MC defense gives up 19.4 ppg

OR opponent combined win / loss record is 49 - 48

MC opponent combined win / loss record is 52 - 48

Againist the only common opponent:

Maryville beat OR in week #5 21-13

Maryville beat MC in week #3 49-6

OR is on a 1 game win streak

MC is on a 7 game win streak

I personally do not think we can compare the Maryville game being the only team we both have played. McMinn was a different ball club in week 4 than what it is now. Along with the improvement that we have seen week in week out, we also had so much sickness and injuries the week we played Maryville, we should have just stayed at the house!! I don't think we could have pulled an upset had everyone been healthy, but it most definitely affected the score. The Tribe has grown and played so well the last few weeks. How would we stack up against Maryville now? Not sure, but this week is all about Oak Ridge. McMinn will win this one. 21-14. Our D will again step up to the plate!!!

The whole top of this 6A bracket is crazy good... I couldn't believe all of these good football teams playing in the first round...... Oak Ridge really drew a tough game since MC is coming off a big win last Friday.. I haven't seen MC play but I have heard good things about their football team... If number 15 is not 100% thats going to take a big chunk out of OR offense.... but their defense is really good and will stop people.. I cant believe I'm saying this but I would like to see OR do well, they deserve a good showing in the play-offs because they have gotten better each week... OR by 7 on the road Friday... Make me look good OR :thumb:

This game is close to call because as good of a staff that Bo has put together Scott Blade is right now the better coach. However Bo does have the better team in this game and Mcminn is the home team. Therefore i believe the cherokees pull this out. I hope they dont have a let down after an emotional senior night win...... GO TRIBE!!!!!!!

It's my opinion anytime you play againist a great traditional power like OR it will be a challenge. Like it has been said there is a concern that there might be a let down after last weeks win againist the #1 Owls but this is the playoffs and if you cant get yourself prepared to play now then you best stay on the porch. I think McMinn is playing about as well as any McMinn team that I have seen since the '88 team that made it to the quarter finals and lost to the eventual state champions Jefferson Co.

Again I say if McMinn can protect the pocket then they can play with anybody but once that area breaks down then the advantage is lost.

McMinn 24

Oak Ridge 14

These teams will match up well together!

Scott Blade does a very good job of offensive scheming!

McMinn Co will have a let down after a big game with the Owls!

Wildcats 20

Cherokees 17

So, you're thinking Ooltewah might not have a let-down after such a devastating loss......losing not only thier first game, but also the District 5 Championship in the process, as well as the state's #1 ranking?