Obion Central Rebels @ Mem. Fairley Bulldogs

1.OC will beat Fairly by 14

2.Stay in groups

3.Have some sense and book some fan buses and don't take your cars - your liscence plates are the dead give away

4.Pray to the good Lord that you don't play at Crump - It litterally has no grass between the 20's

5. Be happy that Liberty will beat Trezvant - Trezvant would beat OC by 14

Good Luck

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.OC will beat Fairly by 14

2.Stay in groups

3.Have some sense and book some fan buses and don't take your cars - your liscence plates are the dead give away

4.Pray to the good Lord that you don't play at Crump - It litterally has no grass between the 20's

5. Be happy that Liberty will beat Trezvant - Trezvant would beat OC by 14

Good Luck

Don't get the reasoning on #5.... :popcorneater:

Safe to say I know absolutely nothing about Fairley. Being a Memphis team, I figure they have no shortage of athletes. Does anyone know what type of offense they run? Defense? How's their coaching? Are they a disciplined team? Too many unknowns here for me. If anyone can fill in some of the blanks, much appreciated.

Let's face it, I ain't betting against my boys regardless. I say Obion County by 1 point and I'll be happy!!

GO REBELS!!!! Keep Rolling!!! :hungry:

"IF" coach Jackson can get the game moved....that would be great and a much better situation on everyone that would have to head to Memphis. But I don't think that will happen either.

I would for sure keep the Rebels flags from showing to much. Where ever you play, need to be on your best guard. Travel in groups for sure. They know that it will be a different/new type of folks to the area.

I think Obion wins this game as long as they don't shut Haskins down. If it turns out like the Westview game, could be a long night.

The Rebels are probably one of the most under rated teams playing. You have several "could of's" games to win.

Play hard...you folks get behind them. This year is a great one to remember.

I would say you goals have been accomplished. One to win a few games and the bonus is to make the playoffs and you did.

Obion County folks are proud to see you win. I have always said that to win you have to know how to win and the Rebels have done that this year.

Great season Rebels 2009...you Seniors are a group who have maybe...just maybe started something.

Rebels by 12.

Obion Central fans:

First let me begin by saying congratulations on your playoff berth. We, Fairley fans, look forward to a very good and competitive contest at John P. Freeman Friday night. I know alot has been said and been written about Memphis and Memphis crime but you all don't have much to worry about. Most of the Fairley fans as well as the people of the Whitehaven community are very respectable and law-abiding citizens. There have never been any problems with fans from out of town coming to watch a football contest at J.P. Freeman. The only time we expect trouble is when Fairley plays Whitehaven, but that only amounts to trash-talking. I know many of you may feel cause for concern because of the reputation Memphis has but I hope you all can come and enjoy yourselves without worrying about being harmed. The fact of the matter is that it boils down to race. African-Americans have concerns when we travel to predominantly white, small, rural towns too but we come and try not to prejudge. There were at least 6 Obion Co. coaches at last Friday's Fairley-Hillcrest game and they didn't have any trouble at all. They stayed until the end and saw a very good game. Please try not to prejudge too much.

Look forward to seeing many of you Friday night.

God Bless!!

Fairley Bulldogs........MY ALMA MATER!!!! :roflolk:

No problem my friend!

John P. Freeman is located at the intersection of Holmes and Tulane Roads. If you get on I-55 South get off on the Whitehaven exit headed right. There are 2 exits. One says Whitehaven/Capleville, you don't want that one. The other says Whitehaven, go right. The first light you get to will be Millbranch rd.. Make a left at that light, Millbranch. Take Millbranch to Holmes Rd (about a mile down). There will be a gas station on the right corner. That's Holmes. Make a right on Holmes. Head all the way down about 2 miles. You'll cross over Elvis Presley Blvd. Cross over railroad tracks. John P. Freeman will be on your left. Have a safe trip!

No problem my friend!

John P. Freeman is located at the intersection of Holmes and Tulane Roads. If you get on I-55 South get off on the Whitehaven exit headed right. There are 2 exits. One says Whitehaven/Capleville, you don't want that one. The other says Whitehaven, go right. The first light you get to will be Millbranch rd.. Make a left at that light, Millbranch. Take Millbranch to Holmes Rd (about a mile down). There will be a gas station on the right corner. That's Holmes. Make a right on Holmes. Head all the way down about 2 miles. You'll cross over Elvis Presley Blvd. Cross over railroad tracks. John P. Freeman will be on your left. Have a safe trip!

Thank you. Appreciate the comments and directions. Obion County has a great fan base. The PEP Club kids are loud and the Rebel fans are good people. I don't foresee anything but a good night of football. I heard the Rebel coaches were at the game the other night. I haven't spoken with them but Memphis football always has very good athletes. I expect a close game, hopefully ending in our favor. Come on Friday!!! :thumb:

Obion Central fans:

First let me begin by saying congratulations on your playoff berth. We, Fairley fans, look forward to a very good and competitive contest at John P. Freeman Friday night. I know alot has been said and been written about Memphis and Memphis crime but you all don't have much to worry about. Most of the Fairley fans as well as the people of the Whitehaven community are very respectable and law-abiding citizens. There have never been any problems with fans from out of town coming to watch a football contest at J.P. Freeman. The only time we expect trouble is when Fairley plays Whitehaven, but that only amounts to trash-talking. I know many of you may feel cause for concern because of the reputation Memphis has but I hope you all can come and enjoy yourselves without worrying about being harmed. The fact of the matter is that it boils down to race. African-Americans have concerns when we travel to predominantly white, small, rural towns too but we come and try not to prejudge. There were at least 6 Obion Co. coaches at last Friday's Fairley-Hillcrest game and they didn't have any trouble at all. They stayed until the end and saw a very good game. Please try not to prejudge too much.

Look forward to seeing many of you Friday night.

God Bless!!

Fairley Bulldogs........MY ALMA MATER!!!! :thumb:

Good point! You hit that one right on the nail. They are worried because they have already judged the people from Fairley, that's why they wanted to get the game moved. Fairley earned the right to host the game and they should keep it.