Chatt Central at Greeneville Round 1

DevilMan03

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lionfan86, don't know what your problem is with Barger or Central but you talk like you guys are all world. We will see over the next few years with no Keon, Clay, Mays Fortson and the other TRANSFERS, Red Bank has AQUIRED over the last few years. I hope the Lions win and as I pull for every Chattanooga team in the playoffs but guys like you make it difficult. Honestly, the game at Red Bank, a fresh Keon in the 3rd Quarrter was the difference, with out him you guys are not a step above everyone else in the District. Dews is an average high school back and there are better in his own district. That game is past history and has little bearing on this one. Central has seen teams as good or better than Greeneville as well. 7 of 10 teams on the Pounders schedule are in the playoffs, faced back to back #1 teams in the state South Pittsburgh and Red Bank. Both teams are battle tested just hope the long road trip don't have an effect on the Central team. It should be a great game and the team that executes and limits mistakes will win.

lionfan86, don't know what your problem is with Barger or Central but you talk like you guys are all world. We will see over the next few years with no Keon, Clay, Mays Fortson and the other TRANSFERS, Red Bank has AQUIRED over the last few years. I hope the Lions win and as I pull for every Chattanooga team in the playoffs but guys like you make it difficult. Honestly, the game at Red Bank, a fresh Keon in the 3rd Quarrter was the difference, with out him you guys are not a step above everyone else in the District. Dews is an average high school back and there are better in his own district. That game is past history and has little bearing on this one. Central has seen teams as good or better than Greeneville as well. 7 of 10 teams on the Pounders schedule are in the playoffs, faced back to back #1 teams in the state South Pittsburgh and Red Bank. Both teams are battle tested just hope the long road trip don't have an effect on the Central team. It should be a great game and the team that executes and limits mistakes will win.

Let it go Dave. We both know these boards don't mean squat. Goodluck friday. This old coach is pullin' for you and the Pounders. :popcorneater:

Greeneville may have a tough time adjusting when they finally face a worthy opponent again. Since there is probably less than 10 in the entire division, I'm guessing Chatt. Central is not one of them. The hard part will be getting those guys to prepare for each game not really knowing how good their opponents will be.
If there is not enough worthy opp. in this class then why did you move down? Oh that's right you finally realized you would never beat maryville. After these 4 years are up maybe you can move on down but wait a minute you can't beat Elizabeth either, I don't know how you will ever win a state championship? Have ya ever won one? It's stupid little comments like "worthy" opponents that make other people not like greenville. get a ring before ya get cocky!!!

If there is not enough worthy opp. in this class then why did you move down? Oh that's right you finally realized you would never beat maryville. After these 4 years are up maybe you can move on down but wait a minute you can't beat Elizabeth either, I don't know how you will ever win a state championship? Have ya ever won one? It's stupid little comments like "worthy" opponents that make other people not like greenville. get a ring before ya get cocky!!!

I can't answer that question, because I wasn't one of the few that decided to do it. Maryville has over 1600 students that is why they are now in the top division where they belong. Elizabethton has one of the best teams they have had in years and could easily beat most of 4A.

Greeneville may have a tough time adjusting when they finally face a worthy opponent again. Since there is probably less than 10 in the entire division, I'm guessing Chatt. Central is not one of them. The hard part will be getting those guys to prepare for each game not really knowing how good their opponents will be.

Ok lets nip this one in the bud.....nip it, nip it, nip it. I'm sure ol 94 could have chosen his verbage a bit differently. Perhaps he meant how are Greeneville starters going to perform over 4 quarters instead of 2. Greeneville accepted reassignment so that they could be competitive in other sports...such as our fabulous Lady Devil soccer that got their first ever trip to state and beat undefeated Page in their first ever state tourney game today. The same will hold true for other sports such as softball and baseball. I don't think I have to tell you how hard it is for small town teams to compete in those sports against metro teams with much larger talent pools. We don't have near as many feeder programs and rec leagues. Unless TSSAA reverts to their position that would allow schools to play up in some sports and not in others I don't see Greeneville making a move anytime soon. And for the record, no matter which division we played in as a subdivision 4a school we would not have to go through either Maryville (6a) or Betsy (3a).

Ok, well first off I would like to say congratulations to both teams. I mean they are both deserving of the playoffs. I am from Greeneville, and I know that Chattanooga Central has probably had it with all of our fans talking as if we are the Indianapolis Colts of Tennessee high school football! I know this because quite frankly I am too. Greeneville is good and please do not think that I am trying to take that away from them. In my opinion Greeneville will more than likely have their way with the Purple Pounders. However, I am not saying this with blind information. I have watched Greenevill play when they were at West Greene, but I have also observed Chattanooga Central play this year as well. I saw them play Sequatchie County at the UTC stadium. Upon watching them play I thought that they are, as a whole, quick. Greeneville is quick , too, in the skilled positions though. The Pounders are big up front, as well as quick. I think Greeneville will have a bit more of a challenge than they had in their conference this year due to the fact that their conference wasn't playing too stiff of competition other than Greeneville themselves. On the other hand, Chattanooga Central has played teams like Red Bank and South Pitt. Lets face it, Chattanooga football is on a different level than that of the Blue Ridge Conference.