. They block well. They tackle well. They are disciplined. They play very hard. They play very physical.

Mo East is similar to Boone except in 2 ways. One: they make alot of mistakes that really make things difficult on them. For example, the Mo. West game. Two: TEE HOWELL. Amazing athlete. If healthy, he can take over a game and elevate his team a level or 3! Their O-line is very good as well.

Its a toss up.

Should be a good game Friday. Is Mo East more of a passing team or a running team? I'm assuming with Howell, they're capable of running the ball.

When the Vikings played Boone, their biggest weakness was defending the pass. Well, I don't know if I should say it was a weakness. It just appeared as if Boone was determined to stop the run even if met giving up a couple of big passes.