McMinn Central at CAK

charger05

good hard fought football game last night. screens and draws hurt the chargers. good job seniors-ya'll have been a big part of turning this program around in the right direction!

chargers tackled better last night than they have all year long, rayl threw the ball well, simpson and moss caught the football. played well enough to win, just came up short.

get ready to rebuild!

Thanks Smoky.... we just ran out of gas! Having 7 starters going both ways and playing as hard as they did last night, they simply wore down before the clock did. We ask for supreme effort and they gave it, there was no quit by this team!! I was very proud of them and wish we could have got the win for them. This group of seniors has brought a since of pride back to Charger football, I will never forget them!!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are proud of our Chargers! They gave it their all, and will always be winners to us. We sure will miss our senior class! They have made us all so proud! Thanks to the coaches for spending the time working with our children! We have awesome Coaches are we are thankful for all of them.

Thanks to the CAK parents for making us feel so at home. Every person had a smile and was so nice!

Both teams played a good game..unfortunately, CAK has to play Alcoa twice in three weeks. Hopefully CAK was planning for this and has some new wrinkles in store for Alcoa. What they did last time did not work and probably will fail again. They must get the ball into the hands of their playmakers.

Hey Charger5, since you're the manager of this thread, why don't you close it. This thread has been a respectable and decent thread. Now there is a fan from another area tainting this thread. Central and CAK have respect for each other's players and program.

Fans who were at that game know how hard fought that game was. Those kids played their hearts out. I want to respect and remember this game just the way it was. Every player played with all their heart. They gave it their all all the way to the end. It's tough to loose a game in the last 5 minutes. It's emotionally difficult. CAK took advantage of plays when they needed them the most. The only score that matters is the score at the end of the game.

Let's give honor here where honor is deserved and move on to games and teams that are currently playing. Let's encourage your team of choice on those threads.

I am so proud of every single Central footabll player and coach. They had a good season. Those 13 Seniors will be missed. The Jr. and Soph players have big shoes to fill. Go Chargers!!!!! :hungry:

Nice post Sportsnut. There always seems to be a few who wants to ruin it for everybody. NOBODY can take anything away from these two teams.

Rivalries run deep. Rivalries are a key component in making athletics what they are. But sometimes rivalries elevate emotions beyond reason. Thats when its time to step back, take a deep breath, think about things like our troops over in harms way, etc... and take a break from our petty dislikes of others simply because they support a team other than our own. From my perspective (CAK fan) the Chargers have absolutely nothing to be blasted for as it pertains to their performance on the field against the Warriors. They came, they competed, they were tough, they had a chance, they were good sports, they just fell short. These are 15-18 year old boys/young men that worked their tails off to represent themselves, their families, and their community. Just as I'm proud of our young men at CAK, you are and should be proud of your Chargers. Looking forward to meeting you on the gridiron again someday soon.

Nice post Sportsnut. There always seems to be a few who wants to ruin it for everybody. NOBODY can take anything away from these two teams.

Rivalries run deep. Rivalries are a key component in making athletics what they are. But sometimes rivalries elevate emotions beyond reason. Thats when its time to step back, take a deep breath, think about things like our troops over in harms way, etc... and take a break from our petty dislikes of others simply because they support a team other than our own. From my perspective (CAK fan) the Chargers have absolutely nothing to be blasted for as it pertains to their performance on the field against the Warriors. They came, they competed, they were tough, they had a chance, they were good sports, they just fell short. These are 15-18 year old boys/young men that worked their tails off to represent themselves, their families, and their community. Just as I'm proud of our young men at CAK, you are and should be proud of your Chargers. Looking forward to meeting you on the gridiron again someday soon.

Hey FootballDAd, I second that. The fan that's mouthin is not a rivalry team and he's from a team that Central hasn't played in a long time. I'm fairly new here, so I don't know how long. They are not from our area. Some comments are best ignored I guess. Good luck with your game Friday night.

And thanks "FiftyishfootballMom" for your kind remarks. I'd love to come see your game Friday. I can't but I would love to. I pray no one gets seriously hurt.