McMinn Central at CAK

charger05

:geek: We couldn't come to terms with Saban & Meyer's agent on the hourly fee, but I heard Peyton Manning and Tony Dungee were seen going into our new fieldhouse before a team meeting with a dry erase board and a handful of dvd's. :thumb:

No problem, as long as they didn't eat all the good food......especially the nanner puddin'. :thumb:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, I've given you a plethora of hints already. Think of the best looking guy you remember from Fairview Baptist about '92-'95. The first name that comes to mind should be Bobby......and I don't mean your hubby!

Bobby M? When I made a tape and you gave a donation to Small World? Wow! How come I don't see you at the games?

Gee, I've given you a plethora of hints already. Think of the best looking guy you remember from Fairview Baptist about '92-'95. The first name that comes to mind should be Bobby......and I don't mean your hubby!

Bobby M? When I made a tape and you gave a donation to Small World? Wow! How come I don't see you at the games?

Ahhhhhh.....so you did think of me when I said to think of a handsome hunk? :thumb:

Yes, and I still have that cassette! You made that for me when Jamin was about 2!

I've actually been to two Central games this year. I'm primarily a fan of Meigs (Grandson played there a couple of years ago when they had those good teams), plus I like McMinn Central and McMinn Co. (I know several coaches on each team). I even went to watch Polk Co. play once this year. So, I guess you could say I'm a fan of many local teams. We're also friends with Zack Rayl's Mother, Father & Stepmother.

Rumor has it that I'll be coaching McMinn Central this Friday night. Just ask OldSchoolCharger (Bobby L.). Hope to see you and Roberto there! :roflol:

Hey Sportsnut, I would like to nominate you to sing the National Anthem this Friday. Normally Footballdad finds a way to get in on it and it's not pretty. :thumb:

I'll paint the picture for you. Imagine FBD with a hamburger in one hand, a hotdog in the other with 2 slices of pizza and a Coke balanced on his head while singing the National Anthem. I told you it was not pretty. :roflol:

Hey Sportsnut, I would like to nominate you to sing the National Anthem this Friday. Normally Footballdad finds a way to get in on it and it's not pretty. :roflol:

I'll paint the picture for you. Imagine FBD with a hamburger in one hand, a hotdog in the other with 2 slices of pizza and a Coke balanced on his head while singing the National Anthem. I told you it was not pretty. :thumb:

Thanks for the picture Govolsknox. :thumb: We are having way too much fun on this thread. It's like we really don't want to beat anyone. NOT!!! Maybe I should sing something after we win. ;) Our son went to Fairview Christian Academy in Athens until his sophmore year. I still have one child in that school. (The 4th grade) I'd be glad to come up and speak in Chapel some time. I don't play the quitar much Blitz. (12 string) I was in a car accident this summer and I can't raise my right arm above shoulder height. My guitar is too big for me to manage until I get this arm fixed.

Hey Sportsnut, I would like to nominate you to sing the National Anthem this Friday. Normally Footballdad finds a way to get in on it and it's not pretty. :roflol:

I'll paint the picture for you. Imagine FBD with a hamburger in one hand, a hotdog in the other with 2 slices of pizza and a Coke balanced on his head while singing the National Anthem. I told you it was not pretty. :thumb:

Thanks for the picture Govolsknox. :thumb: We are having way too much fun on this thread. It's like we really don't want to beat anyone. NOT!!! Maybe I should sing something after we win. ;) Our son went to Fairview Christian Academy in Athens until his sophmore year. I still have one child in that school. (The 4th grade) I'd be glad to come up and speak in Chapel some time. I don't play the quitar much Blitz. (12 string) I was in a car accident this summer and I can't raise my right arm above shoulder height. My guitar is too big for me to manage until I get this arm fixed.

We all should have fun and enjoy each other here on earth, since we'll have to spend eternity together!

Sorry, didn't know about the auto accident! Are you still working?

I'll throw this out there for those predicting a Charger upset. No disrespect, just material for discussion. There are 2 common opponents between CAK & McMinn Central this year. Obviously this is not always a reliable barometer, but it is fun for discussion.

CAK vs Sequoyah 41-0 (CAK) Central vs Sequoyah 22-8 (Central)

CAK vs Alcoa 7-24 (Alcoa) Central vs Alcoa 7-49 (Alcoa)

CAK 9-1 #4 ranking Central 7-3 unranked

CAK coachT strength of schedule #25 Central strengthof schedule #65

CAK coachT power ranking #4 Central coachT power ranking #22

CAK significant wins over Loudon & Elizabethton & Grace (single A, but ranked 4th) Central ??

CAK playing @ home, relatively healthy, good weather forecast.

What do you see that suggests upset?

I'll throw this out there for those predicting a Charger upset. No disrespect, just material for discussion. There are 2 common opponents between CAK & McMinn Central this year. Obviously this is not always a reliable barometer, but it is fun for discussion.

CAK vs Sequoyah 41-0 (CAK) Central vs Sequoyah 22-8 (Central)

CAK vs Alcoa 7-24 (Alcoa) Central vs Alcoa 7-49 (Alcoa)

CAK 9-1 #4 ranking Central 7-3 unranked

CAK playing @ home, relatively healthy, good weather forecast.

What do you see that suggests upset?

i know the central-seq game score doesn't look convincing at all. for whatever reason central always has a tough game with seq. they overlooked the chiefs IMO... no excuse for that, but they came away with a win anyway. not saying my chargers will leave cak with a victory, but i am saying they will show up to play and give the warriors a hard fought football game.

Tell us about your team. I hear on offense you run some wing t and out of the spread some. Lots of QB keepers with your fine QB (6-2 208?). Is that pretty accurate? How does your run / pass ratio work out. What type of defense do you run?

I'll go ahead and throw out a little similar info on the Warriors. Offense is 99.9% out of shotgun. We run 3, 4, and and a little 5 receivers. No tight end, 5 linemen. Our center #67 (jr.) is the only player that starts both ways. He has matched up with some very highly regarded linemen and done extremely well. Our run / pass ratio would be roughly 70% pass to 30% run, although during the bulk of the game it has been even heavier pass. We have tended to run more in the second half I would say when we generally have had a lead. QB (#2, 6-2 190 I would guess) is primarily a passer, but is very fast when he takes off. RB (#8) is smallish (5-11 160 approx) but strong for his size. Hits the hole hard and very quickly, runs north south. Our deepest position and arguably our best is receiver. We lost 1 earlier in the year but he is back and looks great. In the meantime, we have developed one freshman into an outstanding receiver too. All 4 receivers (15, 21, 27,16) on the field are way above average in catching the ball and YAC. #15 is not big, but is a burner and has great hands.

On defense, the DL has been outstanding, and the LB corp is I believe the best overall we've had in the last several years. No current big time prospects like Bennet a couple of years ago, but overall outstanding. We run a 4-4 cover 3, (3 DB's). On defense, you might look for #23 who plays corner. He also returns punts, returns kicks, handles punting duties, and has played a little RB. He is a tremendous athlete and is a burner as well. (Won the KIL jamboree sprint last year in a close race with the AE back.)