Chatt Central at Greeneville Round 1

DevilMan03

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all the talk is over it is GAME TIME NOW!!!!!!! see you at seven greenville fans.

PURPLE PRIDE. GO GET'EM BOYS.

Oh Yea, "POUNDER PAPA" lol will be cheering on those pounders as show they what chattanooga football is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks to me like Chatt Central dont even know what Chattanooga football is about losing to the teams from their area! :angry: Come in here with that big head and get ready to be pounded, Pounders....

all the talk is over it is GAME TIME NOW!!!!!!! see you at seven greenville fans.

PURPLE PRIDE. GO GET'EM BOYS.

Oh Yea, "POUNDER PAPA" lol will be cheering on those pounders as show they what chattanooga football is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better get here early pappy, good parking is scarce and the Devil fans will start filling up the visitors side early...Gates open @ 5.

There would be atleast least 5 wrestling state titles on Greeneville's resume if we had been in the "correct" classification all along. I love playing up and being able to compete with schools much larger than us in football and basketball. It makes us much better, but I wish TSSAA would reconsider its stance on allowing individual sports to compete in different classifications independently. It may be a little bias considering it would have benefited my alma mater specifically, but could anyone really argue with this? Is there any harm? Where did we go wrong in finally joining the correct classification according to our enrollment? Is it fair for an athletic program fed by a school composed of 900 students to be going against the big boys who have enrollments of nearly 2,000 students and upward? Maybe I just have a chip on my shoulder, and we need to suck it up and go the extra distance and do whatever it takes to win no matter what classification we are in, no matter the cost. If it don't kill you it just makes you stronger...right? A state title captured against overwhelming odds would in fact make it that much sweeter wouldn't it? I'm fine with that, but try to understand our perspective on the current situation while also trying to ignore and excuse the arrogance of some of our fans. I promise you the entirety of the Greeneville community is not nearly as overly self-assured as we seem, or as some may make us out to be.

With all of that being said, it is obvious to anyone who can read between the lines what highschool athletics are being turned into. Tennessee is not nearly big enough to field six classes of competitive football.

I think Pink Floyd probably said it the best...."money! so they say, is the root of all evil today"

Don't give me the "we only have 900 students" argument. How many of those students live in the county and should be going to a county school? How many of those play sports? How many of those county kids start on the football team? I know they only go to the city schools for the better education they just happen to be great athletes.

You know what, I've heard this bogus arguement for far too long, so thank you for allowing me the opportunity to get up on my soap box. Now that you've opened up a can of worms, here goes...

a) WG has nearly as many,if not more students than Greeneville High does now (if I'm not mistaken and please correct me if I am)

:thumb: IF GHS is supposidly "recruiting" talent out of the county then by all means, PLEASE give me some of their names who are currently on our roster. I beg of you...enlighten me.

c) IF and only if we were "stealing your kids" we would be going after the Susongs and the Shufflers, and the Boles and the Turners of your beloved communities. (maybe even the Lowery kid who I heard was going to be such a stud at the pool over the summer, but never seemed to produce) So judging by your record this season we obviously aren't coming and snatching away your best ball players, because if we were you would not being having the success that you are, and Greeneville's success would be even more so amplified with an addition of a Susong at quarterback or a Turner anchoring the O-Line. IF there were a Greene Co. Highschool we would be a force to reckon with in 7A for crying out loud, lol, in any sport! There is talent all over Greene Co. and that's awesome, we should be thankful that we are so blessed. (both boys AND girls)

The point is, we're not coming in like a thief in the night and running off with your first born to brainwash them and start them on an extensive regiment of football training so that they can one day grow to be strong boys and girls who squash the hopes and dreams of innocent little county children. We don't need your kids...we have our own, but if your son realizes that a solid program that is capturing alot of attention state-wide is emerging just a few miles away within the city limits and has aspirations of playing at the next level are you going to be the one to deture him from chasing his dreams? It's not bias,it's solid facts. Smaller schools are not recruited as heavily. Is it a travesty? Yea, it stinks, I don't like it either. I don't make the rules though, just got to play with the cards that are delt. Is life fair? has it ever been? County boys are so much tougher than the ones in Greeneville? Yea...I wouldn't say that is an entirely inaccurate statement. So be tough, suck it up, and do whatever needs to be done to kick Greeneville's tail in the upcoming seasons and it will make it soo much sweeter when you do so. A majority of the county kids do have a general loathing for the city schools, and understandibly so. They don't want to leave their respective highschool that they have grown up idolizing; they want to beat the tar out of the Greene Devils, and there are sometimes I would like to go back and slap around some of our players as well. (along with a couple of our fans)

With that being said...I hope West Greene runs Sullivan North into the ground tonight. My girlfriend was most school spirited at SG her senior year, and my best friend just graduated from WG last year, played ball under Coach Case, and is now currently serving in the Marines. That is the type of young men that football programs are supposed to produce. Yal should be proud, I am. I would take a Marine over a D1 prospect any day of the week if I were a coach. (which I am) My diploma may say GreeneVILLE highschool, but I assure you I am a country boy;and very much so a county sympathizer, but you can't get around the truth. PLEASE make the county rivalries true rivalries. Push the Devils to the brink and make each other better so that when it comes playoff time we can start bringing muliple golden footballs back to OUR County.

Charles Allan Arrington Jr.

Greeneville High School class of 2008

There would be atleast least 5 wrestling state titles on Greeneville's resume if we had been in the "correct" classification all along. I love playing up and being able to compete with schools much larger than us in football and basketball. It makes us much better, but I wish TSSAA would reconsider its stance on allowing individual sports to compete in different classifications independently. It may be a little bias considering it would have benefited my alma mater specifically, but could anyone really argue with this? Is there any harm? Where did we go wrong in finally joining the correct classification according to our enrollment? Is it fair for an athletic program fed by a school composed of 900 students to be going against the big boys who have enrollments of nearly 2,000 students and upward? Maybe I just have a chip on my shoulder, and we need to suck it up and go the extra distance and do whatever it takes to win no matter what classification we are in, no matter the cost. If it don't kill you it just makes you stronger...right? A state title captured against overwhelming odds would in fact make it that much sweeter wouldn't it? I'm fine with that, but try to understand our perspective on the current situation while also trying to ignore and excuse the arrogance of some of our fans. I promise you the entirety of the Greeneville community is not nearly as overly self-assured as we seem, or as some may make us out to be.

With all of that being said, it is obvious to anyone who can read between the lines what highschool athletics are being turned into. Tennessee is not nearly big enough to field six classes of competitive football.

I think Pink Floyd probably said it the best...."money! so they say, is the root of all evil today"

Don't give me the "we only have 900 students" argument. How many of those students live in the county and should be going to a county school? How many of those play sports? How many of those county kids start on the football team? I know they only go to the city schools for the better education they just happen to be great athletes.

You know what, I've heard this bogus arguement for far too long, so thank you for allowing me the opportunity to get up on my soap box. Now that you've opened up a can of worms, here goes...

a) WG has nearly as many,if not more students than Greeneville High does now (if I'm not mistaken and please correct me if I am)

:thumb: IF GHS is supposidly "recruiting" talent out of the county then by all means, PLEASE give me some of their names who are currently on our roster. I beg of you...enlighten me.

c) IF and only if we were "stealing your kids" we would be going after the Susongs and the Shufflers, and the Boles and the Turners of your beloved communities. (maybe even the Lowery kid who I heard was going to be such a stud at the pool over the summer, but never seemed to produce) So judging by your record this season we obviously aren't coming and snatching away your best ball players, because if we were you would not being having the success that you are, and Greeneville's success would be even more so amplified with an addition of a Susong at quarterback or a Turner anchoring the O-Line. IF there were a Greene Co. Highschool we would be a force to reckon with in 7A for crying out loud, lol, in any sport! There is talent all over Greene Co. and that's awesome, we should be thankful that we are so blessed. (both boys AND girls)

The point is, we're not coming in like a thief in the night and running off with your first born to brainwash them and start them on an extensive regiment of football training so that they can one day grow to be strong boys and girls who squash the hopes and dreams of innocent little county children. We don't need your kids...we have our own, but if your son realizes that a solid program that is capturing alot of attention state-wide is emerging just a few miles away within the city limits and has aspirations of playing at the next level are you going to be the one to deture him from chasing his dreams? It's not bias,it's solid facts. Smaller schools are not recruited as heavily. Is it a travesty? Yea, it stinks, I don't like it either. I don't make the rules though, just got to play with the cards that are delt. Is life fair? has it ever been? County boys are so much tougher than the ones in Greeneville? Yea...I wouldn't say that is an entirely inaccurate statement. So be tough, suck it up, and do whatever needs to be done to kick Greeneville's tail in the upcoming seasons and it will make it soo much sweeter when you do so. A majority of the county kids do have a general loathing for the city schools, and understandibly so. They don't want to leave their respective highschool that they have grown up idolizing; they want to beat the tar out of the Greene Devils, and there are sometimes I would like to go back and slap around some of our players as well. (along with a couple of our fans)

With that being said...I hope West Greene runs Sullivan North into the ground tonight. My girlfriend was most school spirited at SG her senior year, and my best friend just graduated from WG last year, played ball under Coach Case, and is now currently serving in the Marines. That is the type of young men that football programs are supposed to produce. Yal should be proud, I am. I would take a Marine over a D1 prospect any day of the week if I were a coach. (which I am) My diploma may say GreeneVILLE highschool, but I assure you I am a country boy;and very much so a county sympathizer, but you can't get around the truth. PLEASE make the county rivalries true rivalries. Push the Devils to the brink and make each other better so that when it comes playoff time we can start bringing muliple golden footballs back to OUR County.

Charles Allan Arrington Jr.

Greeneville High School class of 2008

So what should I do with the 6 little lineman we gathered out in Midway Halloween night? I just started them on the McCall Future Lineman Feeding Program and as soon as they're 10, we'll be able to get 'em in the weight room. They're almost as good as the crop we had 4 or 5 years ago :thumb:

Your in for a surprise. Greeneville's D is NASTY GOOD!!!

They have shut the run down in every single game this year. Yes including 5a teams. One being TN High. Number 1 team in state. Devils win with Defense, passing, and rushing. Quarles throws for 120 for two td's and rushes 60 two td's. Our awesome three backs score about 2 td's with a comeback night for spradlin who rushes for 125. Defense holds CC to 150 yards. with one td.

Greeneville 42

Chatt-Central 7

Well I was pretty close on this one. Bj had 2 tds and over 100 yards i believe. Quarles throws 2 tds and rushes for 2 tds. And some more close things but I wasn't off but much...

So any excuses for Central??? :roflol::roflol::o

They have shut the run down in every single game this year. Yes including 5a teams. One being TN High. Number 1 team in state. Devils win with Defense, passing, and rushing. Quarles throws for 120 for two td's and rushes 60 two td's. Our awesome three backs score about 2 td's with a comeback night for spradlin who rushes for 125. Defense holds CC to 150 yards. with one td.

Greeneville 42

Chatt-Central 7

Well I was pretty close on this one. Bj had 2 tds and over 100 yards i believe. Quarles throws 2 tds and rushes for 2 tds. And some more close things but I wasn't off but much...

So any excuses for Central??? :roflol::o:roflol:

Its ok, you had no way of knowing Central couldn't kick...

Greeneville 42

Chatt-Central 7

So any excuses for Central??? :roflol::o:roflol:

Its ok, you had no way of knowing Central couldn't kick...

I know lol

But I was right on and everyone thought I was Crazy.