Chatt Central at Greeneville Round 1

DevilMan03

Greeneville has played 4a for a number of years. And Barb can tell you about Greeneville football. She knows her stuff. Greeneville made the quaterfinals 2 years ago before losing to Sullivan South. Last year they made it to the Semi finals and hosted Maryville which they lost. Greeneville is looking to go another step and not lose that one. They are taking one game at a time but you are in for a rude awakening if you think they are weak team by any means. The average win is 55-13. Greeneville is going full force and will not just lay over for anyone. Devils will win this game and will prove a huge point why they are a team to be reckoned with. :roflol:

Devils 42

Chatt 7

yes and our average loss is 28-15...baby you need to tone it down a little. I appreciate your enthusiasm but if you're gonna talk trash, at least know your opponents strengths and weaknesses. Go back and read your posts from the Betsy and TH games...not pretty. I think the guys will be ready for this one but we know very little of this Central team and I haven't seen any film. I will have faith in what I know of my Devils and say they will be around for another week....but i don't know that we'll dismantle the Pounders as easily as #5 Claiborne.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my opinion, take however you may. I dont think that Central is that good. Yes, they do have a few good players, but if Greeneville out "physicals" them, they will definately lay down. This was seen against Red Bank. Keon Williams had to sit out the whole first half for personal reasons, but came back and ran for 150 in the second half, scoring 28pts in the 3rd quarter. Central may let Barger pep them up to think they are good and can play with anyone, but reality is they are not that good, or either Red Bank is that good. On the contrary, I dont think that Greeneville has faced the competition that Central has faced during the regular season. I think Greenville wins this one simply because they are more well coached.

This is my opinion, take however you may. I dont think that Central is that good. Yes, they do have a few good players, but if Greeneville out "physicals" them, they will definately lay down. This was seen against Red Bank. Keon Williams had to sit out the whole first half for personal reasons, but came back and ran for 150 in the second half, scoring 28pts in the 3rd quarter. Central may let Barger pep them up to think they are good and can play with anyone, but reality is they are not that good, or either Red Bank is that good. On the contrary, I dont think that Greeneville has faced the competition that Central has faced during the regular season. I think Greenville wins this one simply because they are more well coached.

150 a little to much. maybe like 75 yards and 1td. look greenville just face it, it will be a long fought game with both teams and defense is going to be the head line so just get ready for a long hard fought ball game. THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A CAKE WALK. no matter how good your defense is or quarterback is.

150 a little to much. maybe like 75 yards and 1td. look greenville just face it, it will be a long fought game with both teams and defense is going to be the head line so just get ready for a long hard fought ball game. THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A CAKE WALK. no matter how good your defense is or quarterback is.

It's GreenEville :roflol:

It's GreenEville :roflol:

yeah great school spirt but central has batter players and has been battle tested unlike greenville.

GOOOOO POUNDERS!!!!!!! see you at the game friday. watch out for that front six 29,31,59,61,12,56

I'm nervous about this one, I won't lie. How long has it been since we played 4 full quarters? Or even a quality opponenet at that? I am truly sorry. I don't mean to seem like a doubter, but this years team still has something to prove to me. So I am challenging the Greene Devils; prove to me, and everyone else across the state, that you are poised to make a deep run into the playoffs.

I'm nervous about this one, I won't lie. How long has it been since we played 4 full quarters? Or even a quality opponenet at that? I am truly sorry. I don't mean to seem like a doubter, but this years team still has something to prove to me. So I am challenging the Greene Devils; prove to me, and everyone else across the state, that you are poised to make a deep run into the playoffs.

I've been thinking about that to Charlie. I hope Greeneville didn't forget how to play a tough team because playoffs are not the best time to try an "get back in the swing of things" I'm sure the coach's have not let them get there heads to big. Good luck devils from south Mississippi!

FACE IT?????? let me enlighten you a bit pappy, your Pounders are heading into HOSTILE territory against a Greeneville team that has won more games in the last 2 years than Central has in the last 5.

Do you think we haven't heard this all season...I think we'll just stay at the top of the heap and wait for your Central boys to come try to knock us off.....see you Friday and drive safe.

Barb what do ya know of this team ya'll gotta play Friday? he seems pretty confident :thumb:

I will give credit where credit is do Greeneville high has a pretty good well rounded team strap them fellers shoes on tight it will be a hitting game.....lol

DO hometown proud Devils!!!

All I can do is analyze their schedule and that of their opposition. Central is 5-5 against teams with pretty good records, including Red Bank and South Pitt. However of the teams they faced with winning records (6), they lost to 5 of them. 4 were conference games. Last year before the z-plan,like us they were 4a and went 1-9 against somewhat tougher competition. The Pounders benefitted from reclassification as it enabled them to be more competitive with smaller schools. Hixson, Howard and East Hamilton were not so fortunate. 8 games were against AA competition and 2 were A schools against whom they were 1-1.Of the 9 teams in district 6,5 have winning records, Central is 5-5, and the other 2 teams are 2-8 and 1-9. Including their 5 wins,Central was outscored by their opposition 190-177.

Compare with Greeneville who is 7-3 against teams with ok records...3 losses to non-conference Tennessee High, Sullivan South, and Elizabethton. Of the 5 teams faced with winning records, Greeneville won 2....8-2 Claiborne and 7-3 West Greene...both conference games. Last year Greeneville went 11-3 in 4a, its last loss being to Maryville in the semi's. It remains to be seen whether the Devils will derive any benefit at all from the z-plan, but I'm glad to not have to play TH again this year. Greeneville romped through the Blue Ridge conference unmolested. Of the 10 games played this year, the Devils were 1-2 against AAA teams and 6-1 against AA teams. Of the 7 teams that comprise the Blue Ridge, 3 have winning records,2 teams are 5-5, and the bottom 2 are 2-8. Even with the 3 losses Greeneville has outscored their opposition 395-150. So...what can we derive from this info. Offensively, Greeneville has scored more than twice as many points as Central and given up fewer. Is their conference stronger....well it probably has about the same parity. One team clearly dominated each conference and the rest lagged behind. Hard to say how either team would do against the others conference. But if I'm analyzing the numbers, I'd say Greeneville has the toughest defense and the most productive offense of the 2. So I'm going out on a limb and say Greeneville takes this one.

Barb what do ya know of this team ya'll gotta play Friday? he seems pretty confident :thumb:

I will give credit where credit is do Greeneville high has a pretty good well rounded team strap them fellers shoes on tight it will be a hitting game.....lol

DO hometown proud Devils!!!

lol.... it will be a hard hitting game dont worry about that . it's always is when central plays. hard noise physical football. coach barger will have his boys ready!!!!!!