McMinn Central at CAK

charger05

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know to much about CAK and i ain't been to very many Central games this year so i ain't got much info but i would love to see my chargers get out of the first one this year three years in a row with first rounds losses just would not be cutting it go chargers

Well, look who it is. You are alive. Nice to see you can post on Coach T but you cant return a phone call or text message. Your sophomore English teacher would be very disappointed in the number of times you used the word "aint." :?: I see your giving your opinion on football. Have you ever played a down of football in your life? :?: By the way, been in any bench clearing brawls lately? :blink:

Haven't seen MC play but heard a lot from those that have or seen film. Seen all of our games and scrimmages. Here are keys to me:

1) CAKs pass defense-I know MC isn't pass happy like us, but they do have a good QB and WR's

2)Field position-MC's punter is a weapon and at it's weak moments our offense can be impatient-not good if we do that deep in our territory.

3) Can MC run effectively?--need to to control the clock--CAKs line and LBs have been outstanding all year.

4)CAKs pass offense--little rusty(no pun warrior fans) (and/or played great CBs last two weeks)--can we take what we are given?--our guys will get open-we just have to pick the right guy/route.

Looks like best game of first round in 3A to me--MC folks have a good trip up.

Haven't seen MC play but heard a lot from those that have or seen film. Seen all of our games and scrimmages. Here are keys to me:

1) CAKs pass defense-I know MC isn't pass happy like us, but they do have a good QB and WR's

2)Field position-MC's punter is a weapon and at it's weak moments our offense can be impatient-not good if we do that deep in our territory.

3) Can MC run effectively?--need to to control the clock--CAKs line and LBs have been outstanding all year.

4)CAKs pass offense--little rusty(no pun warrior fans) (and/or played great CBs last two weeks)--can we take what we are given?--our guys will get open-we just have to pick the right guy/route.

Looks like best game of first round in 3A to me--MC folks have a good trip up.

My take on your points:

1) CAK's pass defense can be HOT or COLD. The D has about a dozen picks this season, 4 of those were pick 6's. We have given up some deep balls that were painful, some have been due to poor coverage by the players, some have been due to a coverage call that was inadequate to cover particular routes or the number of recievers in a particular area. MC is capable of exploiting some of these weaknesses with a good QB & tall receivers, and CAK is certainly capable of turning passes into defensive points. We'll just have to wait and see. MC's only score against Alcoa was on a nice pass down the sidelines for about 35 yards in the 1st qtr.

2) Field position is important from the standpoint of not putting our defense in short field situations against the Chargers. Offensively, CAK is quite capable of scoring on a long or short field. The Chargers will have to defend the entire field due to the spread formations and no huddle the Warriors deploy. The MC punter will be able to flip the field, but it also opens up opportunities to over kick coverage and #23 could hurt them with a return. I'd like to see #15 and #23 both back to return punts.

3) MC's QB likes to run and he is sizeable at 6-3, 208 along with a 200lb + FB. However; I think their success will be limited on the ground. As was written in the KNS this week, the Warrior defense has been vastly underrated. The front 8 are tough against the run. Alcoa bruised us up a bit, but even they didn't gash us with big chuncks at a time on the ground.

4) CAK's passing game is not a question of "can they", but a matter of "will they". They have proven most of the year that they are clearly one of the best passing offenses in high school football in this area. But "will they" settle back into the pattern & rhythm of the offense prior to the Betsy & Alcoa games? Those were 2 darn good defenses and I believe we didn't respond very well. CAK did get a bit impatient and continued to force the deep ball rather than taking the short to midrange strikes that would move the chains and eventually put points on the board, all the while resting the defense. Additionally, I know coach RB grimaces at the thought of the QB running, but we are in the playoff's now, win or go home. IMHO we need for #2 to take off a couple of times and rip off some of those long runs he is capable of. Let him slide or step out of bounds if that is what is required by the coach to protect him, but a couple of those gallops by the QB and it will slow down the pass rush and keep those LB's from dropping so quickly into coverage.

I agree, this should be the best game around on Friday night. Get there early, game starts at 7:00PM, not the usual 7:30PM. Go Warriors

From a Polk fan go chargers get that first round win. i'm pulling for you guys i wish i knew someone from there so i could txt you and be updated bout the game. Hoping you guys get a other shot at alcoa. You never know any team can be beat. Good luck to you guys and cak on a injury free game.