Farragut vs Ooltewah

Minethatbird

I was VERY glad to see Farragut's coaches commit to physical football with a second half lead in a big game. It was a pleasant surprise. Hope we see more of it. This O-Line can get it done.

I was not as pleased with some of the first half play-calling. After the INT, and up 7-0, I really disliked the the first down out-route play selection. You just got a turnover in a playoff game, and you have the lead. Stick the ball in the gut of an athlete and HAMMER ON 'EM!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I don’t know why all you folks let one silly post bend you all out of shape. Any knowledgeable Farragut fan knows this game will be a challenge. Ooltewah will be the toughest defense Farragut has faced all season, and Smith is an OUTSTANDING talent. This should be a great match up.

As for Farragut barely beating Catholic, remember that Catholic needed a touchdown AND a two-point conversion JUST TO TIE. Furthermore, Farragut easily ran the ball down Catholic’s throat to kill the clock (a concept I wish they had employed with a 10-point second half lead in the Maryville game).To say Farragut was ever in jeopardy of losing to Catholic is definitely stretching the truth.

If I recall this right Catholic missed 2 fieldgoals had you blocked and dropped a touchdown pass by number 11 with 4:00 mins to go in the game plus drive back down to fumble the ball at the three by Brooks Harper hit with a little over 2:00 mins to go in the game and missed one of there fieldgoals missed was late in the 4 qtr. they had a dropped TD pass in the endzone, a missed fieldgoal, plus the fumble late in the 4 qtr.

Your recollection seems a bit selective. You conveniently omit Farragut's interception at the Catholic 20, and the fumble at the ONE YARD LINE. If you want to engage in excuses, Browning barely missied wide open TD passes to Allen and Van Dyne. Furthermore, the pass to Van Dyne in the corner of the endzone easily could have been ruled a TD (with the ground causing the fumble).

I'll admit Catholic missed some opportunities, but Farragut missed at least as many as Catholic. In the end, the better team won.

Rigger,

I am wondering if the Farragut fans are any different? I know for a fact that over the last several years there have been many complaints about Farragut's coaching staff. Especially after losing in the playoffs. It always ends up sounding something like. "He is a good coach, but he can't get us to the next level." I know I have complained about the staff before, especially when it comes to their lack of gameplan changes during games. Of course, they changed things during the Ooltewah game and we won! Something the last 4 times we've played at Ooltewah we didn't do. Change the gameplan after it originally didn't work! So to the Farragut people on here just reading about these Owl fans complaining about their coach. I don't think we are that much different. Of course, I don't think we have ever said our coach is classless, mostly because I think everyone knows that he is one of the greatest guys around. Just something to think about....

You keep wondering! I, for one, (and I think that most Farragut fans) think the world of our coaches. Perhaps you and many others forget that playing and competing is not always about winning championships. It's about teaching our young men the values that will serve them in their adult lives. If our Farragut coaches never take us to another championship game I will still value the impact they've had in our son's lives. So think again before you complain. I'll thank the Farragut coaching staff for helping my son be a better person while you bemoan a high school football game loss that likely won't be remembered a few years into their adult lives.

You keep wondering! I, for one, (and I think that most Farragut fans) think the world of our coaches. Perhaps you and many others forget that playing and competing is not always about winning championships. It's about teaching our young men the values that will serve them in their adult lives. If our Farragut coaches never take us to another championship game I will still value the impact they've had in our son's lives. So think again before you complain. I'll thank the Farragut coaching staff for helping my son be a better person while you bemoan a high school football game loss that likely won't be remembered a few years into their adult lives.

I don't recall saying they weren't great coaches.. or that they don't help the kids become men. Then again, this also isn't pee wee football. If you don't compete to win, then honestly why compete? It is that simple. If the coaches are more concerned with "teaching", rather than coaching a championship team, then honestly I don't want them coaching. They should be perfectly capable of doing both at the same time.. i.e. Coach Pharr with baseball and Culbreth with soccer. Footballl shouldn't be an exception. I suppose we see this completely different. I guess eventually we will all be demanding that everybody get a trophy at the end of the year as well? I mean, "we play to have fun! not to win!" "Winning isn't the point of playing".. Thats BS. The point is to win. If you can't win, then don't play/coach. These days people are too concerned with their children not winning something that there is almost no point in playing anymore. If you don't win then you are loser. It's that simple. I for one am tired of this whole "don't hurt the kids feelings" kind of crap. It's ridiculous. You play/coach to win. That's the point of competition.

I don't recall saying they weren't great coaches.. or that they don't help the kids become men. Then again, this also isn't pee wee football. If you don't compete to win, then honestly why compete? It is that simple. If the coaches are more concerned with "teaching", rather than coaching a championship team, then honestly I don't want them coaching. They should be perfectly capable of doing both at the same time.. i.e. Coach Pharr with baseball and Culbreth with soccer. Footballl shouldn't be an exception. I suppose we see this completely different. I guess eventually we will all be demanding that everybody get a trophy at the end of the year as well? I mean, "we play to have fun! not to win!" "Winning isn't the point of playing".. Thats BS. The point is to win. If you can't win, then don't play/coach. These days people are too concerned with their children not winning something that there is almost no point in playing anymore. If you don't win then you are loser. It's that simple. I for one am tired of this whole "don't hurt the kids feelings" kind of crap. It's ridiculous. You play/coach to win. That's the point of competition.

Good Post. I agree. I have seen some great teachers of young men on the field. However all of them were fired when they could't bring home the gold.

Farraguts Soccer Program is a perfect example. The team was always one of the best in the state but could not win state. When they hired Coach Culbreth he took them to the next level, State and National Champions. I don't know which one is the better teacher of young men but I know which one put the State championships in the trophy case! :popcorneater:

Farragut won, fair and square ( it would have been different with Smith in ballgame)....

...BUT, FROM MY OBSERVATION... Admirals can't win it all.......why???

#15 qb is not much better than Owls' qback

if #15 is playing a good secondary (instead of Lenoir City), he struggles

#20 is a whinner and complainer and not a D1 player, he has had 1 good catch in three years playing the Owls (bad play on Owls' corner)

everytime #31 gets hit, he is out....even after long run, he's not gased, he limps

Farragut secondary is SLOW!!!!!! good qb beats them 9 out of 10 games

Admirals' line will get beat up if they have to play a Murfreesboro school (hint: Riverdale)

other than that...congrats Admirals....you beat a sinking Owls team...Owls peaked too early

Ads, good luck with Bearden....no joke....good luck

Farragut won, fair and square ( it would have been different with Smith in ballgame)....

#20 is a whinner and complainer and not a D1 player, he has had 1 good catch in three years playing the Owls (bad play on Owls' corner)

everytime #31 gets hit, he is out....even after long run, he's not gased, he limps

Admirals' line will get beat up if they have to play a Murfreesboro school (hint: Riverdale)

other than that...congrats Admirals....you beat a sinking Owls team...Owls peaked too early

Someones bitter....

My observations:

OOltewah is done, beaten soundly by a better team! wHOOdat wHOOdat

Not much home fan support by owls, FHS brought more fans down I-75. HOOTy HOO

Ya'll need a fan to get rid of OWLburger grill smoke that was hovering down on field all game.

Oh yeah, phish is whiny lOOser HOO didn't show online for twOO days since getting wHOOped after running that beak all HOOTing year.

I only state the facts (and my opinion of course) :thumb:

Isn't this the same Owl team and QB just a few weeks ago you said would beat Maryville and go to State. :thumb:

You better stick to Girls Softball! :thumb: Really I mean it :o

Did you watch the Ads play Riverdale and Maryville. It was close games that the Ads could and should have won. I would say Farragut played most of the top programs and teams in the state.

Ooltewah was not one of them! :thumb:

Get'em Admirals

osu_crying_fans.jpg

Change your Ohio State Uniforms and maybe you can become Champions and your fans will stop acting like Ohio State fans. :thumb: