MCMINN COUNTY & OAK RIDGE

cherokeefan

McMinn has to many advantages...

Team of The Year, Coach of the Year, QB of the year, Player of the year, a stout defense led by Masingale and McDermott that will score points to back up the offense, a nasty offense lead by Cy ables, Tev. McD, and Travis Smith, a strong kickoff, and they also have a very strong sophomore punter in Conar Roberts who normally gives the defense a great advantage if he has time to get the ball off...

This will be a good game and great first round of the playoffs for both teams..

However, the Cherokees will pull this one out and will be ready to play Maryville again since we all know that DB cant make it out of the first round..

Good Luck to both teams tonight..

Cherokees-28

Cats-17

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn has to many advantages...

Team of The Year, Coach of the Year, QB of the year, Player of the year, a stout defense led by Masingale and McDermott that will score points to back up the offense, a nasty offense lead by Cy ables, Tev. McD, and Travis Smith, a strong kickoff, and they also have a very strong sophomore punter in Conar Roberts who normally gives the defense a great advantage if he has time to get the ball off...

This will be a good game and great first round of the playoffs for both teams..

However, the Cherokees will pull this one out and will be ready to play Maryville again since we all know that DB cant make it out of the first round..

Good Luck to both teams tonight..

Cherokees-28

Cats-17

hahahahahahahahaha

:lol::roflolk::thumb::thumb:B)

As far as radio announcers for high school games, I think Johnny Coffman, "Voice of the Cherokees", in Athens is the absolute best in the business!!! Very knowledgeable of the game, very fair to both teams, uses proper English, and has a great voice. Any OR fans listening to the game should occasionally tune in to 101.7 FM to hear Johnny's coverage. I've advocated for years that Johnny should take Bob Kessling's place should Bob ever leave.

It looks like sophomore qb starter may not be able to go. Big brother has taken all the reps this week in practice. Coaches and players have full confidence in #1. He is throwing darts in practice. We will be getting two other defensive starters back from injury, a lb and safety this week. This is huge because if #1 plays qb, he won't play safety. The Cats are very focused and have had a great week of practice, best week of the year according to Coach Blade. This will be a great game.

Hopefully, all the sun this week has dried up the field enough to break out that horse!

Go Cats

BIG CAT RIDGER HERE FINALLY!!!!!!!!

OR looks to avenge the lack of playoff appearances and McMinn in first on the list. If I have to listen to "First and ten for the Cherokees!" one more time, I'll puke! Keep me updated on the score by texting me at 6610543. How's the little 'Cat?! :roflol:

Well, the kees pulled this one out but it was ugly. Nothing clicked. InterceptionS, the kicking game, our defense showed up late, the refs were horrible, and the clock mgt was a joke. Thank goodness for Tevin McDermott. I have never thought 1 kid made the whole team, but tonight he did. I have no idea how we came out on top this week. The first half score did NOT reflect the game on the field. OR came ready to play we looked horrible. But a win is a win, and we will have to be ready for next week.